Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New Forgotten Realms Comic Series

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Areader Posted - 25 Oct 2018 : 21:06:35
IDW has a new Forgotten Realms comic book starting in February.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/25/b-dave-walters-tess-fowler-dungeons-dragons/

The artwork looks decent and the promo cover shown in the piece features some unique-looking characters.

I try to support ANY new Realms content -- I purchased those "Endless Quest" books a few months back, for instance -- so I plan on picking these up as well. The blurb sounds interesting enough and I appreciate how enthusiastic the creators sound in their quotes.

Anyone else plan on giving these a try?

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Caolin Posted - 31 Oct 2018 : 20:24:28
Not a fan of that smirking cat, whatever the hell race that is.
Areader Posted - 26 Oct 2018 : 18:09:53
Another piece on the new comic:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10/25/dungeons-and-dragons-a-darkened-wish-idw-comic/

Relevant bit:

quote:
The new series is set within the popular Forgotten Realms campaign setting familiar to most fans who have played through one of the game's more recent adventures, and contains some Easter eggs and nods towards fans of that realm. The new series also touches upon some iconic moments in Faerūn history, but isn't specifically tied to any other D&D comic or plotline.

TBeholder Posted - 26 Oct 2018 : 08:40:39
"B. Dave Walters and Tess Fowler Launch a Dungeons & Dragons Campaign at IDW in February". See? it's not Realms content, it's a "Dungeons & Dragons Campaign"...

At a glance on Tess Fowler twitter:
- California.
- retweet of "punch the TERF!!1" and #MeToo.

At a glance on B. Dave Walters twitter:
- pinned tweet: "...toxicity and gatekeeping..." with pokes to 3 profiles, all of which have Personal Pronouns in the profile.
For those outside the tank, but nevertheless in a helmet, buzzword "gatekeeping" in this context can only have the same meaning as in the infamous tweet from Mike Mearls about how evil elitists evilly oppose dumbing down D&D (from SOO DEEFICULT 3.x), necessary to make it more accessible to girls? Yup.
- retweet of Mark Hamill's feeble self-promotion (Disney Star Wars).

Both:
- preview "cover". High-detail image: scowling guRRRl with :C< face and purple hair (alas, no Problem Glasses) in the front seat, next to her is a smurf from Avatar. Low-detail image: But Not Too Brown twins with chicken comb hairdo on the left, lizard-creature with cheesy grin on the right.

It looks like:
1. Something on the level of Disney Star Wars is going to be dumped on the Realms.
2. After our old acquaintance Winterfox will turn out to be the only active fan not brought in by the authors, things are going to... get a bit hectic. For predictions from the previous experience just search for "The Phases Of A Geeker Gate".

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000