Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Ed's new Realms books

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Eilserus Posted - 07 Nov 2017 : 03:44:53
Hi all,

I was watching the latest TEGG video on YouTube and it sounds like Ed's newest Realms books should be hitting the DMsGuild soon. :)

Provided I spelled things right (sounded like tomes as opposed to tombs to me!), the titles mentioned were:

Adventures:
At the Sign of the Drowned Dragon
The Haunted Tomes of Derlusk
Rattle the Sabre and Shake the Spear [Champion of Ormpur - Clinton Cronk]
New Story:
The Book that Talked Back - Companion Tale

I'm stoked. One thing I did notice on the website was: "We are not looking at producing ...<snip> regional sourcebooks/guidebooks at this time." Anyone know if this means no accompanying Volo's Guide?

Ed's last Mirt story, All Things Through the Bright Flames was so packed with info it's almost a guide itself, considering how much lore you can mine from it, but I was curious if anyone can confirm if Volo is still a go.

Hoping we see these all on the dmsguild soon! Me wants. :)
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
King Libertine Posted - 08 Aug 2020 : 00:19:11
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Ran the Haunted Tomes of Derlusk a few times last weekend at Gamehole Con in Madison, WI. Loads of fun and kept players entertained for 4 hours at a stretch. Of course, Derlusk being a bibliophile's dream didn't hurt....but I may've said too much....

Unfortunately, my entire party died. I played a fey'ri swashbuckler and bit the dust.
keftiu Posted - 14 Apr 2020 : 22:18:42
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

This new Border Kingdoms book is a must to me. I want to start a new campaign in a place with little canon stuff.

It does make me laugh how many times a variant on the phrase “and then this mage went crazy and died in the Spellplague” gets used. It did more than just kill wizards!
DenverJack Posted - 14 Apr 2020 : 22:10:44
I also had to order a physical copy - can’t wait to get a look at it! I look at screens enough that I like to enjoy an actual book for my gaming stuff.
Zeromaru X Posted - 10 Apr 2020 : 19:00:33
This new Border Kingdoms book is a must to me. I want to start a new campaign in a place with little canon stuff.
Diffan Posted - 10 Apr 2020 : 03:21:28
I just downloaded all the original Boarder Kingdoms PDF files from WotC site during 3.5 and I'm glad to see they all got updates. I'll definitely have to get this book
keftiu Posted - 10 Apr 2020 : 01:25:23
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The Border Kingdoms: A Forgotten Realms Campaign Supplement

quote:
Welcome to the Border Kingdoms!

According to the sage Meriadas of Westgate: “The Border Kingdoms are the most favored destination for adventurers who want to proudly and boldly conquer a realm or establish their own new kingdom. Lords, counts, dukes, kings and emperors rise, proclaim themselves, and are swept away with the speed and regularity of waves crashing upon a shore.”

This fall Gamehole Con will be releasing original adventures set in the Border Kingdoms for the Adventurers League organized play program. To get the excitement going, we are sharing our campaign bible with you. It contains over 100 pages of lore about the Border Kingdoms and was written by Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms!

This product includes:

• Over 100 pages of lore about the Border Kingdoms in PDF format

• A high resolution map of the Border Kingdoms in PDF format

Bought this and it seems pretty solid, though I am chuckling at how many different times “this mage went mad and died in the Spellplague” happens - it did other things, y’know?
Brimstone Posted - 09 Apr 2020 : 17:19:12
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

According to the sage Meriadas of Westgate: “The Border Kingdoms are the most favored destination for adventurers who want to proudly and boldly conquer a realm or establish their own new kingdom. Lords, counts, dukes, kings and emperors rise, proclaim themselves, and are swept away with the speed and regularity of waves crashing upon a shore.”

This fall Gamehole Con will be releasing original adventures set in the Border Kingdoms for the Adventurers League organized play program. To get the excitement going, we are sharing our campaign bible with you. It contains over 100 pages of lore about the Border Kingdoms and was written by Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms!

This product includes:

It's been updated. If you bought a copy of the PDF you can download the updated version for free. It also has a new and updated map of the region which is absolutely gorgeous. You can also buy a soft or hardcover of it! Got a hardcover on the way!
Gary Dallison Posted - 14 Jun 2018 : 19:04:43
Bought a copy today. Liking the new names for potential jhaamdath artefacts, can't wait to scour it for lore
sleyvas Posted - 14 Jun 2018 : 01:31:40
thanks for the heads up Wooly
Brimstone Posted - 13 Jun 2018 : 15:34:19
Just bought a copy!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jun 2018 : 10:05:07

quote:

This product includes:

ElfBane Posted - 09 May 2018 : 11:31:56
Dammit, I like to read in bed. Short magazines I don't mind reading on a monitor. But book-length stuff I want to read in bed.
George Krashos Posted - 04 May 2018 : 07:45:29
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo
I'm looking for these adventures but can't find these anywhere. If someone has it let me know, it would only be to run the adventures to my players.
Onder Librum website is not available right now so i can't ask them.

They are not available yet but likely will be toward the end of the year on the DMs Guild site.

-- George Krashos
Marco Volo Posted - 02 May 2018 : 18:25:49
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Hi all,

I was watching the latest TEGG video on YouTube and it sounds like Ed's newest Realms books should be hitting the DMsGuild soon. :)

Provided I spelled things right (sounded like tomes as opposed to tombs to me!), the titles mentioned were:

Adventures:
At the Sign of the Drowned Dragon
The Haunted Tomes of Derlusk
Rattle the Sabre and Shake the Spear [Champion of Ormpur - Clinton Cronk]
New Story:
The Book that Talked Back - Companion Tale

I'm looking for these adventures but can't find these anywhere. If someone has it let me know, it would only be to run the adventures to my players.
Onder Librum website is not available right now so i can't ask them.
Eilserus Posted - 10 Nov 2017 : 01:31:15
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

Hmm odd. So is this Ed's new direction…. to publish future Realms fiction digitally via the DMSGuild, and no longer printing paperbacks through physical or online book stores? (e.g. Barns & Noble, Amazon, Daltons, etc). Just being curious, not that I really prefer the latter method over the other.

It's that or nothing. Far as I can tell, the peeps in charge of WotC have pretty much told the old guard to go get bent. It's up to them what gets published after all. As such, I'm just glad Ed is able to get something out to us, no matter the form.
moonbeast Posted - 09 Nov 2017 : 18:55:55
Hmm odd. So is this Ed's new direction…. to publish future Realms fiction digitally via the DMSGuild, and no longer printing paperbacks through physical or online book stores? (e.g. Barns & Noble, Amazon, Daltons, etc). Just being curious, not that I really prefer the latter method over the other.
Eilserus Posted - 09 Nov 2017 : 17:24:09
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Ran the Haunted Tomes of Derlusk a few times last weekend at Gamehole Con in Madison, WI. Loads of fun and kept players entertained for 4 hours at a stretch. Of course, Derlusk being a bibliophile's dream didn't hurt....but I may've said too much....

Lore within the lore maybe? :) Can't wait to get ahold of them!
Steven Schend Posted - 09 Nov 2017 : 02:21:10

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000