Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ardeep River Size

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
st4lk3r87 Posted - 10 Aug 2018 : 22:38:49
Hello! This is my first question in the forum hope to be the right place where to post this :)

I'm very bad at cartography and mapping in general.
I didn't find anything useful about the size of the Ardeep River.

The exact question is: How long could be the bridge crossing the Ardeep River. This bridge should be located on the Trade Way ( between Daggerford and Waterdeep ).
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 10 Oct 2018 : 18:26:50
Acolyte st4lk3r87,

You're quite welcome!

Tymora's Blessing upon thee,

quote:
Originally posted by st4lk3r87

Wow! Thank you very much!

st4lk3r87 Posted - 10 Oct 2018 : 18:17:07
Wow! Thank you very much!
cpthero2 Posted - 08 Oct 2018 : 15:09:01
Acolyte st4lk3r87,

I looked through Snowblood's Ardeep work, and it appears that your best notion of the bridge at that point would be taking from what the Dwarves built around -5000 DR, spanning the Dessarin River. That was built to include expansion of the river during a maximum event flood during spring thaw. The Stone Bridge as it is called, was some 400' long spanning the river, banks, and into the road a bit. It was 100' high at its apex, with a steep arc apparently. I would expect something similar as well at the Ardeep River area. You can tell there is a vast amount of water that goes through that area due to the fact that there is a small delta, branched into the Ardeep River (the northern branch), the Selpir (the center branch), and the Ardeep South (the south branch). Though the Ardeep is clearly not as vast as the Dessarin, I would imagine it still gets a vast amount of water and would likely require something proportionately scaled down to perhaps 275' long and 65' high, for the same purposes of the Stone Bridge.

Here is a decent map of the area.
http://charonsg.tripod.com/waterdeep/environs_of_waterdeep-new.jpg

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by st4lk3r87

Hello! This is my first question in the forum hope to be the right place where to post this :)

I'm very bad at cartography and mapping in general.
I didn't find anything useful about the size of the Ardeep River.

The exact question is: How long could be the bridge crossing the Ardeep River. This bridge should be located on the Trade Way ( between Daggerford and Waterdeep ).

st4lk3r87 Posted - 11 Aug 2018 : 15:50:03
Thank you for the answer!
I just read the Storm King's Thunder campaign. There's a small village south of Ardeep Forest, named Nighstone. The village is build on it and uses the river as a moat. There's a map of this village and the river is 40/45' large.
The Masked Mage Posted - 11 Aug 2018 : 02:50:51
I don't think there has ever been a map that zooms in far enough to judge the width. Its certainly smaller than Zundbridge a little further along by the Rat Hills. I would say it is not a major bridge. Probably only wide enough for 2 or 3 wagons. If I were going to make a guess I'd say its a moderately deep river (it is fed by its own headwaters as well as the South Ardeep) and runs into a large river delta. This means it needs to carry enough sediment that it doesn't just all wash out into the sea. I'd guess 60' to 150' + across. It would also most likely not be a fast flowing river.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000