Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 1e/2e (even 3e) FR products with poster maps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tigon Posted - 25 Mar 2018 : 00:14:27
Well met sages!

I'm looking to fill out my collection of old sourcebooks and modules which contain the fold out poster maps, ESPECIALLY those that fit together, but I'm struggling to find a list which lists the books that have fold out maps and which have maps that fit with the main CS.

From what I've gathered thus far, FR3 Empires of the Sands connects to the maps provided in the original boxed set Campaign setting. Are there more that fit this to form a massive map of all of Faerun?

I currently have:

1st ed Campaign Setting (grey box)
City System
City of Splendors
Ruins of Undermountain

While the later 3 dont 'fit together' per say, they are Waterdeep and the first level of UM so its related.

I understand Shadowdale FRE1 has a map of Shadowdale and the areas surrounding it.

If someone knows of an existing list that details the maps contained in each product you can just point me there.

Yes I do realize there are digital maps available online, but I cant hang those on my walls nor will most print shops print them due to copyrights.

I intend to, basically, wall paper the entire downstairs of my house in maps of Toril.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
farinal Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 10:49:45
3E Campaign Setting and Silver Marches books have poster maps also.
George Krashos Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 02:56:41
All of the regional accessory maps from the old FR# sourcebooks appeared to be drawn to the same scale and "joinable" to the bigger Heartlands/Inner Sea maps of the FR 1E boxed set until the map in FR10 Old Empires came along. That map was noticeably smaller in scale and didn't fit the others. My dream of a massive connected FR map died that day ...

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Mar 2018 : 21:36:45
quote:
Originally posted by Tigon

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I've never tried connecting the maps from different sources...

But here's one thing: if it was one of the boxed sets of 2E, it had 2-4 poster maps, at least. 10 in one case.

I actually wound up with a bunch of duplicate maps, from the boxed sets... By chance, my maps were separated from the rest of my stuff when I lost all my gaming material. So when I replaced it, I had the maps from the ones I'd originally purchased, and the maps from the replacements.

The 10 maps are part of the "City System" boxed set. They all fit together to make a map of Waterdeep

I know. I've got like 3 sets of those maps... And no wall big enough for them.
Tigon Posted - 25 Mar 2018 : 20:21:28
WOW! Thanks Nilonim!!
Nilonim Posted - 25 Mar 2018 : 14:26:22
Hereafter I'll try to list all the products that have maps and their scale, at the moment I cannot check the products. If you need more information I'll check when I'll be back home:

- Campaing Setting: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles) and 2 maps (1 inch = 90 miles)
- kara-Tur campaign setting: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles) and 2 maps (1 inch = 90 miles)
- The Horde campaign setting: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles), 1 maps (1 inch = 90 miles) and a city map
- Maztica Campaign setting: at least 2 maps (I can't remeber esactly, I have to check when i go back home)
- FR1 Waterdeep and the north: 1 map of Waterdeep
- FR2 Moonshae islands: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles)
- FR3 Empires of the ssnds: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles)
- FR5 Savage Frontier: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles)
- FR6 Dreams of the Red Wizards: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles)
- FR9 Bloodstone Lands: 1 map (1 inch = 30 miles)
- FR10 Old Empires: 1 map (1 inch = 72 miles)
- FR11 Dwarves Deep: 1 map (1 inch = 30 miles)
- FR11 Anarouch: 1 map (1 inch = 30 miles)
- FR14 The Great Glacier: 1 map (1 inch = 30 miles)
- FR16 The Shining South: 1 map (1 inch = 90 miles)
- FRM1 Jungle of Chult: 1 map (1 inch = 30 miles)
- FRE1 Shadowdale: 1 map
- FRE2 Tantras: 1 map
- FRE3 Waterdeep: 1 map
- Menzoberranzan: 2 maps
- Ruins of Myth Drannor: 2 maps
- City of Splendor: Waterdeep Map
- Riuns of Zhentil Keep: 1 map of Zenthil Keep and 1 map (1 inch = 90 miles)
- Spellbound: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles)
- The North: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles)
- Land of Intrigue: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles)
- Empires of the Shining sea: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles)
- Vilhon Reach: 1 map (1 inch = 30 miles)
- Moonsea: 1 map (1 inch = 30 miles)
- Dalelands: 1 map (1 inch = 30 miles)
- Cormyr: 1 map (1 inch = ?? miles)
- Fires of Zatal: 1 map
- FA2 Nightmere Keep: 1 map
- FA1 - Halls of the High King: 1 map
- FRA1 - Storm Riders: 1 map (1 inch = 30 miles)
- FRA2 - Black Courser: 1 map
- FRA3 - Blood Charge: 1 map
- FMQ1 - City Of Gold: 1 map (1 inch = ?? miles)
- Netheril Empire of Magic: 2 maps (1 inch = 30 miles)
- Cormanthyr Empire of Elves: 1 map (1 inch = ?? miles)
- The City of Ravens Bluff: 1 map
- Ruins of Undermountain I : 4 maps
- Ruins of Undermountain II : 4 maps

Hope it will be helpful....
Tigon Posted - 25 Mar 2018 : 12:00:29
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

But here's one thing: if it was one of the boxed sets of 2E, it had 2-4 poster maps, at least. 10 in one case.

I actually wound up with a bunch of duplicate maps, from the boxed sets... By chance, my maps were separated from the rest of my stuff when I lost all my gaming material. So when I replaced it, I had the maps from the ones I'd originally purchased, and the maps from the replacements.

The 10 maps are part of the "City System" boxed set. They all fit together to make a map of Waterdeep
Tigon Posted - 25 Mar 2018 : 11:51:00
So from what i can gather the following alsi contain maps that are likely part of the same set

FRCS
Empires of the Sands
Moonshae
The Savage Frontiers
Dreams of Red Wizards
Bloodstone Lands
Old Empires
Dwarves Deep
Anauroch
The Great Glacier
Ruins of Adventure
Jungles of Chult
Ronin Challenge
Test of the Samurai

I think that's all that have a major area map. The Ronin Challenge and Test of the Samurai might only have city maps or rural locals, it isn't specific.

And there's a lot of other products with local maps like Waterrdeep, the city system, ruins of undermountain. But like, the wikipedia doesnt even list Ruins of Zhentil Keep so i don't know how complete this is

Tigon Posted - 25 Mar 2018 : 11:20:58
I have the boxed sets i listed above.

The 1e FRCS had 4 maps. They fit together in 2 sets, so 2 maps each. One is a zoomed out view of a larger area and then the other 2 got together to make a map of a Moore zoomed in regional area.

I found a listing on wikipedia that said the Empires of the Sands also had 2 maps that fit onto the edge of the maps in the FRCS. It also listed The Savage Frontier has 2 maps detailing the Northlands and the Trackless Sea but doesn't elaborate on if it fits with the others. The problem is that wikipedia entries for these are commonly by different authors and inconsistent in what and how they provide details on
Lord Karsus Posted - 25 Mar 2018 : 05:21:27
-DRAGON Magazine had probably the best fold-out maps, with issues 287-290 having four big posters of the map.I think the FRCS did too, except on one sheet of paper?

-Honestly, you best bet in my opinion, is to take Mark's maps and have them printed to whatever scale you want to use. Those are all on the same scale and are all mapped out in the same style at least.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Mar 2018 : 04:38:27

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000