Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maztica Alive! Workshop

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Seethyr Posted - 20 Jul 2014 : 20:34:14
This thread was originally for the creation of the Maztica Campaign Guide, but I am editing it so that this first post contains all netbooks that have been or will be created (hopefully) in the future. There will also be the latest version of each working draft for books that are in progress. I would like to include a description for each as well to distinguish whats here from my signature.

Third Edition
Monster of the True World - Maztica and Lopango
This netbook contains dozens of monsters specifically designed and updated for the Maztica setting and creatures from Lopango and local islands as well.
The Great Skyhome - Maztica and Spelljammer
Throughout Maztica's long history, contact has been made with "The Great Skyhome" many times. This netbook describes the history of Maztica and highlights the numerous connections it has made to the Spelljammer setting in the past.
Lopango - Land of the Sacred Sun
Lopango is the Inca-based setting just to the south of Maztica. This book contains everything needed to run a campaign within this part of the True World.
Claw and Sting - Scorpionfolk of the True World
The Maztican underdark is the demesne of the dreaded scorpionfolk. This sourcebook describes their cities, culture, gods and introduces many new creatures and subspecies never before seen.
Itla Tlayohua - Something Dark: A Maztican Compilation
Itla Tlayohua means "Something Dark" in Nexalan, and this is a fitting title for this collection of legends and adventures.

Fifth Edition
TWC1-The Maztica Campaign Guide
The first in a series of books that will bring the entirety of the True World into 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons and the Forgotten Realm. This book is a fanon equivalent of the Player's Handbook for Maztica.
TWN1-Azure Skies (DRAFT)
A Maztican novel which describes the transition of the True World continent from Abeir back to Toril, and the repercussions therein.
TWA1-The Curse of Zarzumotl (DRAFT)
The first adventure for the new Maztica Campaign. In the desert of the House of Tezca a great fire has destroyed much of the young city of Tukan's stores for the year. Starvation now faces the survivors of the fire unless a brave party of adventurers can broker a trade agreement with the merchant lord of distant Kolan. The trip takes a desperate turn to an underground city that most others do not even know exists! [Netbook is being completed in collaboration with SJS from the Dragonsfoot community]
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 26 Oct 2020 : 09:30:15
Great Reader sleyvas,

Did something get done to get that issue resolved you commented on for it showing private?

Best regards,

sleyvas Posted - 13 Oct 2020 : 23:09:08
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

That map is fantastic! I couldn’t look at it until I got back to work. I’m amazed at the level of detail and accuracy to the “originals.”

I took some time today and got rid of a lot of the creatures I had on there. I thought they would look better, but it didn't. I also made some areas smaller, added the sites from blacktoe glacier, and put some more colonies for myself on an island off the coast. I'll try to make a new big map tomorrow, but first I wanted to see if it kind of fit what you might like to use. I also think I'm going to take some of my 3d painted pictures of creatures that I plan on actually using and using THOSE on the map. Not sure how they'll look, but I like the idea of showing where the bear folk, kercpa, shatjan, etc... are based on little pictures.
Seethyr Posted - 13 Oct 2020 : 21:14:38
That map is fantastic! I couldn’t look at it until I got back to work. I’m amazed at the level of detail and accuracy to the “originals.”
sleyvas Posted - 12 Oct 2020 : 20:20:31
quote:

Voyage to the True World WIP 10-12-20

Started to realize this is going to be quite an undertaking - they always end up so much longer than planned! I promised to fill out 40 days worth of voyage encounters on the sea, and I will make it if it kills me.

If you don't have a map going, let me add the locations from blacktoe glacier and do some cleanup and I'll make a new map showing Anchorome,Maztica,Lopango, Katashaka, and Laerakond and the 5 other "undiscovered" continents in relation to the sword coast/nimbral/moonshaes/evermeet, etc...

Meanwhile, check your mail. The ones I was going to upload, I just shared with you just so you can see where I was going with it. The one showing the sword coast and what not was the least clean of them, because I wasn't as good at splicing. Oh, and I sent the links from my gaming email that I never think to check, so just hit me up here if I don't respond right away.

