Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Stonelands and Eveningstar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Marco Volo Posted - 20 Apr 2018 : 09:26:32
Hi all,

I'm reading again Haunted Halls of Eveningstar because I want to do a complete module (as DD5 is apparently not going to do it for now) and I've a little problem. Reading the adventure from the AD&D2 module, it seems the Stonelands are very close to Eveningstar and the Starwater Gorge : Crypt of Shadows for example is situated "nearby in the Stonelands" BUT looking at a map of Cormyr we can see Stonelands are far away north to even the Haunted Halls. And you have to cross the Storm Horns...

Why speaking of the Stonelands in an Eveningstar module as it seems there are so far away ?

Bonus question : Do you think Whisper's Crypt is connected to the Stonelands in some ways ? By what means ?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Marco Volo Posted - 29 Apr 2018 : 08:57:15
Thanks Markustay, I get it now !
And thanks xaeyruudh et Seravin for their answers :)
Markustay Posted - 21 Apr 2018 : 02:19:51
People tend to forget... The Stormhorns are IN the Stonelands.

The foothills of the Stormhorns just north of Eveningstar? That's considered 'Stonelands' right there. This is why you often read that the Helmlands are IN the Stonelands, and yet maps show them along the foothills there just south of the Stormhorns... both are correct.

There is also a LOT of secrets under those mountains; extensive, labyrinthine tunnels-systems are just one.
xaeyruudh Posted - 20 Apr 2018 : 18:16:52
I think it's an issue of perspective.

For example, "100 years old" is old if we're talking about humans, but not so old if we're talking about houses or antique furniture.

Likewise, the Stonelands is a long trek from Eveningstar if you're on foot, but when we're looking at an atlas it's fairly close... especially considering that Cormyr conducts trade with Waterdeep and probably places on the far side of the Inner Sea.

Edit: I don't know about a tunnel linking the Stonelands with Whisper's Crypt specifically, but I'd be surprised if there's not a path or three in the Underdark between Cormyr and the Stonelands. And a portal connection (secured by the War Wizards and Purple Dragons) seems virtually guaranteed.
Seravin Posted - 20 Apr 2018 : 12:47:54
It could be the evil of the Stonelands makes their way through to Cormyr through the Helmlands to the area north of Eveningstar and around the Haunted Halls? I agree the Storm Horns are definitely in between but there are valleys in the mountain range that maybe allow a path through? It's not that far away relatively...

Whisper's Crypt could be connected to the Stonelands via magic portal which Ed is so fond of in his writing...but a phyiscal tunnel to the Stonelands seems implausible because it would be a few days walk away?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000