Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If you had to live in the Realms, where would you?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mastermustard Posted - 08 Sep 2017 : 22:31:20
Larloch wasn't destroyed by the Srinshee's final attack, but was instead knocked through the planes and ended up on modern earth, in YOUR BEDROOM!

He's kidnapped your family and is threatening to turn them into zombies unless you agree to live somewhere in the realms for a period of no less than 10 years.

Why's he doing this? Who knows, that guy's off his rocker.

Okay, now that that's out of the way: If you were given a choice to live anywhere in the Realms, where would it be?

I think Cormyr might make for the easiest living, or Waterdeep, but I personally find the idea of Rashemen to be the most romantic. It seems to have a very strong blend of nordic/germanic culture going on.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thogrimm Posted - 13 Nov 2017 : 22:19:44
Wooly, well met!

In re-reading everything, perhaps I came across too strong, the question is where would you live after all!

But I definately got the safe vibe from everyone, and although I love the Lore, I couldnt stay cooped up in Candlekeep if I knew all this other stuff was out there!!! I would like to think that if I met a lone goblin on the road that I would at least stand a chance! Now I would probably change my tone completely once a dragon flew overhead!!!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Nov 2017 : 18:53:24
quote:
Originally posted by Thogrimm

Wow, you are telling me that after finding out that you could travel between the Realms and Earth that you would snuggle away in some safe quiet place?!

Until I had learned enough to be able to thrive in the Realms, yes, I would be someplace safe. Hard to learn to swing a sword or toss a spell if the first goblin you encounter kills you.

quote:
Originally posted by Thogrimm

I would pick Elminster's tower! I would tell him that I know Ed and ask him for a hookup with a Wizard mentor somewhere and spend ten years learning and practicing magic! Learn to make some basic magic items, potions, scrolls, etc. Perhaps go on a few adventures to put my skills to the test! Ten years later come back and rock this place!

I didn't say I'd not go a similar route for improving myself -- I should think a safe base of operations would be the obvious choice for just about anyone starting out.
Seravin Posted - 13 Nov 2017 : 17:26:08
Immersea - I would make great friends with the Wyvernspur nobles because I love them. I love that place and would love a townhouse like Giogi.

Other great places would be Eveningstar, Mistledale, Daerlun or (my personal favourite) Saerloon. Count me out for the Sword Coast, it's too darn cold!
Thogrimm Posted - 13 Nov 2017 : 15:48:36
Wow, you are telling me that after finding out that you could travel between the Realms and Earth that you would snuggle away in some safe quiet place?!

I would pick Elminster's tower! I would tell him that I know Ed and ask him for a hookup with a Wizard mentor somewhere and spend ten years learning and practicing magic! Learn to make some basic magic items, potions, scrolls, etc. Perhaps go on a few adventures to put my skills to the test! Ten years later come back and rock this place!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Nov 2017 : 22:38:34
Waterdeep is my favorite city in the Realms... But Silverymoon is a close second. If I had to live in the Realms, I think I'd pick the safety and stability of the latter.
ElfBane Posted - 12 Nov 2017 : 20:11:09
quote:
Originally posted by BadCatMan

The city of Procampur. It's politically stable, has quietly survived for centuries with few catastrophes, and is out of the way of authors and designers. Plus it was the first place I DMed in the Realms and the place I keep coming back to, so it's basically my home in the Realms. :)

You know this begs for the creation of a Procampur disaster module!
dragonfriend Posted - 08 Nov 2017 : 22:02:21
Sunset Vale
Barastir Posted - 06 Nov 2017 : 18:40:46
Daggerford or Silverymoon.
TBeholder Posted - 06 Nov 2017 : 00:34:15
Ravens Bluff.
The Arcanamach Posted - 05 Nov 2017 : 01:28:15
Daggerford or somewhere in the Moonshaes methinks. Though, to be honest, Shadowdale so that I can take a fast trip to the knoll sacred to Mystra (where Dammasae is buried) would be my first stop.
unseenmage Posted - 21 Sep 2017 : 07:53:56
Wherever I cam open up a bookbinder's shop or apprentice under an artificer for me.

If I don't go home with a giant magical robot friend then I've done something very wrong.
Diffan Posted - 21 Sep 2017 : 07:34:08
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Oooh, good choice, I'd live in Beregost, too! Where I could play D&D with my buddy Diffan. Whenever thoughts about getting stuffed into the Wall get me down.

