Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Who ruled in Cormanthor before the Retreat?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MayNovember Posted - 15 Feb 2018 : 17:37:57
Wondering who ruled the elves, or what was there system of government, during the time after the fall of Myth Drannor, and before the Retreat. I've found references to 'lords of elvencourt' and 'royal family', but that's it.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 29 Feb 2020 : 17:21:04
Seeker MayNovember,

I couldn't find anything myself. However, I expanded it out to Snowblood's, Lost Realms of Cormanthor Vol I and discovered something that might allude to it:

quote:
Founded by refugees from Sharrven, Lisenaar is a realm of difference, established initially by followers of Estelda
Clan. The two major cities, Lisen and Ylraphon are walled against the frequent invasions by orcs from the north and east but are otherwise open to all in stark contrast to their more conservative cousins within the Elven Court and even cosmopolitan Myth Drannor. The population of the realm is made up mainly of Moon and Green elves looking for a life free of the religious and cultural restrictions placed upon people to the west. (Lost Realms of Cormanthor, Vol. I, p.3)

Additionally, on that same page, you will see rulers listed for that city of Lisen for the years you mentioned. I know it doesn't identify Myth Drannor proper, but perhaps it makes for a good starting point?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by MayNovember

Wondering who ruled the elves, or what was there system of government, during the time after the fall of Myth Drannor, and before the Retreat. I've found references to 'lords of elvencourt' and 'royal family', but that's it.

CorellonsDevout Posted - 04 Mar 2018 : 18:33:15
The Elven Court used to be a physical place, established during the Crown Wars, but was destroyed, and the name "Elven Court" was kept for the meetings.
MayNovember Posted - 02 Mar 2018 : 23:47:55
My understanding is that Eltargrim was the final Coronal to rule over Cormanthyr, from Myth Drannor, and their were no other Coronals in that land after his death. I'm curious if there is any cannon realmslore on the Elven Court nobles, or whomever, after the fall of Myth Drannor, until the majority of elves left that place for Evermeet. Also curious what the 'Elven Court' site was like. Much thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

So I posted, but then reread the OP and realized I had misread it, but I will still list what I posted:

The Coronal rules over all (the elves), and the position is somewhat monarchial.

Below the Coronal, there are local rulers of various sites and other cities, such as Semberholme. In other words, noble families.

Then there are the High Mages, which, while not political figures, still hold great influence over the People.

This information was before the Fall of MD, but I sitll believe it is relevant. The Elven Court likely continued to rule. I don't remember if there was a coronal or not, but I know Ilsevele became Coronal after the Reclamation.

CorellonsDevout Posted - 20 Feb 2018 : 02:39:57
The elders of the various villages were likely part of the elven court, too (and, at least before the Fall, would probably have been considered among the "noble families", and would thus be present at elven court meetings).
The Masked Mage Posted - 20 Feb 2018 : 01:22:30
Ed did a post once here about this topic. There were several groups. Each village had Elders. There were the Moonshadows that patrolled around Semberholme. There was also a group that monitored the edges of the forest - I forget the name.

To my knowledge there was not a main leader - and CD is likely right, that was let to the Elven Court.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 19 Feb 2018 : 22:01:12
So I posted, but then reread the OP and realized I had misread it, but I will still list what I posted:

The Coronal rules over all (the elves), and the position is somewhat monarchial.

Below the Coronal, there are local rulers of various sites and other cities, such as Semberholme. In other words, noble families.

Then there are the High Mages, which, while not political figures, still hold great influence over the People.

This information was before the Fall of MD, but I sitll believe it is relevant. The Elven Court likely continued to rule. I don't remember if there was a coronal or not, but I know Ilsevele became Coronal after the Reclamation.
Hoondatha Posted - 16 Feb 2018 : 12:34:51
Nothing has really been written about them, no. The only canon reference I can think of is in the Fall of Myth Drannor module, where it talks briefly about setting up Elven Court in the middle of the war, and that a number of noble houses moved there. I would pick and choose the ones I wanted from the list of noble houses in Cormanthor, skewing it toward the haughtier gold and silver houses.
Brimstone Posted - 15 Feb 2018 : 18:16:20
Check out Snowbloods Deviant art page. He created a lot of Edition Neutral PDF's about the Forgotten Realms Ancient Empires. Some is cannon, some is homebrew. I have a copy of each one saved...

MayNovember Posted - 15 Feb 2018 : 18:02:43
Has there ever been anything written about them?
Hoondatha Posted - 15 Feb 2018 : 17:46:38
There wasn't a singular ruler of the elves of Cormanthor after Eltargrym died. The Elven Court was ruled by a council of nobles, sort of like Evermeet was ruled before Zaor.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000