Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Religion in the Realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scottbbean Posted - 28 Jun 2018 : 17:10:37
Hi, everyone, well met! I hope you are all doing quite well.

Alex Clippinger, Micah Watt, and I recently published the first book in a series for fifth edition D&D called "Faiths of the Forgotten Realms." The book is published on the Dungeon Masters Guild. It's a massive supplement (200 pages) designed to promote immersive roleplay and provide many character options, new magic items, artifacts, and more. The book is available in PDF and two hardback print options (standard and premium color).

If you have picked up this book, we would love to receive your feedback. The first installment in the series covers the 48 deities listed in ScAG for the Faerunian Pantheon, and we added Corellon and Moradin. We are working on books for the other pantheons as well. You can learn more about it here: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/243212/Faiths-of-the-Forgotten-Realms

Wishing you all a great day!
Scott
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 04 Oct 2018 : 12:35:17
This sounds like something I can use in my table. I'm going to check it out.
200 pages, eh! Sweeeeet
farinal Posted - 30 Sep 2018 : 12:33:14
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by farinal

Art and page layout quality seems superb. How do you manage to prepare these documents just the same as official books? I have some material I want to publish on DMG but I am trying to learn how to prepare such good looking and laid out books!

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com

-- George Krashos

That is amazing, thanks!
scottbbean Posted - 29 Sep 2018 : 18:16:00
quote:

Have just downloaded it and not had a chance to look at it in any detail but you need to fix an FR error that has been around for way too long. You have provided the Calendar of Harptos on p.5 of your product.

In relation to the months of Alturiak, Ches and Tarsahk, they are respectively "the Claw of Winter" (or "the Claws of the Cold"), "of the Sunsets", and "of the Storms". Ches and Tarsahk are not and have never been "the Claw of Sunsets" and "the Claw of Storms".

Of course, the rot started with the original publishing of the FR calendar in Ed"s "The Merry Month of ... Mirtul?" article in Dragon #47 when the editorial staff stuffed it up. That was fixed in the 1E FR Campaign Setting boxed set (the "Ol' Grey Box") and then remained correct in the2E FR Campaign Setting boxed set.

But then inexplicably, the error re-appeared in the 3E FR Campaign Setting hardcover. The 4E FR Campaign Setting book didn't even bother to provide the names of the month.

So, please fix your product release to reflect the correct version. Cheers.

-- George Krashos

Hi George,

Thank you for your interest, and for your feedback, bringing this to our attention! Unfortunately, an update may likely take awhile. We'll have to compile all the incoming feedback enough to warrant a revision and going through the POD submission process again. Also, the DMs Guild's POD program is in pilot with a huge backlog from what I understand. They'll probably have to compile an even larger amount of feedback and decide how to proceed with the program.

Scott Bean
scottbbean Posted - 29 Sep 2018 : 17:51:25
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Tks Scott

Is there any chance we could see a side by side of the 2 versions?

Hi, Dargoth

Thanks for your interest! I'll have to clean out my smartphone camera storage, and snap a picture of each hardcover version, then upload the photos to a file hosting site. I'll post links when the files are hosted if that is possible in this forum. I'm fairly new here. It's been a really hectic few months with family health crises, so I can't promise to have this resolved quickly.

Scott

Scott
scottbbean Posted - 29 Sep 2018 : 17:45:56
quote:

Art and page layout quality seems superb. How do you manage to prepare these documents just the same as official books? I have some material I want to publish on DMG but I am trying to learn how to prepare such good looking and laid out books!

Hi Farinal,

Thank you for the compliment! This was actually my first layout for a print book. I've been learning InDesign for about six months. I bought a tutorial on the Udemy website. I have also learned how to use styles for layout through my collaborations with other DMs Guild authors over the past year and a half. I would like to say it was easy, but the book itself was a massive multi-author effort that took a year to complete.

Scott
moonbeast Posted - 29 Sep 2018 : 15:55:26
You can certainly make up your own "house rules" in 5E…. especially easier when you borrow or cannibalize older rules from previous editions. Since 5E is fairly "rules light" as you mentioned, it's easy to shoehorn house rules without necessarily interfering with existing written rules of 5E.

But having bought into 5th Edition since it was released in 2014…. and purchased most of the WotC published books since, I can sorta sense a trend. My gut feeling tells me that "Epic Rules" aka rules for Very High Level Characters (levels 20 and above) will likely be published for 5E, as a way of extending character advancement. Eventually.
Fineva Posted - 27 Sep 2018 : 23:32:20
I'm going to link this to 5e as the current action with gamers & authors.
In the rules (DMG) the concept of "epic boons" is mentioned as a character "on the way" to some Demi divine concept.
The Adventure League (WoTC organized play) gives official nods to these, with people earning (I assume not using) boons as early as 11 level (for DM characters) and certainly by 17th level. (Boons are only active at 20)
The 5e system is rules light. In previous systems extensive rules for those on the path to divinity were "epic" and obvious.