I'd make sure you wouldn't get stuffed into the Wall. A few gold coins to the right Clerics, prayer here and there, maybe finding an artifact and gifting it to a temple goes a LONG way to securing a nice afterlife.
Daviot Posted - 21 Sep 2017 : 06:15:07
I left my heart in the Dalelands as soon as I picked up the 3e FR Campaign Setting. :)
Enough space for life to go slow, but close enough to big civilization that you could visit or order luxuries if you felt like it.
moonbeast Posted - 21 Sep 2017 : 04:15:46
I'd proclaim myself Protector of Myth Drannor (ruins). And occasionally I'd shout at trespassing adventurers: "You kids, get off my lawn!"

Ayrik Posted - 21 Sep 2017 : 00:04:51
Oooh, good choice, I'd live in Beregost, too! Where I could play D&D with my buddy Diffan. Whenever thoughts about getting stuffed into the Wall get me down.
Diffan Posted - 20 Sep 2017 : 23:25:30
I'd live in Beregost. Nice temple to Lathander/Amaunator close by. Nice proximity to big cities like Baldur's Gate and Waterdeep. Fun adventuring sites nearby. Trade routes to Amn and the Western Heartlands. Nice inns and a great blacksmith in the town too.
Starshade Posted - 20 Sep 2017 : 22:26:27
In the realms? Unless pointy ear conversion and a language course goes with the trip, perhaps the High Forrest, and learn Druidic!
Ayrik: Most likely, anyone can belong to some "Shaman" religion of sort. It's a bit overused in fiction, but useful.
farinal Posted - 20 Sep 2017 : 21:41:20
Silverymoon definitely!
Artemas Entreri Posted - 20 Sep 2017 : 20:26:56
quote:
Originally posted by shades of eternity

a random gnome settlement.

nobody knows where they are and so therefore I'm safe.

plus it's well known gnomes have 20th/21st century technology that they don't share with others. :p

What's the gnomish translation for siri?
Owesstaer Posted - 20 Sep 2017 : 20:10:42
Hilp in Cormyr looks unimportant enough to me!
CorellonsDevout Posted - 14 Sep 2017 : 03:07:19
Myth Drannor (before Shade Enclave fell on it), Evereska, or Evermeet. Or maybe Silverymoon.
sleyvas Posted - 12 Sep 2017 : 12:41:40
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

On an Earthmote, large enough for me to build a house and grow my own food.

Hey Markustay, that's not an earthmote... that's a former netherese enclave. Hey, what's Mystra doing climbing those rainbow stairs over there? Oh, she's just having a friendly chat with Helm.
sfdragon Posted - 12 Sep 2017 : 07:46:27
Either Silverymoon or Waterdeep or Semberholm
Ayrik Posted - 12 Sep 2017 : 04:58:13
I suppose if I lived in the Realms I would yearn to live on Earth instead, lol. I'm the sort of guy who'd end up being stuffed into the Wall of the Faithless, lol.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 11 Sep 2017 : 13:00:37
I'd live in Golden Huzuz.
Markustay Posted - 09 Sep 2017 : 07:17:21
On an Earthmote, large enough for me to build a house and grow my own food.
Ayrik Posted - 09 Sep 2017 : 05:40:06
Neverwinter seems analogous to Vancouver (where I live), though a little overinfested with elves and fey for my tastes. Waterdeep and Baldur's Gate seem too "cosmopolitan" and weird and dangerous, lol.

Luskan is a wee bit corrupt and perhaps a bit too cold to winter but otherwise filled with fine dwarven industry, so maybe ...

Can't go wrong with living at Candlekeep. Or maybe someplace like Elturel which is firmly secured by overzealous paladins, lol.
Adhriva Posted - 09 Sep 2017 : 05:07:09
Well, unfortunately for me I'm loyal to Coronal Miritar so I doubt I'd make it out of the bedroom before being blasted for drawing one of my swords and attacking him. Might have enough time to heroically yell "For Cormanthyr!" though...
shades of eternity Posted - 09 Sep 2017 : 04:42:21
a random gnome settlement.

nobody knows where they are and so therefore I'm safe.

plus it's well known gnomes have 20th/21st century technology that they don't share with others. :p
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Sep 2017 : 04:38:36
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

a temple of Sharess

Good choice!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000