Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 When was Savras freed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 04 Jul 2005 : 06:42:08
When was Savras freed from the staff? It was apparently sometime between the ToT and 1372.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheIriaeban Posted - 09 Aug 2018 : 02:01:36
Ok, Azuth does not have an entry in P&P. There is one for Savras but doesn't give any dates. The intro to the book does mention 1370 DR. So, I would say, he is out by 1370 DR. Also, knowing that Azuth would be too busy to deal with Savras if he was babysitting a new Magister, I checked in Secrets of the Magister. Talatha became the new Magister in 1370. Now, the previous one had "gone missing" right around the end of the ToT. So, if Azuth knew there was going to need to be a new Magister and he was busy dealing with the aftermath of the ToT, I would think he would want to have a top notch diviner out there looking for candidates to be the next Magister. So, I would give it about 5 years after the ToT or about 1363 when Azuth let Savras out. That would give him 7 years to get used to trusting him and to trust his list of candidates to be the new Magister.

How's that?
The Arcanamach Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 22:10:58
I'm on vacation and away from my books but the reference might be under Azuth's entry in F&A instead of P&P. Also, there is some information under Sylune's entry in the Seven Sisters (though I doubt that's where this specific information is located). I do recall that entry being canon so it's in an official tome somewhere. Perhaps under the description of the staff itself in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical or some other book?
Markustay Posted - 15 Oct 2017 : 06:17:40
Its in the FRwiki, and they provide a reference which leads to P&P, but when I read the entry for Savras therein, I don't see it (so thats an erroneous reference).

HOWEVER, I do recall something about the lake itself from somewhere, and I think I may have even asked Ed (there are two lakes i think it might be) awhile back.
sleyvas Posted - 14 Oct 2017 : 21:23:16
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I'm going to re-purpose this thread, rather than start a new one. I am working on (yet another) timeline, and I am having trouble placing Azuth and Savras within it. The two seem to be contemporaries, but Azuth could not have risen to (divine) power before the fall of Netheril, and yet the lore says that Savras was a 'long-ago god of Halruaa'. And as we all know, Halruaa is a Netherse survivor-state. So whats the deal here?

Also, while trying to figure all this out, I came across something in the Wiki that says, "This led to a protracted series of battles between Azuth and Savras, culminating in a duel that shattered a mountain and created a deep lake." Where is that from? What lake (and mountain)? I dimly recall it as canon, but its not in the entry for Savras (unless I somehow missed it) in Powers & Pantheons, which is the linked footnote/reference in the FRwiki.

I'm thinking that whoever did the original northern timeline should have pushed the Fall of Nethril MUCH further back in time - too many things are screwed up by where it is (and the Dawn Cataclysm seems to be some sort of weird, temporal fix - created in hindsight - for all that). we also have the slight problem of Sylūne using the staff, and then giving it to Azuth who then frees savras, AFTER the ToT. I suppose we could just say it took Azuth awhile to free him, but thats a little weird. I think this is one of those cases where they tried to mesh the lore from Ed's home games to the published Realms, and his home game never had the ToT.

IMG, I have it where Savras was actually from the Utter East originally, and then became known in Halruaa because of the proximity. Its the '3rd eye' thing - that region is the only place where that is fairly common.

Where's the part about mountain shattering and deep lake creation from? Almost sounds like "hey, I shattered an enclave and it crashed to punch a hole and make a lake. That being said though... it would make more sense if it were the city of Tashluta. Its on an old volcano whose caldera (interior) has been turned into a lake. Given that Savras' worship was strong on the Chultan peninsula and in Tashalar in particular, I would maybe fit.
Markustay Posted - 14 Oct 2017 : 18:31:35
I'm going to re-purpose this thread, rather than start a new one. I am working on (yet another) timeline, and I am having trouble placing Azuth and Savras within it. The two seem to be contemporaries, but Azuth could not have risen to (divine) power before the fall of Netheril, and yet the lore says that Savras was a 'long-ago god of Halruaa'. And as we all know, Halruaa is a Netherse survivor-state. So whats the deal here?

Also, while trying to figure all this out, I came across something in the Wiki that says, "This led to a protracted series of battles between Azuth and Savras, culminating in a duel that shattered a mountain and created a deep lake." Where is that from? What lake (and mountain)? I dimly recall it as canon, but its not in the entry for Savras (unless I somehow missed it) in Powers & Pantheons, which is the linked footnote/reference in the FRwiki.

I'm thinking that whoever did the original northern timeline should have pushed the Fall of Nethril MUCH further back in time - too many things are screwed up by where it is (and the Dawn Cataclysm seems to be some sort of weird, temporal fix - created in hindsight - for all that). we also have the slight problem of Sylūne using the staff, and then giving it to Azuth who then frees savras, AFTER the ToT. I suppose we could just say it took Azuth awhile to free him, but thats a little weird. I think this is one of those cases where they tried to mesh the lore from Ed's home games to the published Realms, and his home game never had the ToT.

IMG, I have it where Savras was actually from the Utter East originally, and then became known in Halruaa because of the proximity. Its the '3rd eye' thing - that region is the only place where that is fairly common.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 04 Jul 2005 : 10:44:00
As I thought. Thank you, Sage.
The Sage Posted - 04 Jul 2005 : 09:15:41
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

When was Savras freed from the staff? It was apparently sometime between the ToT and 1372.

I don't believe the year of Savras's release from the Scepter has ever been specified. Certainly, the most appropriate tomes on the subject -- Powers and Pantheons and Faiths and Pantheons -- indicate that Savras was freed *following* the Time of Troubles. However, just how far beyond the ToT this event occured remains a mystery.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000