Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Dwarven Organization: Telormar Gultor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scuda Posted - 10 Jul 2018 : 02:49:05
Hello,
Does anyone have further links and descriptions to the following:

"Telormar Gultor: The dwarf children born of the Thunder Blessing are no more likely to be valorous than any other dwarves, but thunder children who do live valorous lives (and particularly those who are twins) see each other as special kin sharing a bond like that of an extended clan. These valorous thunder children, called Telormar Gultor ("good-forged souls" in Dwarven), are quick to step up in time of need, especially when other dwarves arc involved and always when another of their creed needs help. They watch over each other, trade news on others in the "family," and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty when the battle horns sound. A person who harms or kills one of the Telormar Gultor has made many enemies with a single act."

If not, who should I ask? Ed Greenwood?
Cheers.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 08 Oct 2018 : 16:31:46
Seeker scuda,

I believe the novel The Gilded Rune discussed the Thunder Blessing, and may have covered the Telormar Gultor there. Not 100% though.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by scuda

Hello,
Does anyone have further links and descriptions to the following:

"Telormar Gultor: The dwarf children born of the Thunder Blessing are no more likely to be valorous than any other dwarves, but thunder children who do live valorous lives (and particularly those who are twins) see each other as special kin sharing a bond like that of an extended clan. These valorous thunder children, called Telormar Gultor ("good-forged souls" in Dwarven), are quick to step up in time of need, especially when other dwarves arc involved and always when another of their creed needs help. They watch over each other, trade news on others in the "family," and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty when the battle horns sound. A person who harms or kills one of the Telormar Gultor has made many enemies with a single act."

If not, who should I ask? Ed Greenwood?
Cheers.

scuda Posted - 10 Jul 2018 : 17:44:22
I had forgotten that I too had seen this published in Champions of Valor.

Well, I guess one can see it as a small pocket of unexplored Forgotten Realms storybuilding!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Jul 2018 : 10:47:49
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

IDK, Champions of Valor ToC has "Minor Organizations" in Chapter 3.
Reasonable assumptions are that
1. it's a bunch of 1-2 paragraph entries, and
2. realmshelps list is based on this, though may also include some other expansions.
Anyone got that book on hands?

Good call. The list comes from that book, and at least for this group, contains that same info.

I am surprised that nothing came up on the Google, but that indicates to me that aside from that one blurb, nothing has been officially written about or done with this group.
TBeholder Posted - 10 Jul 2018 : 10:33:40
IDK, Champions of Valor ToC has "Minor Organizations" in Chapter 3.
Reasonable assumptions are that
1. it's a bunch of 1-2 paragraph entries, and
2. realmshelps list is based on this, though may also include some other expansions.
Anyone got that book on hands?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Jul 2018 : 10:12:08
It's got a lot of canon material, but the lack of any other references coming up on a Google search makes me think this is not canon.
scuda Posted - 10 Jul 2018 : 05:40:42
I pilfered the quote from that page as well...but I never considered Realmshelps as a fan-created site without pretty decent source behind the material there (at least 99% Canon).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Jul 2018 : 04:31:40
There doesn't seem to be much mention beyond the page linked below... A Google search didn't turn up any other sources, and the page itself didn't reference any sources, so I'm thinking it's a fan-created thing.

http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/organizations/minorvalor.shtml

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000