Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep post-1487DR...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Grisix Posted - 05 May 2018 : 08:46:06
Does anyone know if there is any official/canon information about Candlekeep post-1487DR, after the events from The Herald?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Balmar Foghaven Posted - 17 May 2018 : 15:29:25
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

quote:
Originally posted by mastermustard

It's embarrassingly delapitated, I must say. Our cooks are missing, so we've been reduced to hunting and eating the many squirrels currently infesting the dungeons. Furthermore, I've been asking the groundskeeper to scrub out the chamberpots for months but with our wards down, he, along with the other nameless peasants in the Keep, have been preoccupied repelling half-hearted raids by the orc horde that's set-up camp outside. Mostly just exchanging insults over the walls. It's very hard to study amid the racket, let me tell you.

Hostile Orcs camped outside? Insult them! Insult them I tell you. Their mothers smelled of elderberries and their fathers were hamsters gnomes, say to them!

And then fart in their general direction!

And then perhaps catapult some cows at them! Just make sure they don't reciprocate with those nasty goblin-hucker devices some armies bring...
moonbeast Posted - 16 May 2018 : 02:19:01
quote:

It's embarrassingly delapitated, I must say. Our cooks are missing, so we've been reduced to hunting and eating the many squirrels currently infesting the dungeons. Furthermore, I've been asking the groundskeeper to scrub out the chamberpots for months but with our wards down, he, along with the other nameless peasants in the Keep, have been preoccupied repelling half-hearted raids by the orc horde that's set-up camp outside. Mostly just exchanging insults over the walls. It's very hard to study amid the racket, let me tell you.

Hostile Orcs camped outside? Insult them! Insult them I tell you. Their mothers smelled of elderberries and their fathers were hamsters gnomes, say to them!

And then fart in their general direction!
Grisix Posted - 15 May 2018 : 22:53:17
quote:

yes, but on the bright side, you can now eat cheese there without having to go to the open fields outside...
mastermustard Posted - 15 May 2018 : 00:49:48
Balmar Foghaven Posted - 09 May 2018 : 16:09:40
Hmmm, I somehow recall parts of the library collapsing during the events of the novel in which its wards were drained. Perhaps I am remembering things incorrectly, or perhaps they simply rebuilt? Several priceless texts would have been damaged if that were the case, some irreplaceable...

Also any word on if some archmage or other was able to restore the wards of Candlekeep after the events of the Herald?
CorellonsDevout Posted - 08 May 2018 : 22:44:11
We're still here

As for the actual Keep LOL, I assume it still exists.
TomCosta Posted - 05 May 2018 : 21:54:12
Confrontation at Candlekeep was a D&D Next (5E test phase) adventure put out by WoTC. You should be able to find it on DM's Guild. It was a convention adventure, so don't expect a ton of lore, but Candlekeep exists. Also I think one of the Baldur's Gate video games detailed the interior of Candlekeep somewhat. Here's an image.... https://baldur-s-gate-tales-of-the-sword-coast.obsidianportal.com/wikis/candlekeep and here's another (bottom of the web page, not sure of the origin) https://legacyoftherealms.obsidianportal.com/characters/damascus.
TomCosta Posted - 05 May 2018 : 21:53:38
Confrontation at Candlekeep was a D&D Next (5E test phase) adventure put out by WoTC. You should be able to find it on DM's Guild. It was a convention adventure, so don't expect a ton of lore, but Candlekeep exists. Also I think one of the Baldur's Gate video games detailed the interior of Candlekeep somewhat. Here's an image.... https://baldur-s-gate-tales-of-the-sword-coast.obsidianportal.com/wikis/candlekeep and here's another (bottom of the web page, not sure of the origin) https://legacyoftherealms.obsidianportal.com/characters/damascus.
moonbeast Posted - 05 May 2018 : 20:29:08
The only official thing about Candlekeep is that it exists, it's still there (intact) like in prior editions. This is according to official 5th Edition sourcebooks and maps like SCAG, and also from WotC Official Cartographer Mike Schley's Forgotten Realms maps.

Do we know the inside details of Candlekeep? Are any of the Candlekeep inhabitants mentioned in detail in these books? Not that I'm aware. I have nearly every single 5th Edition published book, DMG, MM, PHB, SCAG, Volo's Guide, Xanathar's, and I even have Mordenkainen's Tome on pre-order, also own several of the campaigns like Curse of Strahd, Storm King's Thunder, etc.

I'm somewhat hopeful that Candlekeep may eventually get more extensive coverage in the near future. WotC seems to be very focused on fleshing out the "Western Faerun" regions, like Sword Coast and Western Heartlands.

sfdragon Posted - 05 May 2018 : 08:52:30
not to my knowledge

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000