By the way, if you want to add any "previously unknown islands" hey, let me know and I can add them now. Any number of things may have changed with the spellplague and second sundering regarding islands off the coast of Anchorome and Maztica. I personally haven't placed it, but I want to put some refugees from Thay, Samarach, Thindol, and Tashluta on one island together.
Seethyr Posted - 12 Oct 2020 : 17:42:42
Voyage to the True World WIP 10-12-20

Started to realize this is going to be quite an undertaking - they always end up so much longer than planned! I promised to fill out 40 days worth of voyage encounters on the sea, and I will make it if it kills me.
sleyvas Posted - 08 Oct 2020 : 03:22:30
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

This is what I was sent:

"Duplicated maps, including maps recreated in different art styles, can only be published on Dungeon Masters Guild if they directly support another adventure or supplement. They cannot be the primary product. If you write an adventure that takes places in a location from an existing D&D adventure, you can include redrawn maps of that location. You cannot publish the redrawn maps as an independent map pack. For example, if your adventure is set in Luskan, you can include redrawn maps of the city and nearby locations; however, you cannot publish those redrawn maps as a separate map pack or stock art."

I guess that makes sense in a way, but it's unfortunate. Let's find some stuff to use it for then!

Anyway, here is my newest project since I finished the Ruins of Olbi and updated the Scorpionfolk guide.

It is the 40 day journey from the Sword Coast to Waterdeep in a day by day adventure. Most days will have small events but there will be little mini-adventures included. It is meant to be ripped apart so that people can take what they like and throw out the rest. Very few of the encounters will be interconnected.

Voyage to the True World

hmmm, that's one idea that would fit. I'm going to finish up the bear race tomorrow and hopefully do hybsil, shatjan, raccoon folk and foxiytaurs and release that with the maps ( I may redo the maps too, just a few minor picture changes of creatures on them as I now realize some look ugly)
Seethyr Posted - 07 Oct 2020 : 23:39:41
quote:

This is what I was sent:

"Duplicated maps, including maps recreated in different art styles, can only be published on Dungeon Masters Guild if they directly support another adventure or supplement. They cannot be the primary product. If you write an adventure that takes places in a location from an existing D&D adventure, you can include redrawn maps of that location. You cannot publish the redrawn maps as an independent map pack. For example, if your adventure is set in Luskan, you can include redrawn maps of the city and nearby locations; however, you cannot publish those redrawn maps as a separate map pack or stock art."

I guess that makes sense in a way, but it's unfortunate. Let's find some stuff to use it for then!

Anyway, here is my newest project since I finished the Ruins of Olbi and updated the Scorpionfolk guide.

It is the 40 day journey from the Sword Coast to Waterdeep in a day by day adventure. Most days will have small events but there will be little mini-adventures included. It is meant to be ripped apart so that people can take what they like and throw out the rest. Very few of the encounters will be interconnected.

Voyage to the True World
sleyvas Posted - 07 Oct 2020 : 11:58:23
quote:
Originally posted by Mrestos Khorvaen

What exactly is Kathashaka?

A continent that's gotten little documentation (not even its positive location). Its in GHotR on the entry about the tabaxi coming to chult, "the sleeper", and the "god" Olurobo and his children the "nyama-nummo". Its a land of spirits where there was no teaching of "matumbe, the forbidden magic". In some ways its similar to Osse, which also has little information, hints here and there about a continent that's not in Faerun. So, I have taken a keen interest in playing with it, and a few people have also shown a level of interest.

Most people think its the continent that's butted right up below Lopango, which is the peninsula at the bottom of Maztica. Some think its the smaller island continent next to it. I have decided lately to go with the idea that its both and that at one time they were connected (and therefore, my term for that other place is Eastern Katashaka.... the inhabitants may call it something else, and some maps I have seen named it Numibia). We know to get to Chult from it, you travel "northward" according to GHotR.
Its so close to Maztica, that it would be hard to believe that the continents don't have at least some level of interaction. In Lopango, Seethyr had some "jungle orc sorcerers" that came from there (so some orcs that apparently bred with something there and inherited power).

