Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Sword Coast Legends No Longer Available End of Dec

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Veritas Posted - 11 Dec 2017 : 16:18:45
As the topic says, Sword Coast Legends will no longer be available for purchase at the end of December. NSpace, the developer closed down last year and the publisher, Digital Extremes, has their contract ending shortly. There is a final sale for those who are interested, and then it should be gone for good.

As a personal note, I enjoyed it for the simple action fest it was. It wasn't a great game, but it felt like a traditional romp, even if the ruleset was more inspired by D&D 5e than anything else.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 12 Dec 2017 : 23:01:50
PC or Console?
Thojan Ralwens Posted - 12 Dec 2017 : 13:00:27
I am interested in whatever comments owners of the game can provide. Are there specific locations that are explored ? I am not wondering because of the price, but rather the time I'd have to put into it.
Delwa Posted - 12 Dec 2017 : 07:30:58
I'm glad I own it. Sad that I'll never be able to introduce anyone else to it. Being able to play with friends is always fun, and I really enjoyed the NPC banter. Hommit Shaw was great, and all the little tidbits of lore, like exotic foods from various parts of the Realms was fun to explore. Oh well.
ZeshinX Posted - 11 Dec 2017 : 23:34:31
I found the ruleset more inspired by Dragon Age than anything else. Perspective is a funny, old thing. :)

The game tried to do too much and did all of it quite poorly (my opinion). Playable(ish), but at the end of the day, a lousy game. I'd be hard pressed to even recommend it at 67% off (still not worth it really)...but hey, I suppose it's a small price to pay to satisfy curiosity.

I do hope the nSpace devs managed to land on their collective feet at other studios, but the game itself deserved the fate it found.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000