Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Diffan Posted - 03 Sep 2017 : 09:12:38
Tales from Candlekeep: Tome of Annihilation

PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Tales from Candlekeep
ON STEAM
Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation, a turn-based dungeon-crawling game based on the Dungeons & Dragons Adventure System board games.

On the deadly peninsula of Chult, an adventuring party must fight their way through dangerous jungles, labyrinths and dungeons to find and reverse the cause of the death curse. Choose to play as one or more of the four adventurers (Artus Cimber, Asharra, Birdsong, and Dragonbait) to face many perilous challenges and deadly foes throughout the quest.

ITEM DETAILS

Platforms: Windows PC, Mac (via Steam)
Release Date: Fall 2017
ENHANCED FEATURES

Unique Quests: The procedural map generation allows every quest to remain unique even when replaying them multiple times.
Over 40 Quests: The game features a mix of Main Story quests and Side quests.
A board game experience brought to life: The game highlights most of the features from the popular board game, combined with features unique to the digital version.
Craft your way to Victory: Collect rare crafting materials. Craft powerful weapons and armors to strengthen your heroes.

So I guess the griping and complaining can commence now...
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Martinsky Posted - 25 Oct 2017 : 02:42:40
Turn based are my favorite I played a lot. This seem great I will probably try it, but at 1st sight if it cool it will not be for the D&D part but for the gameplay. This game seem far from the most important thing in D&D character creation customisation. It cool to have some pregenerated character but for Npc or companion. Pregenerated can be nice in some kind of Capcom vs Marvel or something like this with all the famous heroes, but it will be totaly fiction.
The thing I cant believe it in 2017 we didnt got any game similar to NWN as turn based tactical for D&D. Or like virtual table top but with some effect. Turn based can be real popular and fun if they are well made just check the last X-com, it almost a 1010 game, the only thing we can say it feel to short.
I remember some tentative in D&D like Pool of Radiance or Temple of Elmental evil or Nerverwinter heroes. None have the deep & you better play with miniature.
Baldur's GAte 2 SoA his my favorite of all time, but with a tactical combat and a easy campaign & world creation it can made a nice emulation of tabletop game. If they can come up with a good engine(infinity was good, they still make game similar like PoE) and keep on developing thing on it without always restart thing, it what hurt the must. Deep character creation with lot of custom appearance and campaign editor it what people want for a D&D game outside some cool hack&slash arcade game. It easy to make a good looking game even with retro graphic those day, so focusing on the gameplay can be easy. Moding community for game are a must for game in 2017. If they do a game for FR that got popular, some will want to add thing or change of setting, modder help make game better and adding deep. Lot of devlopper are aware of this and we some more and more game with mods friendly style & support.

TO conclude on the game Candlekeep Tomb of ANilation from the preview I think I look be better for tablet and mobile.
moonbeast Posted - 24 Oct 2017 : 07:53:31
Ugh… turn based.
Caolin Posted - 16 Oct 2017 : 05:29:41
quote:
Originally posted by Ephiron

It has been released on steam. Anybody tried it? From what I could gather it seems to be getting positive reception as a board game adaptation. How does it fare lore-wise? The map seems to suggest it is set before the Sundering.

It's a decent game although it needs a lot of work. The crafting system is borked but the devs have admitted that they are working on a better system. There's not much in a way of lore though. Just a few familiar characters. Overall I'd say for $15 it's worth a look. The devs seem to be continuing work on it which is a positive sign IMO. If you're just in it for the lore I'd say it's a hard pass.
Ephiron Posted - 13 Oct 2017 : 01:08:52
It has been released on steam. Anybody tried it? From what I could gather it seems to be getting positive reception as a board game adaptation. How does it fare lore-wise? The map seems to suggest it is set before the Sundering.
Delwa Posted - 03 Sep 2017 : 18:06:26
It's a electronic version of a boardgame similar to Castle Ravenloft, Legend of Drizzt, and Wrath of Ashardalon?

And one may play as Dragonbait?

I'm not going to complain.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000