Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New story online

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElaineCunningham Posted - 23 Nov 2018 : 14:05:05
It's not a Realms tale, but a prelute to my novel-in-progress, which is set in a fantasy version of Elizabethan England. This novel was planned with FR readers in mind, and you'll find many familir themes.

"Royal Daughters" is set in the border country of Scotland during the infancy of Mary Queen of Scots. Henry VIII of England wanted a betrothal between Mary and his young son, Edward. The Scots weren't having this, because they knew it would mean the anexation of their kingdom. In an attempt to force the issue, bands of English raiders were sent in to burn, loot and kill. In later years, the Scots, who have a real flair for ironic understatement, would call this period the "Rough Wooing."

This story also contains fey warriors and changelings, which is NOT part of the historical record. (Even though it SHOULD be....)

Here's a link to the story. It's on Patreon, but it's free to all readers. There's also a post with a bit of background of both the story and the novel.

https://www.patreon.com/ElaineCunningham

Thanks for reading!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Misereor Posted - 30 Nov 2018 : 11:54:08

I liked it too, although the fey seem a bit overpowered.

OliverWyvernspur Posted - 29 Nov 2018 : 01:16:10
I have a book that is not Canon dnd but takes place in Finder Wyvernspur's home of Fermata when it was in Arborrea (2nd ed). It is not quite a Novel but is regular sized. My next one Re Magic will be in Gates of The Moon. I will give a .pdf to anyone, so don't buy from the publisher, unless off ebay or something for dirt cheap. It is called Tempest by Scotty Wilson. The art in Tempest is not as good as the stuff in Re Magic, and since war is already won it goes at a slower pace. The Facebook for it is [l]http://www.facebook.com/TempestPage[l]
The Red Walker Posted - 27 Nov 2018 : 21:42:11
Thank you Elaine, what a delight read!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000