Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 WizKids Beholder Trophy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gelcur Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 05:15:17
This thing is huge, it is expensive and... I could not resist it.

I had a large amount of Amazon gift cards so it knocked the price down about $150. I haven't hung it yet but each time I open the door to my office it spooks me and I have to roll initiative.

It isn't perfect but the details are excellent down to the drool coming down the teeth and I still find it difficult to wrap my head around just how big it is.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 12:39:50
Hmmm, this made me wonder something... we have large beholders... we have medium spectators as beholder kin... we have eyeballs as tiny beholder kin

Do we have any size small beholder kin? I mean, eyeballs are cute and all, but they're very squishy. I can just picture a bigger beholder sending a small pack of beholders the size of this from wizkids to maul adventurers. These smaller beholders might have a bunch of eyes that all release the same effect (maybe an effect like scorching ray), but with a "recharge" time per eye that might take several rounds. Meanwhile, their vicious maw may be their main form of attack. These things could hide pretty effectively compared to regular beholders and then swarm adventurers. Maybe give a maximum height limitation to their levitation ability (say 20 feet).

Hmmm, and maybe some other basic eye powers to somewhat mimic bigger beholders. For instance, instead of telekinesis... they can use the much less powerful mage hand. instead of a charm ray, maybe they can cast the friends cantrip. For that matter, maybe instead of scorching ray they have eyes with firebolt, ray of frost, acid splash, and/or poison spray (maybe 2 such eye abilities, varying between each of these beholders, such that you never know offhand what each may have). Also, possibly all of these small beholders can use their eyes to cast the message cantrip up to twice per round, thus creating something like a limited form of "telepathy" for coordinating themselves (it would also make it interesting to see them whispering and looking at each other with their eyes).
moonbeast Posted - 08 Aug 2018 : 12:19:14
They're huge. They're expensive. They recommend "professional installation" on your home's wall (or ceiling). LOLOLOL

As in hiring a skilled handyman (or carpenter) to use a power drill to make the right holes and clamps need to keep the thing in place. They are quite heavy items, it seems.

I myself, have the Mind Flayer (trophy) on my Amazon Wish List for months. But first I'm waiting to win the Lottery.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000