Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Under Illefarn Anew

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ericlboyd Posted - 06 Feb 2019 : 14:34:34
Greetings,

Enjoy.

http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/UnderIllefarnAnew.pdf
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/UnderIllefarnAnewAnnotated.pdf

Comments welcome.

--Eric
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ericlboyd Posted - 24 May 2022 : 22:13:53
Glad folks are enjoying it. Let me know if you spot any issues.

--Eric
Barastir Posted - 24 May 2022 : 21:44:55
Excellent stuff, thank you for it!!!
Dalor Darden Posted - 24 May 2022 : 15:29:40
I surely love you guys.
PattPlays Posted - 24 May 2022 : 07:51:56
Wow, I see a 1479 DR time option. This bodes well for my curiosity!
Dewaint Posted - 23 May 2022 : 11:24:34
Many thanks for all the Lore provided and your(both of you of course) personal dedication to the Forgotten realms :D Am enjoying it, definitively!

Am heavily using the lore within "Under Illefarn Anew" in my 5e campaign, and the players are deeply impressed by the dwarven and elven history unfolding before their eyes.

Again, thank you so much!
ericlboyd Posted - 21 May 2022 : 13:02:08
Thanks Alaundo!

Hope you all enjoy the new content.

Since my other writing projects are making steady, but slow, progress, George and I decided to make a few updates to Under Illefarn Anew. New versions uploaded today for your enjoyment. All told, it's about 15 pages of new historical content, all in the fallen kingdoms and timeline section.

With the new content, you can learn the history of Illefarn, Ardeep, Irithar, Dardath, Tavaray, Elembar, Athalantar, the Shining Kingdom of Delimbiyran, Phalorm, Delimbiyran the Kingdom of Man, Calandor, and Scathril. In this campaign, everywhere your players turn, they should be stumbling over the ruins of some fallen kingdom, finding treasure of yore from the lost realms of the Shining Vale.

Many thanks to Gary Dallison for an excellent edit pass over the new content.

--Eric
Alaundo Posted - 21 May 2022 : 12:52:54
Well met

The updated version is now available as part of today's site update.

Direct download:
https://www.candlekeep.com/downloads/UnderIllefarnAnew.pdf
https://www.candlekeep.com/downloads/UnderIllefarnAnewAnnotated.pdf

Many thanks, ericlboyd for the continued work on this great tome.
ericlboyd Posted - 20 May 2022 : 01:03:36
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

And now he needs to make some changes ...

-- George Krashos

Already done!
George Krashos Posted - 20 May 2022 : 00:25:09
And now he needs to make some changes ...

-- George Krashos
ericlboyd Posted - 19 May 2022 : 18:53:38
quote:
Originally posted by PattPlays

exciting! I will pour over it for the additions and any revisions. I am using Under Illefarn Anew and other pieces of realmslore to bring depth to the region after a hundred years.

Hopefully up on the site soon. Sent it to Alaundo yesterday. I will post here when it's available.

--Eric
PattPlays Posted - 19 May 2022 : 18:05:07
exciting! I will pour over it for the additions and any revisions. I am using Under Illefarn Anew and other pieces of realmslore to bring depth to the region after a hundred years.
Alaundo Posted - 16 May 2022 : 08:23:44
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Just a heads up, with George's help I have just finished an update to Under Illefarn Anew. 15 pages of new fluffy Realmslore (history and write-ups of fallen kingdoms).

I'll let folks know as soon as it's posted. (I presume that will take a few days.)

--Eric

Well met

Great news, Eric. Will look forward to receiving and will update on the Candlekeep site, as usual
Gary Dallison Posted - 15 May 2022 : 12:34:48
Awesomeness on paper.
ericlboyd Posted - 15 May 2022 : 11:48:49
Just a heads up, with George's help I have just finished an update to Under Illefarn Anew. 15 pages of new fluffy Realmslore (history and write-ups of fallen kingdoms).

I'll let folks know as soon as it's posted. (I presume that will take a few days.)

--Eric
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 30 Dec 2019 : 00:45:29
I already ran a adventure using this... it was pretty epic. I upgraded everything to a 16HD encounter from the beginning. What I want to know is when are you coming out with the High Forest adventure?

I loved this. It was easy to convert the 2HD crap to 10HD crap, and go from there. The Wild elf leader in the Laughing Wood was hard, but I made it happen with some simple math and ingenuity. The Green Hag was powerful, but she was put down in the end with only losing 1 pc. The most challenging part was the traps and kill-spots I created as a DM for my players. In the end I loved this. I look forward to your High Forest module.
Duneth Despana Posted - 23 Dec 2019 : 21:48:59
This makes me so incredibly happy!
Barastir Posted - 23 Dec 2019 : 10:08:43
Thank you very much, finally downloaded it! Also, thank you guys for the awesome job!!!
Alaundo Posted - 11 Dec 2019 : 08:58:56
Well met

The latest version is now available as per the current links. Apologies for the mix up.

ericlboyd Posted - 09 Dec 2019 : 16:35:02
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

Hi, Mr. Boyd!

