Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 4 Endless Quests Novels coming out

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gyor Posted - 17 Mar 2018 : 18:19:17
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/series/ZEQ/endless-quest

From Penguin Random house, a different publisher then Harper Collins.

Its a Choose you own adventure style books, its D&D, but I don't know if its for FR.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 18 Mar 2018 : 15:34:46
-There's a Spelljammer one too, in the second edition of them. I could see that one kind of being fun. Literally flying around going where ever.
sleyvas Posted - 18 Mar 2018 : 12:02:09
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-I had a choose your own adventure book years ago that I got somewhere or other, from a book re-seller I am guessing. Return to Brookmere. It was technically my introduction to D&D and I didn't even know it until years and years later.

That was one of the original series of Endless Quest books.

The original Endless Quest books were TSR's attempt to cash in on the variable-ending craze of the Choose Your Own Adventure books. A lot of publishers tried to cash in on that craze; given the number of Endless Quest books that were made, I'd say TSR did better than a lot of others.

I don't recall any of the Endless Quest books being set in a specific campaign setting, but then again, I think Greyhawk was the only campaign setting TSR had, at the time.

There were also the Super Endless Quest books, and at least a couple of them were setting-specific. I had a couple of Dragonlance ones, and I think a Realms one or two.

The Super Endless Quest books were kinda like the Steve Jackson Fighting Fantasy gamebooks -- mostly pick your own path books, but with some dice-rolling involved here and there.

The first fantasy fiction I ever read was one of the Endless Quest books -- Under Dragon's Wing.

Yeah, the endless quest series (and I think they had one called Heartquest where they tried to pull in girls into D&D) were either setting agnostic OR greyhawk when it comes to published D&D campaign worlds INITIALLY. They also had a couple Conan and Tarzan ones. They also did Top Secret, Gamma World, and Star Frontiers. It wasn't until like 84'ish that Dragonlance came out and I was reading endless quest a few years prior.

Apparently though, I'm looking and there was an Endless Quest Series Two that came out mid 90's that were aimed at Al-Qadim, Greyhawk, Ravenloft, Gamma World, and DragonStrike.

About 2 years back, I bought a ton of them n amazon for my girlfriend's daughter (she reads a story to her every night).
sno4wy Posted - 18 Mar 2018 : 08:28:28
Which adventure is the "To Catch a Thief" one based on? It seems the others are Out of the Abyss, Storm King's Thunder and Tomb of Annihilation, but other than Xanathar's Guide to Everything (which isn't an adventure) I'm not coming up with something that fits in the same vein as the other adventures do for the other titles in the series.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Mar 2018 : 03:25:34
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-I had a choose your own adventure book years ago that I got somewhere or other, from a book re-seller I am guessing. Return to Brookmere. It was technically my introduction to D&D and I didn't even know it until years and years later.

That was one of the original series of Endless Quest books.

The original Endless Quest books were TSR's attempt to cash in on the variable-ending craze of the Choose Your Own Adventure books. A lot of publishers tried to cash in on that craze; given the number of Endless Quest books that were made, I'd say TSR did better than a lot of others.

I don't recall any of the Endless Quest books being set in a specific campaign setting, but then again, I think Greyhawk was the only campaign setting TSR had, at the time.

There were also the Super Endless Quest books, and at least a couple of them were setting-specific. I had a couple of Dragonlance ones, and I think a Realms one or two.

The Super Endless Quest books were kinda like the Steve Jackson Fighting Fantasy gamebooks -- mostly pick your own path books, but with some dice-rolling involved here and there.

The first fantasy fiction I ever read was one of the Endless Quest books -- Under Dragon's Wing.
Lord Karsus Posted - 18 Mar 2018 : 02:43:42
Gyor Posted - 18 Mar 2018 : 00:53:15
Okay took a closer look, the Endless Quest books are kids books, I think with pictures, so they aren't regular novels, so that explains the diffdrent publishers.
Gyor Posted - 18 Mar 2018 : 00:47:19
So FR books are being published by 3 different publishers, WotC of TRPG books, PRH for endless quest books and Harper Collins for Drizzt books.
Bakra Posted - 17 Mar 2018 : 22:51:32
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/series/ZEQ/endless-quest

From Penguin Random house, a different publisher then Harper Collins.

Its a Choose you own adventure style books, its D&D, but I don't know if its for FR.

Yup, they are set in the Forgotten Realms. When you click on the titles it says, "Welcome to the Forgotten Realms Endless Quest books, where you don’t just read a fantastic tale. You become the hero — and choose your own fate."

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000