Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Regarding the cover art for Starlight and Shadows

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mastermustard Posted - 10 Jun 2018 : 19:56:18
Who's the human male depicted on the cover of the 'Daughter of the Drow'?

On 'Tangled Webs' cover, Liriel Baenre is presented as standing in front of a broad-shouldered, blonde, Nord Barbarian type,
which is exactly how I would imagine the Rashemi Berserker Fyodor. The human on the first cover, however, is thinner, and dark of hair, with scars and piercings that make him
seem more like a pirate or assassin than good-natured nordic barbarian, in spite of the large sword (of differing design!) that they both seem to carry.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Masked Mage Posted - 13 Jun 2018 : 05:49:41
There is plenty of dark hair in all the regions you mention. Not a majority, but its there.
mastermustard Posted - 13 Jun 2018 : 01:33:32
quote:
Originally posted by deserk

It is Fyodor, and the way he is depicted in the illustration is pretty on point given the descriptions of him. He is dark-haired like most Rashemis and kind of gaunt-looking, particularly after his intensive rages.

The Tangled Webs cover is of Hrolf the Unruly, the Ruathen captain who takes Liriel along as a passenger aboard the Elfmaid.

Where does their dark hair come from? Their culture seems to have a lot of very clear Germanic pagan and Russian influences, and the cold climate favours lighter genetics, so it seems strange.
TBeholder Posted - 11 Jun 2018 : 04:44:08
There was "flattering portrait of the artist's girlfriend, through a standard filter" thing, too.

Anyway, old covers, new covers.
The Masked Mage Posted - 11 Jun 2018 : 00:06:39
There are two covers for that novel I believe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daughter_of_the_Drow

and

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Daughter_of_the_Drow

In both instances deserk would be correct, it is Fyodor.

Tangled webs also has two covers. I would have guessed Fyodor where deserk said Hrolf, but I can buy that. On the other cover has an illithid.
deserk Posted - 10 Jun 2018 : 21:53:37
It is Fyodor, and the way he is depicted in the illustration is pretty on point given the descriptions of him. He is dark-haired like most Rashemis and kind of gaunt-looking, particularly after his intensive rages.

The Tangled Webs cover is of Hrolf the Unruly, the Ruathen captain who takes Liriel along as a passenger aboard the Elfmaid.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000