Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Waterdeep and the Feywild

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fendrikor Posted - 11 Oct 2018 : 14:25:06
Hello fellow sages.

Is there any information on what exists in the feywild paralell to Waterdeep?

I have trawled my sources and found little.

At this stage i am considering having an echo of the original elvish city of Aelinthalladar, thus, an Eladrin port city at war with the Fomorians and redcaps dwelling in the twisting labyrinthine feydark tunnels beneath 'Mount Waterdeep's echo.

Another idea is to have a large crystal palace on the mountain side home to some sort of Seelie duke or duchess.

Help me dream this up if there is no lore for it, but id love to explore waterdeep's parallel existence.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fineva Posted - 11 Oct 2018 : 22:05:17
The miniatures line "Waterdeep Dragon Heist" has some clues. I especially like the Annis Hag and Darklings among the figurines.
TomCosta Posted - 11 Oct 2018 : 16:35:22
That's cool.
sleyvas Posted - 11 Oct 2018 : 15:54:45
As far as I know, which isn't saying much since they did a lot of feywild lore during 4e that I haven't read, but there is no parallel ever documented.

I like your concept, and the fomorian menace was the first thing I pictured given the underdark beneath Waterdeep. I would personally recommend against every large city in the realms having a parallel large city in the Feywild. However, in the case of Waterdeep, I would recommend there being something there, but smaller. It might be interesting to have the city as a fortress and other structures up on the mountain with flying mounts (lots of asperii and/or pegasi), and instead of regular elves, having snow elves, frost sprites, and eladrin favoring winter.

It might also be interesting if there were a relatively close by Unseelie group of fey that use winter wolves as mounts. Since winter wolves are size large, they could have size medium creatures riding them. Thinking that elder darklings or hobgoblins or gnolls/flinds riding the winter wolves would make sense, and have all these beings in the upper portion of the feydark or the surrounding forests. This group might also have hags and red caps amongst them as well.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000