Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Xanathar and the Sewers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Celephais Posted - 18 Oct 2018 : 22:11:26
Does he have a section of the Waterdeep sewers that he's marked as his own or does he more or less have control over the whole thing but only inhabits or patrols certain parts when he's on high alert or something to that effect? (I really need to read more than the 5E supplements and sign up for whatever the best current source of lore articles is).
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 08 Nov 2018 : 14:37:39
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero

Fun fact: A beholder's mouth doubles as its port of exit for excrement, so it naturally smells like a sewer up close.

Adds a whole new visual to beholders "marking their territory". Also explains why they're often so cranky.
The Masked Mage Posted - 08 Nov 2018 : 02:27:04
quote:
Originally posted by josephwatts

Happy to end up here, actually I am in search of poem related forum and by accidentally visited here, but happy to be the part of this community. Your work is really good and doing better for your members and readers. Happily joined this forum. I am a passionate writer and blogger.

Welcome Joe
Storyteller Hero Posted - 08 Nov 2018 : 01:10:53
Fun fact: A beholder's mouth doubles as its port of exit for excrement, so it naturally smells like a sewer up close.

josephwatts Posted - 07 Nov 2018 : 11:04:37
Happy to end up here, actually I am in search of poem related forum and by accidentally visited here, but happy to be the part of this community. Your work is really good and doing better for your members and readers. Happily joined this forum. I am a passionate writer and blogger.
moonbeast Posted - 20 Oct 2018 : 15:55:08
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Agreed. Though I'd say that in 100 years, we may be on Xanathar 4.0 or 5.0 by now. Crime lords are rarely known for longevity. (Note: if there's anything saying the current Xanathar is 2.0 and not another who assumed the name, then I've forgotten about it or never read it)

More than that. Like, Xanathar the 100th or so. So many Xanathar's have existed after the Eye (the one from 3.x, who is the Xanathar 2.0), that the count is lost. There is an article in Dungeon 206 that updates the history of the Xanathar up to 4e, and AFAIK, the Xanathar of 4e is the same one in 5e (Zushaxx)—if we go by what is said in Volo's Guide to Monsters.

Hmmm true, but the "End of 4e" is merely a few years from the official "Start Year" of 5th Edition, right? The events of 4e ends roughly around 1486. And 5th Edition campaign events begins roughly around 1490 (give or take one year). So very little time has elapsed between when 4th Edition ends and when 5th Edition begins.

Zeromaru X Posted - 19 Oct 2018 : 17:25:56
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Agreed. Though I'd say that in 100 years, we may be on Xanathar 4.0 or 5.0 by now. Crime lords are rarely known for longevity. (Note: if there's anything saying the current Xanathar is 2.0 and not another who assumed the name, then I've forgotten about it or never read it)

More than that. Like, Xanathar the 100th or so. So many Xanathar's have existed after the Eye (the one from 3.x, who is the Xanathar 2.0), that the count is lost. There is an article in Dungeon 206 that updates the history of the Xanathar up to 4e, and AFAIK, the Xanathar of 4e is the same one in 5e (Zushaxx)—if we go by what is said in Volo's Guide to Monsters.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Oct 2018 : 02:32:57
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

No one controls them all. The lords and their agents, the crime element - Xanathar 2.0 being just 1 of them, and various monstrous entities vie for control of regions.

The Masked Mage Posted - 19 Oct 2018 : 01:44:43
The sewers of Waterdeep are very complex/ A lot of ins and out and what have yous.

No one controls them all. The lords and their agents, the crime element - Xanathar 2.0 being just 1 of them, and various monstrous entities vie for control of regions.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000