Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Looking for Chris Boor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gambit_10 Posted - 06 Aug 2018 : 04:25:13
Hello there,

I'm looking for Chris Boor, author of the heartlands weather tables.

Could you please help me with that?

Tks in advance
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gambit_10 Posted - 09 Aug 2018 : 22:56:22
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

Thank you. I took a quick glance at it and it is very interesting. Perhaps that will help with the weather tool I am thinking about writing. It would be more of regional view of weather patterns. Things like the reason The Stormhorns are stormy is because it is a convergence zone where the upper level winds that were split by The Sunset Mountains come back together (real world example is https://www.weather.gov/zse/ZSEPSCZ ). There could also be moisture brought up from The Dragonmere that would lead to more intense storms. Of course, there would be areas like Anauroch that have a completely artificial weather. Not to mention if Talos gets in a snit.

This is nicely inspiring.

TheIriaeban Posted - 07 Aug 2018 : 18:30:36
Thank you. I took a quick glance at it and it is very interesting. Perhaps that will help with the weather tool I am thinking about writing. It would be more of regional view of weather patterns. Things like the reason The Stormhorns are stormy is because it is a convergence zone where the upper level winds that were split by The Sunset Mountains come back together (real world example is https://www.weather.gov/zse/ZSEPSCZ ). There could also be moisture brought up from The Dragonmere that would lead to more intense storms. Of course, there would be areas like Anauroch that have a completely artificial weather. Not to mention if Talos gets in a snit.

This is nicely inspiring.
Gambit_10 Posted - 07 Aug 2018 : 04:51:46
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

I didn't know there was such a thing. I was thinking about writing a partially random weather generator based mostly on the tables in the Wilderness Survival Guide. Were the tables mentioned part of a book or is it something that was created on the web?

Here we go => http://www.candlekeep.com/downloads/heartlandsweather.zip

TheIriaeban Posted - 06 Aug 2018 : 19:21:04
I didn't know there was such a thing. I was thinking about writing a partially random weather generator based mostly on the tables in the Wilderness Survival Guide. Were the tables mentioned part of a book or is it something that was created on the web?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000