Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Map of Castle Never and its dungeons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matrix Sorcica Posted - 24 Jan 2018 : 18:56:38
As far as I know, the castle and its dungeons have never been mapped. I would like suggestions for how existing maps (and possibly modifiable associated adventures) can be used as stand in or inspiration.
Just going to drop a few that I know of from published adventures, but don't think is quite there:
Scarwall
Maure Castle
Tower of the Mad Archmage
Ruins of Castle Greyhawk
Barrowmaze (for the dungeons)
Lord Drake's Castle (http://www.0onegames.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/386)

Others?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Silver Sage Posted - 26 Jan 2018 : 15:31:36
When in a pinch, if you need fully populated dungeon/castle (with a map of course) you can just go here:

https://donjon.bin.sh/5e/dungeon/

Markustay Posted - 25 Jan 2018 : 20:15:41
I consider ALL published products 'a starting point'.

Granted, some are better than others.
The Masked Mage Posted - 25 Jan 2018 : 15:26:58
The Darkhold floorplans were terrible, IMO. Basically the only thing about them that was unique at that time was the "built by giants" take. Pretty much anyone could look at the Darkhold pictures and design a more interesting castle interior.

I used the one in the box but made a LOT of extra-dimensional spaces and other magical secrets that made it much more fun.

Somewhere on this site is a scroll where I found the map from the undercellars of Darkhold in one of the 2nd Ed. products as well.
Matrix Sorcica Posted - 25 Jan 2018 : 07:56:36
Thanks! Sounds very useful.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jan 2018 : 02:27:49
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

EDIT:
Also, somewhere there are floorplans to The Darkhold. The product that was in escapes me ATM (it wasn't FR, strangely, it was a generic productive with castle plans for several settings). Its not 2e's Castle Sites - I just checked (and thats another good resource, BTW). Found it! It was in a very similar-sounding product, Castles, also 2e, and also a good resource. It has three different castles in it, Darkhold from FR, one from GH, and one from DL.

I'd never heard of that boxed set until after I'd found the Darkhold book on eBay, by itself. After I got that, I went back and found the boxed set.
Markustay Posted - 25 Jan 2018 : 01:46:51
Yeah, it sounds to me like Castle Greyhawk might be your best fit.

There are some others, like Keep on the Borderlands and Frontier Forts of Kelnore (very old products), but those are Keeps, and probably much too small for a castle like that. You may also want to try and look at RW castle floorplans, like Buckingham palace, and then just adapt dungeon stuff from the modules over to it.

EDIT:
Also, somewhere there are floorplans to The Darkhold. The product that was in escapes me ATM (it wasn't FR, strangely, it was a generic productive with castle plans for several settings). Its not 2e's Castle Sites - I just checked (and thats another good resource, BTW). Found it! It was in a very similar-sounding product, Castles, also 2e, and also a good resource. It has three different castles in it, Darkhold from FR, one from GH, and one from DL.
Matrix Sorcica Posted - 24 Jan 2018 : 20:16:59
Thanks for the suggestion. In my experience, computer game maps rarely work great for table top rpgs. I'll check it out though.
Zeromaru X Posted - 24 Jan 2018 : 19:56:53
I suggest you to read the guides for the MMO or Neverwinter Nights 2. Some have maps of the dungeons and such.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/neverwinternights2/walkthrough/castlenever.php
https://www.uscvb.net/insanes/2016/09/11/neverwinter-castle-never-guide/

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000