Are you sure the new version is available in these links? I've tried to download it, and apparently the 1.1 version was not uploaded.

I've given Big Al another ping.

It looks like it was my mistake. I've sent Alaundo the links to get the updated files. Hopefully they will be up shortly.

--Eric
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Dec 2019 : 02:49:21
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

Hi, Mr. Boyd!

Are you sure the new version is available in these links? I've tried to download it, and apparently the 1.1 version was not uploaded.

I've given Big Al another ping.
Barastir Posted - 08 Dec 2019 : 13:09:38
Hi, Mr. Boyd!

ericlboyd Posted - 03 Dec 2019 : 20:35:47
http://www.candlekeep.com/downloads/UnderIllefarnAnew.pdf

http://www.candlekeep.com/downloads/UnderIllefarnAnewAnnotated.pdf

Found those links on the main page.
Cards77 Posted - 03 Dec 2019 : 20:00:52
hate to be that person but can we get a link to it? I can't find it in the library
Renin Posted - 29 Nov 2019 : 21:01:44
I say thee, "yay!"
ericlboyd Posted - 29 Nov 2019 : 20:20:49
With editorial help from Wooly and AJA and posting help from Alaundo, the new version (includes the phrase "Version 1.1" on the cover page) is now posted on Candlekeep.

Minor typo fixes, one lineage correction, that's about it.

--Eric
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Nov 2019 : 01:52:45
quote:

Ping!

quote:

quote:

Thank you!

Anyone else have edits or suggestions?

I'm slowly working my way through reading this one, and I've been compiling a list of edits. Mostly just things like a missing word here or a dropped parenthesis there.

Okay, the file is whisking its way through the ethers right now.
ericlboyd Posted - 24 Nov 2019 : 20:27:22
Ping!

quote:

quote:

Thank you!

Anyone else have edits or suggestions?

I'm slowly working my way through reading this one, and I've been compiling a list of edits. Mostly just things like a missing word here or a dropped parenthesis there.

Gary Dallison Posted - 24 Nov 2019 : 14:39:20
Nice map as always. Once to have you back, however brief it may be.

I always feel bad if I don't get my creative fix of realms related lore every day. I've tried other hobbies, but it just isn't the same. Even other settings don't do it for me
ericlboyd Posted - 24 Nov 2019 : 10:16:13
Hey Mark,

No worries. Glad you enjoyed the mapping. The Essembra map is very pretty.

I'll shoot you an email.

--Eric

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Eric, sorry I 'ghosted' you. I was going through some stuff, and didn't want anything to do with D&D anymore.

Yesterday I re-did an old Liz Danforth map that Ken St.Andre had posted. I liked the layout of the town, and decided to redo it because its part of T&T, and I actually started with Tunnels & Trolls (so indirectly, if you guys use my maps, you can thank T&T for that, getting me started in this hobby). Anyhow, I did the entire city map in just two days, which isn't a record for me, its an IMPOSSIBILITY. I think maybe because there was zero lore attached to it, I was just able to go-in and grind it out, without too much thought. Plus, it was fairly simple. Not being FR there was no 'emotional attachment' which makes me strive for perfection.

All that being said, I am ready to map again. I didn't realize how much I missed it. It had become a part of me; a part I should have never cast off. Doing it put me in a better mood than I have been in in the past few months. Anyhow, if you want me to finally put the finishing touches on the High Forest map, I will do so. Just contact either my Email or me on FB.

I posted a 99% complete Essembra map on my DeviantArt page about a week ago, which got me started thinking about maps again, so I'll probably put the final few flourishes on that as well, before submititng it to Alaundo here. Hope some of you find some use for it.

Either way, Cheers, and thanks for your patience with me. I can be a persnickity person to work with.

Markustay Posted - 24 Nov 2019 : 04:23:07
Eric, sorry I 'ghosted' you. I was going through some stuff, and didn't want anything to do with D&D anymore.

Yesterday I re-did an old Liz Danforth map that Ken St.Andre had posted. I liked the layout of the town, and decided to redo it because its part of T&T, and I actually started with Tunnels & Trolls (so indirectly, if you guys use my maps, you can thank T&T for that, getting me started in this hobby). Anyhow, I did the entire city map in just two days, which isn't a record for me, its an IMPOSSIBILITY. I think maybe because there was zero lore attached to it, I was just able to go-in and grind it out, without too much thought. Plus, it was fairly simple. Not being FR there was no 'emotional attachment' which makes me strive for perfection.

All that being said, I am ready to map again. I didn't realize how much I missed it. It had become a part of me; a part I should have never cast off. Doing it put me in a better mood than I have been in in the past few months. Anyhow, if you want me to finally put the finishing touches on the High Forest map, I will do so. Just contact either my Email or me on FB.

I posted a 99% complete Essembra map on my DeviantArt page about a week ago, which got me started thinking about maps again, so I'll probably put the final few flourishes on that as well, before submititng it to Alaundo here. Hope some of you find some use for it.

Either way, Cheers, and thanks for your patience with me. I can be a persnickity person to work with.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000