Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms dictionary

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uth Bethas Posted - 02 Jul 2018 : 07:36:31
Hi all

First time forum member here. I'm wondering if any of you fine sages know of a good list of Forgotten Realms' idiomatic English. Words and phrases etc to be used to help give NPCs a little verisimilitude. I found this http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Common_dictionary but it's short and I find the FR wiki to be, err, unreliable at times.

Grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Fare thee well, my dear parharding potjacks.

UB
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thraskir Skimper Posted - 06 Jul 2018 : 04:01:44
Morningfeast and breakfast are not really the same thing. Breakfast is literally a breaking of your fast.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jul 2018 : 17:13:41
quote:
Originally posted by BadCatMan

Thanks, good to hear it. You can use the Talk part of any page drop a message, or edit and fix something yourself if it's something you can do.

I edited a page on there the other day, myself -- pretty sure it's the first time I've done that on a wiki.
BadCatMan Posted - 03 Jul 2018 : 12:17:07
Thanks, good to hear it. You can use the Talk part of any page drop a message, or edit and fix something yourself if it's something you can do.
Uth Bethas Posted - 03 Jul 2018 : 01:29:04
Fair point. Sniping never helped anyone and, frankly, I'm reliant on FR wiki for research so thanks to you and all the other editors over there for making my life as a DM much easier. Instead of complaining here I should have pointed out the errors so everyone benefits. I will in the future.
BadCatMan Posted - 02 Jul 2018 : 13:07:54
Short, unreliable? That page is long and well-sourced, thankyouverymuch. I'm checking with Zero to see if they're still working on it, otherwise I'll remove the Working tag.

We also have this thread for not-Common-specific phrases, which is short but also sourced:
https://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Oaths,_idioms,_and_colloquialisms

And if you've found anything unreliable on the wiki, please do let us know so we can actually, you know, fix it. Complaining at Candlekeep gets nothing done.
Uth Bethas Posted - 02 Jul 2018 : 08:47:15
thanks very much!
Zeromaru X Posted - 02 Jul 2018 : 08:08:36
I don't know if this is updated to the latest products, but here you go:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13403

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000