Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings! New here, also need some lore help.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Syrah Merlot the Lich Posted - 16 Jan 2018 : 13:56:50
Hello.
I'm currently planning my LARP character, who went through a few serious sh*tstorms thanks to our GMs. Details aside for the moment, as a result I need to become a seriously high-standing Sharran agent. Preferably nominated by Shar personally, which is kinda alright, because the character has already seen a few gods and is a really curious case. I'm a total zero in Sharran lore and I need help to add the missing links to the story.
Basic details: human again (was a lich, don't ask -_-), high-level dark magic user, quite notorious as well venerated as a hero by some, in between Lawful Evil and Chaotic Neutral.
"Last page" so far: is thrown back into the devastated and undead-infested Neverwinter. Disoriented, almost helpless and trying to stay alive. He reaches his former mentor's library (the mentor was the grand poobah of all the local wizards, also a secret illithid). The library wasn't ravaged due to powerful wards and secret location, so there is still a ton of SERIOUS goodies there. The character takes something and... *gap* ...vows to weaken Sharess to let his mistress Shar devour her. Becomes a shade-like non-cleric agent of Shar.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm kinda out right now. Maybe something from the Palace of Loss? An enclosed essence of some long-defeated Nightbringer or some other deity high-level follower? A special contract?

Thanks!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thraskir Skimper Posted - 18 Jun 2018 : 04:17:52
Intelligent magic weapon with greater ability scores than yours. Yes that door stop that looked like a dagger wasn't just a dagger. Or maybe you ate a snail?
Fineva Posted - 30 Jan 2018 : 08:53:57
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

Do you still have this "something" or at least know where and how to access it? And what is it anyway? A weapon? worn item? To pile on Masked Mage's conjecture of a cursed magic item, I would check if said item was crafted through the Shadow Weave. I would expect your spellcasting would have to shift from Mystra's Weave to the Shadow Weave if you are to be a highly placed Sharran agent.
-Delnyn

The above seems good! The Ring of Winter for instance is made using the weave, but is still intelligent and possessive. The wearer may not know all about Auril or whatever made the ring, just knows it wants "X" ... Similar object made by Shar would have profound differences. The goddess needs you to do something, will get some power so you can do it, but basically it's based on need to know. Here is a start at shadow weave stuff and items;
http://www.realmshelps.net/magic/shadow.shtml
Delnyn Posted - 21 Jan 2018 : 01:39:57
Do you still have this "something" or at least know where and how to access it? And what is it anyway? A weapon? worn item? To pile on Masked Mage's conjecture of a cursed magic item, I would check if said item was crafted through the Shadow Weave. I would expect your spellcasting would have to shift from Mystra's Weave to the Shadow Weave if you are to be a highly placed Sharran agent.
-Delnyn
Alaundo Posted - 17 Jan 2018 : 22:07:59
Well met, Syrah Merlot the Lich.

Welcome to Candlekeep. Enjoy thy stay in these vast halls of knowledge.
The Masked Mage Posted - 17 Jan 2018 : 02:19:17
Sounds like some sort of possession, or control from a magical item curse.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000