Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New Waterdeep map from Mike Schley

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 19 Jun 2018 : 19:51:53
Announced via the book of Faces
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
moonbeast Posted - 25 Jul 2018 : 11:12:20
Both have good mapping styles, but different. Mike Schley's maps are a cartographer's dream. They are the kind of maps a DM will use for the sake of accuracy and in-game verisimilitude. Jared Blando's maps are the kind of artistic "Old World" flair maps that Elminster or Volo himself would actually be holding in their libraries.
Mankyle Posted - 16 Jul 2018 : 09:29:00
I'm in the process of doing an interactive pdf out of Mike Schley's Waterdeep map.

I want to have the districts outlines, the sewers map, and all locations with buttons ala Google Maps innjust one document.

Eventually, my plans are to do the same with Mike Schley's Sword Coast and Chult's maps. I'm curious to see wether Dragon Heist map will be this one or a new one. I love Mike Schley's style of mapping (a mix of beautiful and useful) and I would rather have a map from him than for example Jared Blando's.

Jared maps are also very good but I prefer Mike's style.

Anyway I'm eager to see what they are going to present in this encarnation of waterdeep
Gyor Posted - 02 Jul 2018 : 00:11:43
Even with removing some 4e elements, I imagine there are some things that are different on the 5e map from 3e.
TomCosta Posted - 01 Jul 2018 : 00:05:57
My recollection is the additions to Waterdeep in 4th edition were reversed in 5e, returning it more or less to 3e. According to the SCAG, they cleared the broken boats from the harbor and disassembled Mistshore in the process and a plague cleaned out the Warrens and Downshadow.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Jun 2018 : 22:02:52
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

The thing is…… this Mike Schley Waterdeep Map is based on the Lords of Waterdeep boardgame, taking place well before the 5th Edition.

More properly, this Waterdeep map is from the pre-4E version of Waterdeep, and is what the map in the game Lords of Waterdeep is based on.
moonbeast Posted - 30 Jun 2018 : 21:32:08

The thing is…… this Mike Schley Waterdeep Map is based on the Lords of Waterdeep boardgame, taking place well before the 5th Edition.

Dragon Heist, on the other hand, does take place exactly in the 5th Edition Era….. so the maps that we will get from Waterdeep Dragon Heist may or may not be different. Did Waterdeep change significantly in between 5th Edition and the 3rd/4th editions? Did entire districts change or disappear? Were some districts destroyed? Were new walls or neighborhoods built? Were important landmarks taken away because Mike Mearls said so?

Gyor Posted - 25 Jun 2018 : 02:43:44
If your excited for new Waterdeep maps, apparently Waterdeep: Dragon Heist will have a huge fold out map of Waterdeep, with street names and everything. Plus a whole bunch of other maps.

And of course Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage will have a map of Skullport and various layers of Undermountain.
Barastir Posted - 20 Jun 2018 : 12:59:15
http://prints.mikeschley.com
Gelcur Posted - 20 Jun 2018 : 05:15:02
Nice catch, can never have enough high quality maps. Love that it offers a player and a DM version, another great thing that is often overlooked.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jun 2018 : 21:12:15
And I was just checking out Mike Schley's site the other day, seeing if he had a Waterdeep map up...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jun 2018 : 21:06:16
If anyone heard distant screaming over the last half hour, it was me, screaming in frustration, as I tried to work around the restrictions at work to get this wonderful new map onto my computer.

It took some creativity and the fortunate recent purchase of an adapter allowing me to connect a thumb drive to my cell phone, but I am now basking in the glory that is a Mike Schley map of my favorite place in the Realms.
sno4wy Posted - 19 Jun 2018 : 20:50:17
Thanks for the link!

Side note, "Book of Faces" sounds quite ghastly, but considering all the stuff surrounding it, perhaps that isn't altogether inappropriate. XD

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000