Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Jergal as Lord of Strife, Dead and Murder

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Starshade Posted - 11 May 2018 : 11:41:38
I was thinking of using undead clerics turned into something really low level appropriate, Flameskulls or something, but worshipping Jergal from the time before he stepped down. And having a spirit phylactery, etc. Lawfull Evil alignment, could be post-Netherilians from low netheril.

The basic plot is simple: Undead guardians in a tomb. They were buried after a long life, high priests of Jergal before he stepped down. The priests slumbered expecting to rise as full powered liches, and instead never woke up. Parts of the cairns and tombs actually plundered when the PCs come there, they find junk everywhere, plunder shafts everywhere, etc. And fresh goblin magic and sacrifices (who triggers the failed magic).

Is it lore appropriate for Jergal to answer the flameskulls if they advance, get arms and such things to cast spells?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Starshade Posted - 12 May 2018 : 17:44:40
Exacly: he no longer is evil, or holds the Portfolios. They are undead guardians sanctioned, high priests and several with multiclass spellcasting. I was planning to do a "revenge of the mummy" style mini arc, though the priests probably will be unhappy with their master loosing said domains and power.
Restoring Power to cast spells, and figure out how to restore the tomb would be their main goals, though restoring the said domains to Jergal would be something they'd desire too, but maybe not Jergal....
LordofBones Posted - 11 May 2018 : 16:02:59
Jergal has since traded away those portfolios. I guess if the flameskulls were defending their tombs from desecration, he'd be fine with it, since Powers and Pantheons notes that he's fine with using undead and just doesn't bother mentioning them when he reports to Kelemvor.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000