Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Nameless Bard

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 13 Mar 2018 : 11:25:50
So, I just finished the finders Stone trilogy and loved every second of it. I had a question about the nameless bard, what happened to him, and did any other novel pick up where his story left off?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TomCosta Posted - 27 Mar 2018 : 01:10:45
He is in Ed Greenwood Present's Elminister's Forgotten Realms, but there is no real lore of note there and it's not clear that this source is canon for the Realms. Most of it is just lore, but there are bits that counter the existing Realms because its more of Ed's campaign.
Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 18:12:11
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

He's in at least one 5th edition book (now I can't remember which of Ed Greenwood presents Forgottne Realms or The Sword Coast Guide - but he was definitely listed in one of the two).

Ah, then I shall have to re-read thoroughly again to find his name.
Seravin Posted - 25 Mar 2018 : 22:32:32
He's in at least one 5th edition book (now I can't remember which of Ed Greenwood presents Forgottne Realms or The Sword Coast Guide - but he was definitely listed in one of the two).
TomCosta Posted - 24 Mar 2018 : 14:32:57
And the best follow up on him is in 2E Powers and Pantheons.
sleyvas Posted - 14 Mar 2018 : 12:00:20
He became a god. Don't hear anything about him after the spellplague to my knowledge or during 4e.

My assumption there was that he, along with several other gods, were sent to Abeir (where he and the lesser gods of magic worked together to revitalize WHATEVER is the returned Mystra)... but that's my homebrew. I'd assume him to be back, as a servant of at least 3 greater powers (Sune for artistic purposes, Oghma as a bard, and Mystra in a role of serving to promote song magic).... but I'm favored of the idea that many gods now have multiple superiors (as a means of hedging bets).
Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 14 Mar 2018 : 09:01:52
Yes, i was referring to Finder Wyvernspur. Thanks Wooly.
I had an idea for a campaign, and need to know what happens to hime before I make it final
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Mar 2018 : 14:37:03
Assuming you're referring to Finder, you do see more of him in two of the three Lost Gods novels, Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck.

The second novel in that trilogy is a Dragonlance one called Fistandantilus Returns; all that book does for the trilogy is introduce one character, a kender. I prefer to skip that book when reading the others; I really didn't care for it.
George Krashos Posted - 13 Mar 2018 : 12:52:02
If you mean Joel, the Rebel Bard, he received no further mention in any fiction or gaming products other than a write up in one of the Dragon Annual magazines. And sleyvas is right, the deity Finder was the Nameless Bard.

-- George Krashos
sleyvas Posted - 13 Mar 2018 : 12:07:34
Wasn't Finder the nameless bard?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000