Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Manx Family

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalor Darden Posted - 13 Aug 2010 : 18:29:11
Does anyone know what happened to Midnight's (Ariel Manx) family?

I can't recall if they are mentioned in the Time of Troubles Trilogy, and I don't have those novels any longer.

Specifically there was:

Theus Manx: the father (a commoner merchant)

Paiyse Manx: the Mother (a commoner wife)

Rysana Manx: the older sister (also a Wizard)

Tar (last name unknown): her first magical instructor, and later future brother-in-law to be wed to Rysana

Is there anything concerning these four?

I somehow picture the new Mystra perhaps looking out for her family...unless they are all dead.

I also thought that perhaps Rysana, being a wizard too, might have become somewhat important since her sister was the new Goddess of Magic.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LordofBones Posted - 11 Feb 2018 : 11:49:12
This shouldn't surprise anyone. Look at Dornal Silverhand.

Mystra 2 cutting ties with her family is kind of insignificant, as far as divine-mortal relations go. Dornal and Xvim definitely got the short end of the stick.

Meanwhile, Pathfinder has Cayden Cailean, who elevated his prostitute best friend and his pet dog to immortality, and uses said dog's pup as a planar ally. Dude is like the ultimate bro. And Urgathoa genuinely loved her husband so much that she encourages her followers to get hitched so they can enjoy true love as she did, and she's basically the goddess of depraved kinks.
Markustay Posted - 09 Feb 2018 : 01:17:34
Or, perhaps she made everyone forget about them after she became a god?

Being an ascended mortal-turned-god might be like being a superhero - you need a 'secret identity' to protect the ones you love.

EDIT:
So Midnight was a little Manx?
sleyvas Posted - 09 Feb 2018 : 01:13:24
no, but I've often wondered if they weren't implanted memories
Dalor Darden Posted - 08 Feb 2018 : 17:49:36
<bump>

This is still of interest to me...and I was wondering if anyone knew of any new developments regarding the Manx family.
Eltheron Posted - 21 Sep 2010 : 18:02:14
Wasn't Ariel's father featured in a fairly recent adventure? I can't remember exactly what it was, but there was something about him being corrupted by Shar in some way. Definitely was an official WotC product, though I can't recall if it was Dragon or one of the last modules/books.
Darsson Spellmaker Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 07:24:36
Apparently they were never important enough to merit another mention in lore ever again. Certainly Midnight seemed to cut her ties with her family in order to adventure. It might be that later on they were all killed in the chaos of the Time of Troubles, and by the time the new Mystra was reborn, the souls of her family would have gone on the homeplanes of their respective gods, too late for her to do anything about it.
It seems most ascended mortals tend to not to bother with their families once they become divine. Finder Wyvernspur and Siamorphe both come from noble families, but nothing is ever said about such families enjoying the favor or perks (such as there are) that come from having a divine relative.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000