Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Fort Dalton

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xmaxx Posted - 19 Dec 2015 : 12:34:10
Any info about this place situated north of Ylraphon?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 12 Sep 2017 : 14:49:36
Hmmmm... this present problems for me...

I expanded the mouth of the river for my new map (I wanted there to be some evidence of all the water-movement at the beginning of the 4e era, and then again at the beginning of the 5e era, and I figured this would be the least conspicuous place to do so. For four editions people have left this little corner alone, and now that I nuked it people are using it. {sigh}

Anyone know anything about the Lighthouse with the same name? I'm thinking the fort and lighthouse both belonged to Lis (the ruins) at some point.
Cyrinishad Posted - 23 Dec 2015 : 14:11:14
I did some research on this place for my campaign, but it's pretty light on details... The most details are contained in one of the Adventurer's League modules, but even then it's mostly up to DM interpretation.

The things that I found noteworthy were:
1. It was turned to rubble by dragons that turned things to stone with their breath.
2. Prior to its destruction, it was home to Griffon-Riders
3. One of the Elemental Evil Cults used it recently (5e time-period)
4. There is ruins of a town that is mostly overgrown by the forest surrounding the fort.

The things that I added to it for my campaign (non-canon):
1. It is haunted by the ghost of Lord Dalton
2. Mulmaster is rebuilding the fort now that the cult is gone.
3. The fort is on a cliff, and the River Dalton creates a waterfall into the River Lis on either side of the Fort's Ruins.
4. A bridge extends from the ruins of Fort Dalton, and spans the River Lis... Enabling whomever controls Fort Dalton to control access to the Moonsea.
xaeyruudh Posted - 20 Dec 2015 : 06:55:26
There's a tiny blurb on the last page of the Player's Guide in the 2e Moonsea book. Just that it was blasted to rubble "during one of the many dragon migrations" and (according to rumor) some kind of cult now (circa 1367) inhabits it. That suggests that there are subterranean levels, but there's nothing else about it printed on the page.
Wrigley Posted - 19 Dec 2015 : 13:15:22
Haven't found much officialy, for me it is old ruined fort that guarded river Lis entrance to Moonsea and was probably destroyed by Zhentarim when they (Mulmaster guards) required a toll or tryed otherwise to limit access. I do not see any other reason to build fort there.
In my campaign the ruin was later used as supporting structure for new slaughterhouse.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000