Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Character's kit from AD&D to 3.5

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Marco Volo Posted - 11 Sep 2017 : 12:00:20
Hi,
I have the idea to incorporate some of the kit rules from Wizards and Rogues + Warriors and Priests of the Realms to characters created for the 3.5 édition (the Advantages/Inconvenients rules). But it seams very hard at first sight.
Did some of you ever tried this ? Advise could be very useful :)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TBeholder Posted - 28 Sep 2017 : 12:02:47
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

A lot of the kit powers also work well as feats.

Well, yeah - regional kits became Regional feats.
quote:

essentially converted a lot of the 2E god kits and some of the specialty priest powers into feats.

There are "Initiate" feats, and a few others.
TomCosta Posted - 12 Sep 2017 : 15:39:42
A lot of the kit powers also work well as feats. I wrote up a potential article (didn't get bought) that essentially converted a lot of the 2E god kits and some of the specialty priest powers into feats.
TBeholder Posted - 11 Sep 2017 : 23:03:34
On wizards of Nimbral - see in Ed's answers.
Diffan Posted - 11 Sep 2017 : 20:41:53
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo

Thanks for your replies !

What I liked about those kits is that there concieved to be add at the character's creation (so, not.like Pretiges Classes). It's basicaly advantages and inconvenients your character has because he is let's say a Warrior from Cormyr. So a Warrior from Dragon Coast will have different advantages and inconvenients). Maybe it's more like the Regional Feats of PGtF. But the probl with feats is that many classes don't have enough of them.

I think i have to create something here but dunno what. Maybe a system of advantages and disadvantages of my own, but how can I found a balance... It's complicated.

Then you really wanna check out Alternative class features. The cool thing about them is that you're swapping out something for something else. Or adding a bonus because there's a restriction. For example the Kensi loses proficiency with medium and heavy armor and all shields plus all martial weapons except 1 martial or exoitc weapon for which is his "preferred" weapon. It still uses the Fighter class in terms of Hit Die, Base Attack Progression, and Saving Throws. His class skills change and he's restricted to specific feats he can choose when he gains a Bonus Fighter feat.

Again I don't know what the Kits are because there's SO many classes in 3.5 that can be flavored to fit any theme that "kits" aren't necessarily needed.
Marco Volo Posted - 11 Sep 2017 : 19:11:25
Thanks for your replies !

What I liked about those kits is that there concieved to be add at the character's creation (so, not.like Pretiges Classes). It's basicaly advantages and inconvenients your character has because he is let's say a Warrior from Cormyr. So a Warrior from Dragon Coast will have different advantages and inconvenients). Maybe it's more like the Regional Feats of PGtF. But the probl with feats is that many classes don't have enough of them.

I think i have to create something here but dunno what. Maybe a system of advantages and disadvantages of my own, but how can I found a balance... It's complicated.
Bladewind Posted - 11 Sep 2017 : 14:55:55
Aye, I believe the shadowdancer prestige class is inspired by or found in Rogues and
Warriors of the Realms
(with its ability to hide in plain sight finding its origin in the 'shadowwalker' kit), so there definitely is precedent for the kits to be presented as PrC's.
Diffan Posted - 11 Sep 2017 : 13:47:55
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo

Hi,
I have the idea to incorporate some of the kit rules from Wizards and Rogues + Warriors and Priests of the Realms to characters created for the 3.5 édition (the Advantages/Inconvenients rules). But it seams very hard at first sight.
Did some of you ever tried this ? Advise could be very useful :)

Well the first thought is to turn them into Prestige Classes. Not having seen the kits its difficult to know where they fit in mechanically speaking. You could also go the alternative class features route, like in Dragon #310 there were classes like the Knight, Corsair, Pugilist, Kensi, ect. that changed the base class to fit in features but also restricted it to certain feats.

What sort of Kits are in the books?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000