|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 06 Feb 2019 : 18:26:50
If the product of a union between two elven sub races( sun elf/ moon elf for example ) is either one or the other and not a combination of the two heritages, would the offspring take the surname of the parent whose sub race they are?
|2 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 07 Feb 2019 : 11:36:37
Considering there are clans which belonged to one subrace in the past that now belong to another subrace (comparing 2e Cormanthyr and Evermeet), I think it is not obligatory.
||Posted - 06 Feb 2019 : 22:41:03
That would be one option. It depends on a lot of factors.
* Did one elf marry into the other elf's family or clan?
* Does one elf have a famous/important lineage and the other doesn't?
* Is one elf significantly higher status than the other? (i.e. a temple matriarch marrying a vagabond)
* Which elf is actually raising the child? (i.e. single parents would probably give their own surname)
* What does the child want to do, once they get old enough to make an informed choice?
There are a lot of reasons an elf would have one surname or another.