More info can be found here

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Katashaka
Mrestos Khorvaen Posted - 07 Oct 2020 : 11:00:25
What exactly is Kathashaka?
sleyvas Posted - 06 Oct 2020 : 01:06:53
quote:

quote:

Made a new "Pay What you Want" DM's Guild Product. Its just 3 maps, one specifically containing stuff for Maztica, Anchorome, and Lopango that we've talked about in the past or which are in your "Maztica Alive" stuff on DM's Guild. Another is a start for Katashaka. The third shows these two connecting, plus a possible position for Laerakond off Maztica's southwestern coast (because noone should ever lose something). Its also got some additions of my own for the United Tharchs of Toril. Just had this on my hard drive for a long time and finally figured out a way that got it into PNG format without it looking horrible (the large map is a little rough).

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/331018/Returned-Realms-Atlas--Maztica-Anchorome-Lopango-Katashaka?

This product contains three separate magical images which may be opened using a special lightning utilizing machine to display the images as illusions that can be zoomed into for extreme clarity. These three magical images are stored in a format known to technomages as PNG format files and are separate from this document. A extremely high level overview of these images can be seen on the prior cover page.

This and other geographical documents produced by the United Tharchs of Toril in the years just following the Second Sundering have been produced as quickly as possible in order to maintain a working map of Toril as it stands today. However, the sudden appearances of towns and forests over the last several years has at times made keeping this document up to date... bothersome... It should be noted that cartographers have been given considerable expense by Zulkir Mythrell'aa of the Tharch of Luneira to render these maps from several of her Quads in orbit. Only one such cartographer, a noted Leiran, had to be slain in order to curtail the grandiose blandishments which would be unbelievable to outsiders.

In order to maintain maximum security for the United Tharchs of Toril, several discrepancies have deliberately been placed on any topological documents, but they may be corrected if one has been entrusted with the necessary physical and logical implements to decrypt them. Praise Leira, goddess of illusion.

Did they remove it? That happens to me every time because I forget the dumb logo.

Weird, it still says private. Wonder if its because its a mix of PDF and graphic images. I didn't get any notification. Ah, I'll give it a day and see if it changes. I have the logo on the PDF. I wonder if they're going to require it on all the maps too? I wouldn't think they'd expect that added to people's art. Then again, it might be the file sizes too, as its like 300 meg.

EDIT: Ah, I got an answer. I had thought to do just a map pack and later do other things, and then that way you or anyone else could use them. But I may need to go ahead and write something else and add them into it. That's all right. I kind of did this to get an idea of how much of a hassle it would be to make them, and it took about 6 hours to export then puzzle piece them back together. That and I think I want to swap out some of the pictures (I had made some simple art of parrots, and when exported and made small they came out looking very very bad).

This is what I was sent:

Seethyr Posted - 06 Oct 2020 : 00:33:03
quote:

Made a new "Pay What you Want" DM's Guild Product. Its just 3 maps, one specifically containing stuff for Maztica, Anchorome, and Lopango that we've talked about in the past or which are in your "Maztica Alive" stuff on DM's Guild. Another is a start for Katashaka. The third shows these two connecting, plus a possible position for Laerakond off Maztica's southwestern coast (because noone should ever lose something). Its also got some additions of my own for the United Tharchs of Toril. Just had this on my hard drive for a long time and finally figured out a way that got it into PNG format without it looking horrible (the large map is a little rough).

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/331018/Returned-Realms-Atlas--Maztica-Anchorome-Lopango-Katashaka?

This product contains three separate magical images which may be opened using a special lightning utilizing machine to display the images as illusions that can be zoomed into for extreme clarity. These three magical images are stored in a format known to technomages as PNG format files and are separate from this document. A extremely high level overview of these images can be seen on the prior cover page.

