Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Looking for info on current events in Cormyr

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cbad285 Posted - 25 Dec 2018 : 17:57:53
So as a Christmas present to a friend I told them I would start them in a single player slash political intrigue game set in cormyr. Now I have a pretty good education on events in the forest Kingdom and surrounding areas right up until about 1370, or in that range.
Now I intend on this to be specifically set in the capital. But if a nearby place is more palatable I may go there to start. In the meantime I have no idea who's ruling in the present day. What happened to half of the noble families and NPCs that I used to use which are dead now. And Beyond finding physical maps of the area, I'm pretty much in the dark about General political Direction in the region. I did read that they're seaports spread a little farther.
Anyway, so specifically if there are quick links you have handy or a specific resource I should pick any information would be great.

Mod Edit: Tweaked the subject so that this would come up on a search for "Cormyr" -- the name was truncated, before my tweak.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 13 Jan 2019 : 23:35:36
-If you're more familiar with Cormyr during that period, why not just set the game then?
Cbad285 Posted - 11 Jan 2019 : 20:46:02
Thanks folks. These are great resources. Always the helpful sages you are.
Zeromaru X Posted - 28 Dec 2018 : 17:14:46
Dragon 365 also updates Cormyr up to 1479, but that issue is from the beginning of the 4e era, while the articles Garen mentioned are more "current". However, the article I mention updates the whole of Cormyr, so it may be of interest for you.

Dragon 407 also have a lot of interesting articles about Cormyr (Purple Dragons, War Wizards, and more)

Of note, is that King Foril and Crown Prince Irvel both died during the war against Netheril and Baevorous was crowned like for two days, after which he abdicated in favor of his sister, Raedra, who is the current Queen of Cormyr (events from the novel Fire in her Veins, by Erin Evans).
Garen Thal Posted - 26 Dec 2018 : 19:56:34
If I may, I'll humbly suggest you pick up DUNGEON Magazine #198 from the DM's Guild. It updates Cormyr through 1479, including information about the then-current court (we're a good decade past that now, in "current" Realms time), as well as providing a look at Suzail by Eric Menge which I highly recommend.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000