Considering the above, is there a path to each gods portfolio for the adventurer? Do we need more definition? I am aware that the DMs for WoTC (admins) can make up even certificates for chosen of gods.

Can we define these things in 5e?
sleyvas Posted - 27 Sep 2018 : 12:38:13
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

Huh... that's neat. Thanks George.

I wonder if I can take the neatly referenced output on the other page and copy/paste it into another editor so that I can play with adding pictures or changing the page background....
sleyvas Posted - 27 Sep 2018 : 12:37:15
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

Huh... that's neat. Thanks George.
George Krashos Posted - 27 Sep 2018 : 10:45:43
Have just downloaded it and not had a chance to look at it in any detail but you need to fix an FR error that has been around for way too long. You have provided the Calendar of Harptos on p.5 of your product.

In relation to the months of Alturiak, Ches and Tarsahk, they are respectively "the Claw of Winter" (or "the Claws of the Cold"), "of the Sunsets", and "of the Storms". Ches and Tarsahk are not and have never been "the Claw of Sunsets" and "the Claw of Storms".

Of course, the rot started with the original publishing of the FR calendar in Ed"s "The Merry Month of ... Mirtul?" article in Dragon #47 when the editorial staff stuffed it up. That was fixed in the 1E FR Campaign Setting boxed set (the "Ol' Grey Box") and then remained correct in the2E FR Campaign Setting boxed set.

But then inexplicably, the error re-appeared in the 3E FR Campaign Setting hardcover. The 4E FR Campaign Setting book didn't even bother to provide the names of the month.

So, please fix your product release to reflect the correct version. Cheers.

-- George Krashos
George Krashos Posted - 27 Sep 2018 : 09:16:40
quote:

-- George Krashos
farinal Posted - 27 Sep 2018 : 09:01:53
Dargoth Posted - 27 Sep 2018 : 08:10:33
quote:

I would love to grab one of the hardcovers but expect that shipping to Australia might be prohibitive. Any idea of the cost? Happy for you to PM me.

-- George Krashos

https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/articles/216310837-Estimated-Shipping-Costs-For-Printed-Products

As the Books 199 pages Id assume its 12 or 32 USD depending on shipping type.

The hardcopy/PDF combo is currently at a discount
George Krashos Posted - 27 Sep 2018 : 06:39:16
I would love to grab one of the hardcovers but expect that shipping to Australia might be prohibitive. Any idea of the cost? Happy for you to PM me.

-- George Krashos
Dargoth Posted - 26 Sep 2018 : 15:42:51
Tks Scott

Is there any chance we could see a side by side of the 2 versions?
scottbbean Posted - 26 Sep 2018 : 15:20:57
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Read the sample pages, very well intrigued. Well done from what I saw. This is my next 5e purchase. :-)

Hi, Diffan

I hope you like the book! Please let me know what you think about it. We are currently working on the next book, which covers the demihuman faiths.

Scott
scottbbean Posted - 26 Sep 2018 : 15:18:14
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Hey Scott, Im thinking of getting Faiths of the Forgotten Realms but wanted to know whats the difference between the 2 printed versions of the book?

Hi, Dargoth

The difference between the two books is the quality of the ink. The premium quality ink is brighter and has more detail. The quality of the paper and binding are the same for both versions, the pages are very thick. When I received review copies, I couldn't tell the difference between the two versions without putting them side by side.

I hope this helps.

Scott
Diffan Posted - 26 Sep 2018 : 05:39:24
Read the sample pages, very well intrigued. Well done from what I saw. This is my next 5e purchase. :-)
Dargoth Posted - 26 Sep 2018 : 05:07:38
Hey Scott, Im thinking of getting Faiths of the Forgotten Realms but wanted to know whats the difference between the 2 printed versions of the book?
scottbbean Posted - 05 Sep 2018 : 14:43:47
You're welcome, Sessendrix! I'm glad you like the book.
Sesserdrix Posted - 04 Sep 2018 : 21:02:04
I bought a physical copy of this book I loved it so much! Thanks for throwing it together!

I will admit I was hoping for Doomguides to be a bit more Anti-Undead focused, but I fell in love with the Doomscribe, so it evened out for me.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 03 Jul 2018 : 03:45:48
Cool! I may check that one out, as I love all things elven and drow (though i admittedly wasn't happy with some of the changes made in MatoF to the elven, and particularly drow lore).
scottbbean Posted - 03 Jul 2018 : 03:12:43
Sorry about the brief reply. It's been a very busy week. Although the book includes the Deities listed on the first table in SCAG (Faerunian Pantheon), we also included Corellon and Moradin. For the next installment, we are working on the Elven, Drow, Dwarven, Duergar, and Dragon pantheons, including the deities that made it into MToF.
scottbbean Posted - 29 Jun 2018 : 20:59:44
Please do! I hope you like it!
CorellonsDevout Posted - 29 Jun 2018 : 04:11:29
As a lover of FR deities, I will have to check this out.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000