Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep Seminar 2018

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
George Krashos Posted - 27 Jan 2018 : 13:11:37
I know this is far-off but I thought I might throw it open to the group as to what trifling prose from my pen the attendees (and a bit after, the general membership of this forum) of the seminar might be interested in reading about this year. More Impiltur lore? New spells? Magic items? Details on a place or person? Would appreciate the feedback so I can plan and craft lore accordingly.

-- George Krashos
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Red Walker Posted - 30 Jan 2018 : 18:26:11
Anything devoid of dark elves and zombies would be most welcome and appreciated
Gary Dallison Posted - 29 Jan 2018 : 11:48:32
Something more specific, how about a city writeup of the only settlement in Narfell (i cant remember its name)

Its Bildobaris
George Krashos Posted - 29 Jan 2018 : 11:01:59
Articles about Narfell and Raumathar are doable but remember there's about a 6 page limit and a few more specific suggestions would help.

-- George Krashos
Shadowsoul Posted - 29 Jan 2018 : 06:14:59
Raumathar material would be great.
Gary Dallison Posted - 28 Jan 2018 : 21:22:38
Okay, I've searched through all your posts and have settled on my request.

I'd quite like an article revolving around an organisation in Impiltur/Damara.

Failing that any article about Narfell would be a second choice.
TomCosta Posted - 28 Jan 2018 : 15:01:52
I've always wanted them to better develop the Dragon Coast. Aside from Westgate, there's lots of bits and pieces (some seemingly contradictory), but little holistic out there.
Gareth Posted - 28 Jan 2018 : 13:45:24
I'd love to see more stuff like "The Burning Tome". The lore in that was amazing, and I love that we're seeing more information on The Covenant.

sleyvas Posted - 28 Jan 2018 : 12:43:28
Hmmm, and something that just came to mind regarding the above. One of the things with the Isle of Sahu down in Zakhara from Complete Necromancer's is that there's this archdevil named Thasmudyan who is worshipped there. There is also a city named Ereshkigal. IF Thasmudyan equals Nergal, and Nergal IS a "rogue" archdevil, that might be a nice way to tie these two into a bow that wouldn't make many people upset I'm thinking.
sleyvas Posted - 28 Jan 2018 : 12:38:09
George,

I know that me and Dazz several years ago were kind of throwing around ideas of Dun-Tharos, which leads into Narfell, since it was at the capital of Narfell. Obviously, it was Narathmault before that according to Canon. Prior to that, I had it being a hag community I named Bheuristahl that had dealings with the local giants and ogres of Ostoria. Prior to THAT (which would have been like maybe the time of the sarrukh) we had it as the lair of Chupoclops, the giant "spirit" spider that hunted down souls and spirit beings. However, we never delved the place heavily, nor the surrounding woods. Given the closesness of Narfell, Pholzubbalt "the boneyard", the nearby crypt where Gilgeam force interred the living bodies of Nergal's family after Nergal's death (the Great Barrow in LEoF), and the large number of demonic entities interested in the area.... and then the elven communities that have come to this same area... plus the novel that kind of delved it with the follower of Lurue working against the priests of Talona... I'd love to see some kind of article which delves the area of dun-tharos in particular, but also the rawlinswood over time. In fact, just to throw out there, it seems that Orcus' interest in the area didn't occur until AFTER Nergal was entombed there.... and there is also another canon Nergal (archdevil) involved with the forgotten realms. So, is the Nergal the devil the same Nergal that was chosen by Ereshkigal to be her husband? Are there ties between Nergal and Jergal that encouraged Gilgeam to not bury him with the "rest of the family"? Did Nergal betray the Untheric Pantheon? Anyway, just throwing out ideas. I think you personally would have fun with the concepts.
George Krashos Posted - 28 Jan 2018 : 06:58:48
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

High Forest

There is lots of lore I could provide on the High Forest but it would be derivative and with the taint of plagiarism. Eric Boyd has covered the unpublished field in this regard. Anywhere else strikes a chord?

— George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Jan 2018 : 04:05:19
Perhaps one of the mythal places that has gotten little coverage?

And I know it's not your gig, but I'd still love to see the lore on Susprina Arkenneld that Ed once promised he could share after a particular NDA got out of the way.
George Krashos Posted - 28 Jan 2018 : 02:39:52
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

High Forest

There is lots of lore I could provide on the High Forest but it would be derivative and with the taint of plagiarism. Eric Boyd has covered the unpublished field in this regard. Anywhere else strikes a chord?

— George Krashos
Markustay Posted - 27 Jan 2018 : 21:48:13
"Lost dwarven Mines of the North"

We really don't get enough good dwarf lore.
Shadowsoul Posted - 27 Jan 2018 : 21:38:11
High Forest
Seethyr Posted - 27 Jan 2018 : 14:59:07
I’d love to see lore tied up from the past that never found its conclusion. Particularly themes that were abandoned during an edition change. Personally, I’d love to know what is going on in the Great Glacier these days.
Varl Posted - 27 Jan 2018 : 14:53:58
I've always been fond of what I like to call Short Lore, a la Elminster's Everwinking Eye articles that can be placed anywhere, used anytime and can add directly to any adventure as Side Treks. To me, that's where the real magic of the Realms lies.
Gary Dallison Posted - 27 Jan 2018 : 14:23:39
Possibly the most important decision i will have to make this year. It bears some thinking on.

Do i want to know more about impiltur, do i want more lore on damara or narfell, do i want more of the swords of impiltur, do i want to know about that hobgoblin nation soneillon is building.

Of course what i want is now always historical in nature so that may not be the same as others here.

I shall spend the next week perusing your thread to see what is the tastiest plot hook you have delivered yet.
Zeromaru X Posted - 27 Jan 2018 : 13:45:06
Oh, I'd love to see an updated lore on any region besides the Sword Coast/Heartlands/Chult.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000