Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 "New D&D novels" coming! (Possibly not FR...)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John Daker Posted - 13 Nov 2017 : 20:48:07
New D&D novels confirmed!

Not announced yet, but confirmed. They haven't been confirmed as new Forgotten Realms novels, just "D&D novels". But given that FR is the default setting for 5e, I'd be pretty surprised if none of the new novels in question is FR-based.

The info is buried near the end of the most recent "Fireside Chat" with Nathan Stewart. Here's the link: https://go.twitch.tv/videos/187340382

At 1:06:27 he answers the question:

"Will there be any new D&D novels in the future?"

And the answer is very exciting indeed:

"Yes there will. However, I'm not going to spoil the details on that. But we are working, and hopefully we should have some announcements in Q1 of next year. And those announcements aren't going to be like, 'Oh my god, we got things like multi-years off in the future' and whatnot. Our approach is to try and get everything buttoned up and done and dialed in before we announce. There still might be a lag-time between announcements and, you know, getting new stuff and whatnot, but we have been working on that in the background, we do have plans, we do have some concrete plans that are in the works. So the answer is yes, but we can't really talk about it until early next year."
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Caolin Posted - 09 Feb 2018 : 06:01:17
quote:
Originally posted by Taleras

quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

Yeah, this is the guy that I didn't like. Although he does do voices for the characters, most of the time he was just reading rather than acting.....which I find really boring. I guess I've just been spoiled by Roy Dotrice, Jefferson Mays, Nigel Planer, & Marc Thompson.

Of those, I have only listened to Marc Thompson, but he is AMAZING!

I would love for FR novels have someone like Marc Thompson be the voice of the Realms. Someone who really acts and not just reads the text. I also feel it needs to be read in a more serious manner. Some voice narrators can be a bit hokey with Fantasy.
Taleras Posted - 09 Feb 2018 : 02:44:00
quote:

Yeah, this is the guy that I didn't like. Although he does do voices for the characters, most of the time he was just reading rather than acting.....which I find really boring. I guess I've just been spoiled by Roy Dotrice, Jefferson Mays, Nigel Planer, & Marc Thompson.

Of those, I have only listened to Marc Thompson, but he is AMAZING!
Shadowsoul Posted - 08 Feb 2018 : 16:11:37
James Marsters was fantastic doing the Dresden Files on audio.
Caolin Posted - 08 Feb 2018 : 02:20:49
quote:
Originally posted by Taleras

I thought Victor Bevine (I think that's his name) did a great job with the Drizzt and Cadderly books. I haven't really listened to many other Realms novels though, so maybe the other narrators aren't quite up to par.

Taleras Posted - 07 Feb 2018 : 22:58:57
I thought Victor Bevine (I think that's his name) did a great job with the Drizzt and Cadderly books. I haven't really listened to many other Realms novels though, so maybe the other narrators aren't quite up to par.
Caolin Posted - 07 Feb 2018 : 17:29:05
Harper Collins huh? Well maybe we can get some decent Realms audio books this time. I couldn't stand the voice actors form the past novels.
Gyor Posted - 07 Feb 2018 : 15:11:55
quote:
Originally posted by Bravesteel

quote:

Believe it when I see it.

quote:
Originally posted by Mirtek

WotC's latest statement about novels: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?597471-The-State-of-D-amp-D-Products-Psionics-Settings-amp-More&p=7272865&viewfull=1#post7272865

Relevant part: "On Forgotten Realms novels: They feel the novel business is very tricky, and they are a game company. They're not necessarily good at novels business. They don't have a good plan for novels, and they do not have a novel publishing expert on their team right now. It's not something they say they will never do again, it's just not their focus this year. They would consider a partnership, but they're not looking for it."

Yup, I'm with Caolin on this one.

They found their partnership with Harper Collins, what I hear is the biggest publisher in the world. Perhaps this will bode well for future opportunities for tge Forgotten Realms.
Gyor Posted - 07 Feb 2018 : 15:07:52
quote:
Originally posted by John Daker

New D&D novels confirmed!

Not announced yet, but confirmed. They haven't been confirmed as new Forgotten Realms novels, just "D&D novels". But given that FR is the default setting for 5e, I'd be pretty surprised if none of the new novels in question is FR-based.

The info is buried near the end of the most recent "Fireside Chat" with Nathan Stewart. Here's the link: https://go.twitch.tv/videos/187340382

At 1:06:27 he answers the question:

"Will there be any new D&D novels in the future?"

And the answer is very exciting indeed:

"Yes there will. However, I'm not going to spoil the details on that. But we are working, and hopefully we should have some announcements in Q1 of next year. And those announcements aren't going to be like, 'Oh my god, we got things like multi-years off in the future' and whatnot. Our approach is to try and get everything buttoned up and done and dialed in before we announce. There still might be a lag-time between announcements and, you know, getting new stuff and whatnot, but we have been working on that in the background, we do have plans, we do have some concrete plans that are in the works. So the answer is yes, but we can't really talk about it until early next year."

I knew it would ultimately more then just Drizzt.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 06 Jan 2018 : 16:05:25
Any further news?
mastermustard Posted - 05 Jan 2018 : 17:39:37
I do know that Keith Baker has been trying to get more Eberron support for awhile. I'd be happy with FR or Eberron novels, to be honest. Just give us something.
Bravesteel Posted - 29 Nov 2017 : 22:57:53
quote:

quote:

Us profile pic brothers need to stick together!!

I thought you looked familiar! ;)
Caolin Posted - 29 Nov 2017 : 22:56:51
quote:

Us profile pic brothers need to stick together!!
Bravesteel Posted - 28 Nov 2017 : 02:03:42
quote:

quote:

WotC's latest statement about novels: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?597471-The-State-of-D-amp-D-Products-Psionics-Settings-amp-More&p=7272865&viewfull=1#post7272865

Relevant part: "On Forgotten Realms novels: They feel the novel business is very tricky, and they are a game company. They're not necessarily good at novels business. They don't have a good plan for novels, and they do not have a novel publishing expert on their team right now. It's not something they say they will never do again, it's just not their focus this year. They would consider a partnership, but they're not looking for it."

Caolin Posted - 14 Nov 2017 : 06:03:03

quote:

CorellonsDevout Posted - 13 Nov 2017 : 21:09:29
I am cautiously hopeful, but not sure how much I believe.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000