This and other geographical documents produced by the United Tharchs of Toril in the years just following the Second Sundering have been produced as quickly as possible in order to maintain a working map of Toril as it stands today. However, the sudden appearances of towns and forests over the last several years has at times made keeping this document up to date... bothersome... It should be noted that cartographers have been given considerable expense by Zulkir Mythrell'aa of the Tharch of Luneira to render these maps from several of her Quads in orbit. Only one such cartographer, a noted Leiran, had to be slain in order to curtail the grandiose blandishments which would be unbelievable to outsiders.

In order to maintain maximum security for the United Tharchs of Toril, several discrepancies have deliberately been placed on any topological documents, but they may be corrected if one has been entrusted with the necessary physical and logical implements to decrypt them. Praise Leira, goddess of illusion.

Did they remove it? That happens to me every time because I forget the dumb logo.
sleyvas Posted - 05 Oct 2020 : 15:14:53

Seethyr Posted - 03 Oct 2020 : 21:21:42
Claw and Sting is fully updated with an additional 20 pages!

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/176961/MZS3-Claw-and-Sting
Seethyr Posted - 24 Sep 2020 : 03:06:01
For the next project, I have decided to update my old scorpionfolk book. Its first iteration was for 3e, the second (which is up on DMsGuild) had a good core, but I didn't treat it with the love I have put into other books. With some fresh new ideas, art that I got permission to use, and a bit more experience in putting together decent looking books I am fully redoing the original.

Here is my first WIP. MZS3 Claw and Sting

In the near future, I plan to...

1. Add rules for scorpionfolk grafts
2. Throw in a few random magic items and spells specifically designed for scorpionfolk
3. Add the "Diviner" background and maybe a few others, a canonical term used for all scorpionfolk casters
4. Add the Scorpionfolk as a playable race, with the tlincalli as a subspecies and then add my opistacanthi, imperatonti, and charinti homebrew subraces (palophonti are way too powerful to play).
5. Add a dozen or so monsters which includes the aforementioned subraces, something called scorilla, Sciorah the titan, a cibarius swarm, crystal scorpion, feathered scorpion, obyrith touched template
6. Add a small scenario/adventure called the Den of Scorpions which is redone from my 3e version.

cpthero2 Posted - 20 Sep 2020 : 22:18:14
Senior Scribe Seethyr,

Awesome! Thank you for that. I think I will indeed be getting that! :)

Best regards,

Seethyr Posted - 20 Sep 2020 : 07:04:26
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Senior Scribe Seethyr,

Is that 5e current timeline material, or back pre-Spellplague?

Best regards,

It could be either. It’s essentially just a dungeon crawl in ruins that haven’t been entered in 300 years but date from way before. It’s unchanged since the Desert Dwarves that tried to settle it were wiped out.
cpthero2 Posted - 20 Sep 2020 : 06:39:03
Senior Scribe Seethyr,

Is that 5e current timeline material, or back pre-Spellplague?

Best regards,

sleyvas Posted - 18 Sep 2020 : 19:47:33
quote:

quote:

quote:

Olbi is finished :-)

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/328885/MZA5-The-Ruins-of-Olbi

I do like that you included a bunch of new spells. I know you did a book of pluma and hishna magic. Are these from that or totally new? You only went to are 38 before, so I think there were only 2 of them there, but I liked featherchoke.

They’re all new! That was part of why I wanted to do this - to introduce new spells of pluma and hishna and considering the boxed set mentioned new magic, I thought it fit perfectly. If you’ll notice, all of the spells are low level as well, because at the time the spells were developed (in the lore), only plumaweavers and hishnashapers worked that type of magic. There were no wizard subclasses yet to the able to cast higher level spells.

Gotcha. I got sidetracked with something else (playing with 3d stuff again, making drinking horns... ones you could in theory print and use for cosplay OR just use as a 3d model for art), but I'm going to go through the spells in a bit.

