Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Victorian Age D&D setting Homebrew

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LWhitehead1 Posted - 01 Apr 2018 : 20:55:02
Hi again this is my Second Idea for a Homebrew setting and hopeful official setting a Victorian D&D, inspired by Iron Kingdoms RPG, Mask of Red Death RPG, Dishonored Video Game series and Bioshock In video game.

Magic conflicts with 19th century Science and Tech, so Alchemy has be use to standard AD&D 2nd spells, think Vigors from Bioshock or Iron Kingdoms.

The Timeframe is 1850 to 1870, The problem I have is with the Gods and Spelljamming.

I need AD&D Kits suitable for this setting and help with the world building,

The French of this setting are Elves,

LW
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thraskir Skimper Posted - 08 Jul 2018 : 05:28:16
quote:
Originally posted by Baltas

Well, have you ever played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura? As it also takes place in a pseudo-Victorian setting, and shows the industrial evolution in a fantasy setting.

I think it may be a very good source of inspiration.

Arcanum is the best.
I've been playing it for going on 2 decades now.
Thraskir Skimper Posted - 08 Jul 2018 : 05:27:27
Mr. Whitehead tends to start projects then give up. We entertained him and his book projects on the Weber Forums until even the best of persons finally gave up.
Baltas Posted - 05 Apr 2018 : 20:32:11
Well, have you ever played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura? As it also takes place in a pseudo-Victorian setting, and shows the industrial evolution in a fantasy setting.

I think it may be a very good source of inspiration.
LWhitehead1 Posted - 05 Apr 2018 : 18:52:30
Well unlike Victoriana RPG which has Elves, Dwarves, and other D&D types of Races in Victorian Earth,

Now in this setting the Gods of Humans are Devived between the Old ones which are standard like D&D led by Goddess Magic, these Deities have bin pushed aside by most of the Humans in this world, the Spells in this world take the form of Alchemy Formulas and Runes carved on Objects such as Steel.

Gloriana is a British like Goddess, she is based on this Setting's version of London, In life she was a Queen that ruled over the British like Humans in death she is Worshiped as this settings version of the Church of England and how the current Monarch is the head of it.

LW
Fellfire Posted - 02 Apr 2018 : 02:00:42
Dwarves are Scottish. Did you not see Return of the King?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Apr 2018 : 01:56:03
If elves are French, what are dwarves and halflings?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000