Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Moonshae Isles Regional Guide

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Galadhion Posted - 28 Aug 2018 : 22:49:10
Hi everyone!

Shawn, Robert, and I put together a regional guide for the Moonshaes for use with a series of Adventurers League adventures we're writing that are set there! The guide is 99% edition neutral and updates the Moonshaes to the "current year". I'm thinking Year of the Purple Dragon (DR 1493).

It's not exactly canon, but it's the next best thing! I talked to a lot of the scribes about some of the updates we were making to the Moonshaes, and we even got Doug Niles to look it over and write the foreword!

Also, we got some sweet art done. Not just the fancy cover, but on the interior too! If you enjoyed FR2 Moonshaes, we did this in a very similar style.

You can find it on the DM's Guild at the link below. We may be able to do it PoD if we get enough interest.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/248303/Moonshae-Isles-Regional-Guide
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BenN Posted - 05 Sep 2018 : 00:44:43
Bought it a couple of days ago. Only had time for a quick skim through, but it looks very nice! Lots of good info, and attractively & professionally put together.

I'll post more after I've had a chance for a full read-through.
Galadhion Posted - 04 Sep 2018 : 14:02:48
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

There was a 4E article on the Moonshaes in Dungeon 196 is the best source. There is also some info in the 4E Setting, 4E Player's Guide, and Brian posted some updated timeline stuff, but I believe all, or nearly all, of that is captured in the Dungeon article.

That's a good list! Shawn's Dungeon article in particular was our foundational document (Shawn was our lead writer.) Brian James also did the article "Realmslore: Sarifal" for Dragon 376 which was chock full of goodness, and Matt James wrote an article "Heroes of the Moonshae Isles" in Dragon 405.
Galadhion Posted - 04 Sep 2018 : 13:31:06
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos
I would love to known how to do this stuff. I am so computer illiterate sometimes, it's painful.

-- George Krashos

I use a scanner and Adobe creative suite to put this together. I scan the back cover, open the file in Photoshop and then sample the color using the eyedropper tool. That gives me the CMYK color value, which I can then use to make anything that color.

If you don't have PS, let me know Krash, and I'll pull that info for you.
Galadhion Posted - 04 Sep 2018 : 13:28:18
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

Did you do anything with Flamsterd or the Cult of the Black Hand?

Yes to both!

Flamsterd is still alive and well in his undersea retreat. He is still influencing the isles through his few remaining loyal apprentices who have created the Initiates of Flames, a new organization that characters can join. The Initiates seek to reverse the suspicion of magic that many Moonshavians have through assisting people in need and promoting the rule of law.

The Cult of the Black Hand is one of the antagonistic powers on the island. They're small, but highly organized and very dangerous. You may see more of them in the Moonshae regional adventures.
Galadhion Posted - 04 Sep 2018 : 13:24:09
We're hoping to make this happen! I'll keep you posted.

quote:
Originally posted by John Daker

This book looks great! I would love a PoD please and thank you!

TomCosta Posted - 02 Sep 2018 : 00:59:01
The guide on DM's Guild updates things a little further and obviously expands on the Dungeon article a fair bit.
TomCosta Posted - 02 Sep 2018 : 00:58:22
There was a 4E article on the Moonshaes in Dungeon 196 is the best source. There is also some info in the 4E Setting, 4E Player's Guide, and Brian posted some updated timeline stuff, but I believe all, or nearly all, of that is captured in the Dungeon article.
George Krashos Posted - 30 Aug 2018 : 10:46:31
quote:

I would love to known how to do this stuff. I am so computer illiterate sometimes, it's painful.

-- George Krashos

Do you have Microsoft Word Krash? I can send you a word copy of one of my files that you could use as a template no problem

I absolutely do. Would love to have something like that to spiffy up my DMs Guild stuff. E-mail addy is krashos@optusnet.com.au

Thanks a bunch!

-- George Krashos
The Masked Mage Posted - 30 Aug 2018 : 07:49:17
Can you guys point me to the most recent canon material about this region(since 3rd ed)? Just to catch up on published lore before looking into this one.
The Masked Mage Posted - 30 Aug 2018 : 05:51:58
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Galadhion

Fun note. I scanned the back cover of FR2, sampled the purple color, and used that as the color for the headers in the guide. Cause I'm a nerd like that.

Years ago I scanned in the header and footer boarders from Ruins of Myth Drannor and have been using them ever since... except underdark writings which get Menzo's spiderweb version. The color I use for titles and headings comes straight from The Seven Sisters.

Guess I'm also a nerd like that.

-- George Krashos

Do you have Microsoft Word Krash? I can send you a word copy of one of my files that you could use as a template no problem
Irennan Posted - 30 Aug 2018 : 05:11:05
Bought it and read it a week ago. Concise and well written, it was an enjoyable read.
Brimstone Posted - 30 Aug 2018 : 02:56:53
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I downloaded this a month ago and plugged it then.

I acquired a copy when Wooly plugged it.
George Krashos Posted - 30 Aug 2018 : 01:57:35
quote:

quote:

Fun note. I scanned the back cover of FR2, sampled the purple color, and used that as the color for the headers in the guide. Cause I'm a nerd like that.

Years ago I scanned in the header and footer boarders from Ruins of Myth Drannor and have been using them ever since... except underdark writings which get Menzo's spiderweb version. The color I use for titles and headings comes straight from The Seven Sisters.

-- George Krashos
The Masked Mage Posted - 30 Aug 2018 : 00:28:57
Did you do anything with Flamsterd or the Cult of the Black Hand?
The Masked Mage Posted - 30 Aug 2018 : 00:28:09
quote:

John Daker Posted - 29 Aug 2018 : 22:12:13
This book looks great! I would love a PoD please and thank you!
Galadhion Posted - 29 Aug 2018 : 14:36:54
George Krashos Posted - 29 Aug 2018 : 10:52:21
And it's lovely!

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Aug 2018 : 03:31:05
I downloaded this a month ago and plugged it then. Now, to find the time to read it...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000