Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Question about the search feature

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nblanton Posted - 07 Mar 2018 : 01:33:41
I love the forum and use it a lot in my campaign for ideas and lore. I have one issue I'd like to address with the search feature, though. Currently, when I search for a topic the search merely will return the thread that contains the search criteria. I would love it if the page where the search criteria was located would be highlighted, as many of the scrolls are many pages long, this seems to especially troubling with Ed's responses which are also often the most useful for lore.

Hope that it is something that could be easily added!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayrik Posted - 08 Mar 2018 : 04:01:39
The mighty google search genie can often find relevant scrolls more quickly than the Candlekeep search genie when including the powerful command word site:forum.candlekeep.com within search invocations.

Most browsers contain a "Find" or "Search" function which can highlight text on a page. For Chrome-based browsers this is invoked by pressing Ctrl-F.
Alaundo Posted - 07 Mar 2018 : 07:41:50
Well met

Indeed, it is a known issue and limitation and quite annoying that it does not record and return the actual location. We will not be rectifying this in the current version, but will be a feature in the next forum and site version. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000