EDIT: I like Feather Fan and Resplendent Wings too. What's a Kiltzi's Ring of Eternal Love do? If you put it in one of your products, you may want to reference it (and if it's in the DMG, then I'm just stupid, but I don't feel like looking).
Seethyr Posted - 18 Sep 2020 : 16:16:01
quote:

quote:

I do like that you included a bunch of new spells. I know you did a book of pluma and hishna magic. Are these from that or totally new? You only went to are 38 before, so I think there were only 2 of them there, but I liked featherchoke.

They’re all new! That was part of why I wanted to do this - to introduce new spells of pluma and hishna and considering the boxed set mentioned new magic, I thought it fit perfectly. If you’ll notice, all of the spells are low level as well, because at the time the spells were developed (in the lore), only plumaweavers and hishnashapers worked that type of magic. There were no wizard subclasses yet to the able to cast higher level spells.
sleyvas Posted - 18 Sep 2020 : 12:49:38
quote:

Seethyr Posted - 18 Sep 2020 : 04:52:32

cpthero2 Posted - 17 Sep 2020 : 17:08:49
Great Reader sleyvas,

I think you are right about Krynnspace gods (though I am no expert on Krynn) to a point. I could see Takhisis trying to utilize the less powerful deities as weapons against Paladine and others in an attempt to achieve their goals. It would be a pretty weird situation though.

Best regards,

sleyvas Posted - 17 Sep 2020 : 12:16:57
quote:

Great Reader sleyvas,

The only I can think of is what happened...

*SPOILER FOR TYMORA'S LUCK: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS DO NOT CONTINUE TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

...when it all turned out to be Iyacthu Xvim being a mind ninja and how the DL deities got involved in some Realms stuff. I would imagine that would stick out in the mind of a deity in an "Oh S*HT" moment and perhaps wanting to take a break from things until it all cools off.

That was my only point on it.

By the way: I appreciate your genteel response about my idea. Very polite of you good sir! :)

Best regards as always,

No problem, but in that case, I can definitely say that them going to Krynn for the reasons you describe make little sense to me. The way I look at it, the realms is HUGE with a ton of gods. So, a few more gods coming in to "stir the soup" can happen without the other gods noticing. I can't say the same of gods appearing in Krynnspace. They'd get noticed, and probably in a bad way. That place is very territorial. The same could happen with the gods going to Abeir, if it weren't for the idea that "the primordials went to sleep". So, I'm basically stirring with the idea that the gods were able to transfer there (not necessarily willingly) in lesser forms and not really draw attention to themselves as much for a few decades (a blink in the eye of a primordial), and build a "front" to protect the few mortals that they sent over. Now that they've transferred back (and some people from Toril have presumably been sent to Abeir), the gods have a minor foothold in the lands there that learned of them. We may find in fact that the lost city of Mezro is still in Abeir, and that Ubtao/Qotal is brokering a peace between gods and primordials (or planning a strike).

cpthero2 Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 23:01:57
Great Reader sleyvas,

The only I can think of is what happened...

*SPOILER FOR TYMORA'S LUCK: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS DO NOT CONTINUE TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

...when it all turned out to be Iyacthu Xvim being a mind ninja and how the DL deities got involved in some Realms stuff. I would imagine that would stick out in the mind of a deity in an "Oh S*HT" moment and perhaps wanting to take a break from things until it all cools off.

That was my only point on it.

By the way: I appreciate your genteel response about my idea. Very polite of you good sir! :)

Best regards as always,

sleyvas Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 18:58:11
quote:

Great Reader sleyvas,

I like to think there would be another option: the Maztican gods going to Krynn.

We saw the crossover between the Realms and DL in Tymora's Luck afterall. Cool way to see them spring back and be reasonably well off. ;)

Best regards,

The realms touches literally almost every crystal sphere out there from what I've seen, so not sure why you'd pick Krynn? Nor do I see why you'd want that to happen when Abeir and Toril collide (which granted also has some kind of Feywild and Shadowfell collisions as well). Note, I'm not dissing your idea, I'm just saying that there seems no design or special story idea that would make me say that the idea is intriguing.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000