Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hey all... I aint dead yet...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 05 Aug 2018 : 03:53:37
Life got busy for me, so my time here slipped away. Especially since I'm so lost on how the setting changed, being I've never kept up with the material during 4e and now into 5e.

Anyhow, decided to drop in and say heya cause I see GenCon is happening. Some of you can still find me over on Facebook or Twitter, so at least we keep up with each other.

How is everyone else doing? Things have to have changed for many of you, since the last time I posted was a year and half ago.

Um. I see my old accounts for Aim, Yahoo, and Messenger are active but those services are long gone now. So, if anyone wants to chat, come follow me on Facebook or Twitter.

FB's: Kuje589.
Twitter: @Greylupine71017

The Twitter account for Candlekeep is dead by the way, although there is one over there. :) Maybe we need to revive it somehow?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alaundo Posted - 26 Jan 2020 : 22:05:22
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Quick Question? Can the Candlekeep Compendium make a come back? Maybe a version on DM's Guild?

Well met

I have thought about it often and maybe there is a chance. Whilst the audience of forums isn't what it was back in the day, with platforms and technologies changing, there do appear many dedicated scribes still frequenting Candlekeep to potentially make this work.
Kuje Posted - 25 Jan 2020 : 05:31:50
Cool, cool. I do like 2e Pathfinder. :)

I'm not sure how often I'll lurk over here. Life gets busy, so there's times when I'll wander off again. Grins.

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia
Hi Kuje! I just came back myself. I can't give up on the Realms, so I'm running it in Pathfinder 2e.

Arivia Posted - 25 Jan 2020 : 04:23:31
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I have no idea. It would be something Alaundo would have to figure out. :) I haven't looked at any D&D sourcebooks or novels since 3rd edition. My gaming influence is all Pathfinder now. :) Although, I still follow Ed, Steven, and others on Facebook or Twitter. :)

quote:

Quick Question? Can the Candlekeep Compendium make a come back? Maybe a version on DM's Guild?

Hi Kuje! I just came back myself. I can't give up on the Realms, so I'm running it in Pathfinder 2e.
Kuje Posted - 25 Jan 2020 : 03:58:17
I have no idea. It would be something Alaundo would have to figure out. :) I haven't looked at any D&D sourcebooks or novels since 3rd edition. My gaming influence is all Pathfinder now. :) Although, I still follow Ed, Steven, and others on Facebook or Twitter. :)

quote:

Brimstone Posted - 25 Jan 2020 : 03:24:23
Kuje Posted - 25 Jan 2020 : 03:02:08
Sneaks in. I was talking to someone on Twitter about how many people wrote fanfic when the net was still growing. I realized the Compendium is thirteen to fifteen years old after looking at the dates when we wrote them. I feel old now.

Anyhow, I'm still online. However, most of my time is spent working on stories for my part time self-published books. Yes, I'm still writing, but they're my stories now. :)
Kuje Posted - 10 Aug 2018 : 05:41:46
Hey, hey. :) True, age does make us wiser... hopefully. Laughs.

quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

Hi Kuje

Great to see an old face here again :)

As we get older we become more wise and have fewer questions...

Take care :)

Kuje Posted - 10 Aug 2018 : 05:41:11
You're so right, the old material has plenty left to build on. See, I suppose I might be more disappointed if I knew what current material was like. Since I don't know much about 4e or 5e FR material, I guess I don't feel like I'm missing anything any longer. :)

quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Well its still al invalidated, but now for added measure you have a campaign world 100 years in the future with very little current lore, and to fill in the gaps they say to just use the old lore.

With logic like that they might as well have undone the 100 year timejump as well.

1356-1370 DR is still just as awesome as ever though so I'm sticking there. Them old books have plenty of mileage left in them.

Victor_ograygor Posted - 09 Aug 2018 : 16:48:43
Hi Kuje

Great to see an old face here again :)

As we get older we become more wise and have fewer questions...

Take care :)
Gary Dallison Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 20:08:17
Well its still al invalidated, but now for added measure you have a campaign world 100 years in the future with very little current lore, and to fill in the gaps they say to just use the old lore.

