Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Lantan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Belfar Posted - 22 Sep 2018 : 09:12:39
Is there a good source for information about Lantan? I'm planning on having the PCs visit there briefly, but I can't really find any detailed information about it.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Belfar Posted - 23 Sep 2018 : 09:27:46
Thanks a lot guys! Looks like that's about all there is concerning Lantan unless Ed has some personal notes hidden away somewhere. I did find an interesting tidbit about clockwork animals and dolls form Lantan in Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. Did you know that clockwork fighting dolls that were made in Lantan staged a mutiny in Baldur's Gate once?
The Masked Mage Posted - 23 Sep 2018 : 08:11:50
Lantan is also mentioned a bunch in Faith and Avatars, as worshipers of Gond
muir Posted - 23 Sep 2018 : 06:33:05
I found the Perilous Gateways on Lantan provided some good insight into aspects of the island.

Here, for the moment: http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=fr/pg20011010x
Belfar Posted - 23 Sep 2018 : 04:43:35
Thanks a lot! I'll give those source a look. It's surprising how little has been written about Lantan considering how it's supposed to be the most technologically advanced place in Faerun.
The Masked Mage Posted - 23 Sep 2018 : 00:37:08
Lantan merchants (rogues) appear in Wizards and Rogues of the Realms and their warriors have an entry in Warriors and Priests of the Realms
TomCosta Posted - 23 Sep 2018 : 00:03:01
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Lantan has a list of sources, but none are expansive. Races of Faerun (3E) has some info on the Lantanna people. You could also look up info on Gond in Faiths and Avatars (2E), Grand History of the Realms

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000