Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Advice and suggestions please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
justdave Posted - 16 Dec 2017 : 23:27:18
So, I've had a request to run a single adventure blossom into a request to run a campaign.
I am running White Plume Mountain (the requested game) and I've placed it near Mt Hotenow.
And now I've hit a blank :(
I was thinking that once the three items are recovered from the dungeon, they will be stolen once the party get back to the village.
And then the inspiration dried up.
Any suggestions?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 18 Dec 2017 : 14:05:49
So, are the players coming out of Neverwinter or Waterdeep or somewhere else?
justdave Posted - 18 Dec 2017 : 10:07:00
Thanks Guys I'm using the White Plume Mountain converted to 5ed found in "Tales of the Yawning Portal". Two issues about running the other 5ed stuff that's commercially available; firstly, the group that I'm running for has already looked over MOST of the available modules (I know they CAN play without player knowledge, but it DOES detract from the fun for the player), hence my desire to run 'home-brewed' adventures.
The party has started at L8 (as they were all fed up with starting games at low level only to have GM's bail and have to start again).
I didn't realize there was a "Return to ....", thanks Mage.
Markustay, I may have to retcon my intro to make it possible to use the 4ed as inspiration, but I originally placed the adventure in 1370-ish.
The Masked Mage Posted - 17 Dec 2017 : 05:05:11
Clarification - are you running white plume mt or return to white plume mt. ?
Markustay Posted - 17 Dec 2017 : 00:04:06
What are you looking for? What are the items? What levels are we talking about? There is a plethora of material surrounding nearby Neverwinter and its environs. Besides the Lost Mine of Phandelver starting adventure, you could also run Princes of the Apocalypse, and/or Storm King's thunder. This, assuming you are running 5e.

Back in the day - for 'lore reason's' - I would have recommended placing White Plume Mountain where Mount Ghaethluntar is, being all alone and in the far north, where it won't disturb anything. However, being more of a 'just play the game' person these days, you probably picked one of the best placements, based upon what else you can use moving forward. There is also the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, which may give you some ideas (for 5e), or if you don't mind mining older sources, there the two Volo's guides - the one of The North, and the one of The sword Coast.

And if you REALLY don't mind going far-afield for something to do, you can use the (unfinished as of yet) Nentir Vale conversion map I am doing, which is RIGHT THERE, (In the homebrew lore I attached to it, 'Nentir Vale' is actually just a reduction of 'Neverwinter Vale'), and then you have all of 4e to get adventures from (you'll have to convert stuff, of course... but you did say you were running WPM, which means you already are converting stuff... or you're running an od edition).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000