Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Inkra in Thesk ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bragi Posted - 19 Jun 2018 : 02:42:17
There is a town in Thesk that only shows up in the print FR Atlas named Inkra. I don't see it mentioned in any other source or any other map. Is there any lore that I'm missing about this town or is it simply a ghost town with nothing written about it?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 08 Oct 2018 : 19:34:31
Learned Scribe BadCatMan,

Wow, I know this is off topic, so I apologize, but I had no idea you were the head administrator of the Forgotten Realms Wiki. Thank you for all of the awesome work you do to the contribution of the Realms man!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by BadCatMan

The town appears as "Inkar" on the Spellbound map, and is briefly mentioned in the Throne of Deceit module. The Atlas has a lot of different spellings from other maps, but predates most of them.

According to Throne of Deceit page 11, Inkar is "a small city with many inns, most of which are impoverished by the lack of caravan trade." In particular, the final battle from Crusade is fought outside Inkar.

Bragi Posted - 19 Jun 2018 : 06:59:31
Ah, thanks BadCatMan! That's what I was looking for. I actually looked over Throne of Deceit but I guess I didn't make the connection between the two different spellings or didn't even notice it. I'm replacing the first half of the adventure with a different one because of the timeline.
BadCatMan Posted - 19 Jun 2018 : 06:16:58
The town appears as "Inkar" on the Spellbound map, and is briefly mentioned in the Throne of Deceit module. The Atlas has a lot of different spellings from other maps, but predates most of them.

According to Throne of Deceit page 11, Inkar is "a small city with many inns, most of which are impoverished by the lack of caravan trade." In particular, the final battle from Crusade is fought outside Inkar.
Bragi Posted - 19 Jun 2018 : 06:01:30
That's a good guess but I don't think it's in there. I've been over the Empires Trilogy. Crusade ignores most of the cities in Thesk except for Tammar and, of course, Telflamm. I'm about to run my campaign through the events from the novels so I should re-read them anyway. I suspect that it's from one of Ed's old maps and since it was wedged between the pages of the Atlas it simply was missed for inclusion in other products.
George Krashos Posted - 19 Jun 2018 : 05:37:17
I suspect that reference is from the novel "Crusade".

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000