Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Inhabitants of Candlekeep

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Goldeagle Posted - 07 Feb 2019 : 14:18:42
Please help.
It is between the years - 1490 DR "Year of the Star Walker's Return" & 1494 DR "Year of Twelve Warnings"

Who are the current inhabitants at "Candlekeep"??
And their current role/duty??

I have checked out: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Inhabitants_of_Candlekeep
but parts are vague or incomplete.

Please help
It is appreciated
Thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 28 Feb 2020 : 08:17:21
Acolyte Goldeagle,

You're likely better to come up with an entire staff, management, leaders, visitors, and more, on your own. They likely will take this much interest at WotC, sadly.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Goldeagle

quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

AFAIK, the most updated info about Candlekeep is what they put in the SCAG. And there is no info about the current inhabitants of Candlekeep in that book.

This was helpful in defining the ranks and order of the occupants - which I hope to get some help with.
quote:

I remember two NPCs from the D&D Next playtest adventure. First-Reader Quinlapp (seems to be a human male), and Winthrop, the master of the House of Rest (the latest "Winthrop" in a large line of fellows using that name).

This was cited as acting as a prequel to Ed Greenwood's The Herald novel (1487 DR).
So I guess it would be acceptable to use some of those people in the era of 1490DR-1494DR.
quote:

There is also the "Herald" novel, as some chapters of that novel happen at the keep. Yet I cannot assure you that there are named NPCs there, as I don't have that novel. I do know that in the novel a lot of NPCs die, so...

Yes I had a look at this, and yes a lot of those mentioned were also mentioned as being dead.
I also found 'AN INTRODUCTION TO CANDLEKEEP' by Ed Greenwood, 2004
Though I am trying to determine the Year in FR. Though even if it is a decade before 'The Herald' & 'Confrontation at Candlekeep' it will only be approximately 20 years prior to 1494DR.
quote:

I guess, that means you have absolute freedom to populate Candlekeep to your liking.

I am hoping for some help and guidance in re-occupying Candlekeep with some creditable characters.

Goldeagle Posted - 08 Feb 2019 : 07:20:08
Thanks again Zeromaru X

I couldn't see anywhere where 'AN INTRODUCTION TO CANDLEKEEP' related to any era, but that is easily remedied.

Please take a look at my other post, any help me.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22685

Thanks for the advice.
Zeromaru X Posted - 08 Feb 2019 : 06:52:58
quote:
Originally posted by Goldeagle

Though I am trying to determine the Year in FR. Though even if it is a decade before 'The Herald' & 'Confrontation at Candlekeep' it will only be approximately 20 years prior to 1494DR.

I'm pretty sure 'AN INTRODUCTION TO CANDLEKEEP' was written with a pre-Spellplague year in mind, so these NPCs were living around 1370s DR (during the age of 3.x sources). 4e and 5e sources are set in a century after the Spellplague (1479 to 1492 DR). Yeah that's a big jump in the timeline. Blame executive meddling.

If you're not concerned that much about canon, then any NPC can be used, however.
Goldeagle Posted - 08 Feb 2019 : 06:04:45
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

AFAIK, the most updated info about Candlekeep is what they put in the SCAG. And there is no info about the current inhabitants of Candlekeep in that book.

This was helpful in defining the ranks and order of the occupants - which I hope to get some help with.
quote:

I remember two NPCs from the D&D Next playtest adventure. First-Reader Quinlapp (seems to be a human male), and Winthrop, the master of the House of Rest (the latest "Winthrop" in a large line of fellows using that name).

This was cited as acting as a prequel to Ed Greenwood's The Herald novel (1487 DR).
So I guess it would be acceptable to use some of those people in the era of 1490DR-1494DR.
quote:

There is also the "Herald" novel, as some chapters of that novel happen at the keep. Yet I cannot assure you that there are named NPCs there, as I don't have that novel. I do know that in the novel a lot of NPCs die, so...

Yes I had a look at this, and yes a lot of those mentioned were also mentioned as being dead.
quote:

I guess, that means you have absolute freedom to populate Candlekeep to your liking.

I am hoping for some help and guidance in re-occupying Candlekeep with some creditable characters.
Zeromaru X Posted - 07 Feb 2019 : 15:28:51

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000