Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Other Realms: Forgotten Realms Supplements

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalor Darden Posted - 07 Feb 2018 : 17:25:24
A series of products based on Realms which touch upon or have influenced the Forgotten Realms.

The product list envisioned is as follows:
quote:

Other Realms: The Orc-World of Ekur

The world from which the Gray Orcs of the Orcgate Wars were spawned.

Contents:

• The Atlas of Ekur: containing major cities and realms alongside landmarks and geographical locations such as seas, and deserts, with general flora and fauna

• The Cultures of Ekur: which contains information about the races of the Orc World; as well as how they interact with each other. This section will explain the various Orc Races to be found as well as others that can be used as Player Characters

• The History of Ekur: where all the history of the world will be found; both in Local Reckoning and in Dales Reckoning

• The Gods of Ekur: containing both an expanded Orcish Pantheon, as well as Gods, Demons, Devils and others worshiped within the world and by whom

• The Magic of Ekur: containing unique magical items and spells from both the orcs and other races

• Adventuring in Ekur: two adventures will be found; one based on Orcs as the adventuring party and the other for adventurers from Faerūn. This section will also include additional adventure material and suggestions for campaigns

• Alternate Dice & Design Bonus Section: a section with easy mechanics for earlier editions of Dungeons and Dragons

• Cartography: by Mark Taylor, Artistic Contributors are not currently selected.

Nearing completion. Estimated Length: 50k+ word count; current design/layout has 40k words. Projected release date is tentatively set at mid March.

quote:

Other Realms: The Realms of Nemed (working title)

A world of Celtic Myth where many of the gods of the Forgotten Realms have dealings; as well as where the builders of the Citadel of the Raven retreated to in the face of opposition by giants.

Projected scope will be similar to other Other Realms works. No release date as of now.

quote:

Other Realms: The Realms of the Aesir and Vanir (working title)

A Nordic world from whence Tyr came to the Forgotten Realms. Tentatively we are looking at how to connect this world to the Northmen of the Forgotten Realms.

Projected scope will be similar to other Other Realms works. No release date as of now.

quote:

Other Realms: The Faerie Realms (working title)

A world of Elves and Fey; part of the Realm of Faerie (the Feywild). Humanity has rarely set foot here; and other races certainly haven't without dire consequences. Ruled by Fey Nobles who oversee the protection of their various principalities against incursion by Giants and worse.

Other works/titles are currently being decided on.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dalor Darden Posted - 09 Feb 2018 : 15:36:19
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Not even close.

Compare the number of Orc Gods to the number of Human Gods

Human gods in a single pantheon of a single culture? About the right number. Could take 1-2 lesser/a handful of local deities, but in Realms those would be not specifically orcish anyway: across-the-species guises of opportunistic lesser powers (like Auril), and a few of obscure Abyss layer princes (because they're desperate and willing to gamble) and elemental powers (because why not, as usual).

In Faerun alone there are over 50 human gods...not demons, devils or any other such. That doesn't count Unther, Mulhorand, Kar-Tur or anywhere else...only the Faerunian Pantheon.
TBeholder Posted - 09 Feb 2018 : 11:51:01
quote:

Not even close.

Human gods in a single pantheon of a single culture? About the right number. Could take 1-2 lesser/a handful of local deities, but in Realms those would be not specifically orcish anyway: across-the-species guises of opportunistic lesser powers (like Auril), and a few of obscure Abyss layer princes (because they're desperate and willing to gamble) and elemental powers (because why not, as usual).
Dalor Darden Posted - 08 Feb 2018 : 21:17:55
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I suspect Dukagsh was some sort of near-divinity to begin with. He turned a bunch of orcs into something entirely new, and then became a deity. It seems to me that this would be a lot more likely to occur if he was already partway along the path to divinity, to start with. Maybe he was some sort of Chosen, or the offspring of a deity...

I'd guess offspring too...could have even been an Avatar or some such that took the body of an Orc during the Inhuman Wars and then left a divine spark in the body after leaving.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Feb 2018 : 20:50:15
I suspect Dukagsh was some sort of near-divinity to begin with. He turned a bunch of orcs into something entirely new, and then became a deity. It seems to me that this would be a lot more likely to occur if he was already partway along the path to divinity, to start with. Maybe he was some sort of Chosen, or the offspring of a deity...
Dalor Darden Posted - 08 Feb 2018 : 19:11:20
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:

The expanded Orc Pantheon has become so much bigger than I thought it was going to be.

It may require it's own book...

Gruumsh, Bahgtru, Ilneval, Luthic, Shargaas, Yurtrus, local ascended heroes like Gerdreg, Dukagsh and later Obould. That was not enough?

Not even close.

TBeholder Posted - 08 Feb 2018 : 18:53:34
quote:

The expanded Orc Pantheon has become so much bigger than I thought it was going to be.

Gruumsh, Bahgtru, Ilneval, Luthic, Shargaas, Yurtrus, local ascended heroes like Gerdreg, Dukagsh and later Obould. That was not enough?
Dalor Darden Posted - 08 Feb 2018 : 16:30:41

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000