With logic like that they might as well have undone the 100 year timejump as well.

1356-1370 DR is still just as awesome as ever though so I'm sticking there. Them old books have plenty of mileage left in them.
Kuje Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 19:23:07
Heya. :)

I do sign on and lurk from time to time, but most of the time now I don't have much to say either.

quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

Very nice to see you posting here Kuje. I do not post nearly as much as I like but I do read through most the threads. I miss having time to just delve into FR and nothing but FR. Hope to see you more often.

Kuje Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 19:22:25
See, it was the time jump which caused me to decide not to buy the 4e material. 100 years was way to much for me since my feeling was it caused the old lore and the changes I made to the setting through my campaigns to become invalidated.

quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Unfortunately the one thing they didn't into with 5e was the horrible timejump.

The Twitter account could be used to announce activity on prominent threads yo get people's interest.

Gelcur Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 04:41:03
Very nice to see you posting here Kuje. I do not post nearly as much as I like but I do read through most the threads. I miss having time to just delve into FR and nothing but FR. Hope to see you more often.
Gary Dallison Posted - 06 Aug 2018 : 16:14:47
Unfortunately the one thing they didn't into with 5e was the horrible timejump.

The Twitter account could be used to announce activity on prominent threads yo get people's interest.
Kuje Posted - 06 Aug 2018 : 15:53:05
I'm doing okay, so I can't complain. :)

Indeed. I followed the Twitter handle a while back, and saw how it was used to announce updates. Guess I was thinking with the way things have changed on the net, having more activity on Twitter could be a way to show people Candlekeep is still around. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met, Kuje

A long time, indeed from one of the original scribes of old. Hope thou art doing well and welcome back to these halls of lore.

The Candlekeep Twitter account is still used, albeit just for announcing site updates...which are quite rare these days, sadly.

Alaundo Posted - 06 Aug 2018 : 08:26:45
Well met, Kuje

A long time, indeed from one of the original scribes of old. Hope thou art doing well and welcome back to these halls of lore.

The Candlekeep Twitter account is still used, albeit just for announcing site updates...which are quite rare these days, sadly.
Kuje Posted - 05 Aug 2018 : 05:46:10
Ah. Hmmm. Well... Okay. Good to know. Ah well.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Not really... They've been doing the Adventure Path thing, this time. The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide is the closest thing we've got to a setting book, though some of the other books have some setting lore, as well.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Aug 2018 : 05:34:42
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Grins. Interesting, they reversed so much of what they changed. Hmm. Maybe I should pick up a new campaign setting book for FR... Is there one? I'm so clueless now on sourcebooks for FR.

Not really... They've been doing the Adventure Path thing, this time. The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide is the closest thing we've got to a setting book, though some of the other books have some setting lore, as well.
Kuje Posted - 05 Aug 2018 : 05:08:49
Grins. Interesting, they reversed so much of what they changed. Hmm. Maybe I should pick up a new campaign setting book for FR... Is there one? I'm so clueless now on sourcebooks for FR.

I do have a friend who plays 5e, and he says it's a much better ruleset compared to 4e. At least, his groups and him like it better. We've talked about it in person a few times. I wish I had more time to play or DM. Ah well.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Welcome back, Kuje!

Short version of 4E setting changes: Boom. Boom. BOOM!

Short version of 5E setting changes: If it happened in 4E, it was reversed.

(As for the rules, I've not played 5E myself, but I've heard mostly good things about it. Some complaints, to be sure, but nothing approaching the complaints I saw about the 4E ruleset. 5E seems to have been pretty well-received.)

Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Aug 2018 : 04:55:58
Welcome back, Kuje!

Short version of 4E setting changes: Boom. Boom. BOOM!

Short version of 5E setting changes: If it happened in 4E, it was reversed.

(As for the rules, I've not played 5E myself, but I've heard mostly good things about it. Some complaints, to be sure, but nothing approaching the complaints I saw about the 4E ruleset. 5E seems to have been pretty well-received.)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000