Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Lost Tales of Myth Drannor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matrix Sorcica Posted - 16 Aug 2017 : 09:17:11
There will be an adventure compilation and an update on 5E Myth Drannor forthcoming:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?4373-Lost-Tales-of-Myth-Drannor-DDAL-s-Secret-D-D-Book-For-Gen-Con-50#.WZP_NFWrRaQ
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 20 Jul 2018 : 13:45:18
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

If only we could get an Undermountain Adventure. The Curse of Halaster's Hall's!

Yes, because Undermountain has not been overdone at all, having been included in more publications than literally any other location in any fantasy setting...

It's all about beating that dead horse to death.
John Daker Posted - 20 Jul 2018 : 13:35:49
It has been confirmed over at EN World (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?651693-Lost-Tales-of-Myth-Drannor-Now-On-DMs-Guild) that a Print on Demand version will be available through DMsGuild "right around GenCon or so."
The Masked Mage Posted - 20 Jul 2018 : 03:00:53
Seems to me the like goal here is to reset Myth Drannor to 2nd Edition, which is exactly how I liked it; just work in a couple explanations of how Phaerimm and Alhoon have returned and there you have it... and the baelnorn are back, having only been physically destroyed and now reformed.

The Masked Mage Posted - 20 Jul 2018 : 02:55:41
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

If only we could get an Undermountain Adventure. The Curse of Halaster's Hall's!

Yes, because Undermountain has not been overdone at all, having been included in more publications than literally any other location in any fantasy setting...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jul 2018 : 03:43:36
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I'm going to see if I can find one at Gen Con for an affordable price. I have the PDF so no biggie if they are trying to price gouge.

-- George Krashos

Good luck. I've been watching them on eBay, and I think the cheapest I've seen was still something like $100.
George Krashos Posted - 19 Jul 2018 : 02:44:29
I'm going to see if I can find one at Gen Con for an affordable price. I have the PDF so no biggie if they are trying to price gouge.

-- George Krashos
John Daker Posted - 18 Jul 2018 : 20:13:59
Will this be available as Print on Demand (i.e. a physical product)? I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 15 Jul 2018 : 20:31:15
I did, too.
Brimstone Posted - 15 Jul 2018 : 13:35:15
Got a copy...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jul 2018 : 21:46:17
It's finally up on the DMs Guild.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Dec 2017 : 16:31:14
As I recall, Ed's explanation was that there was a barrier raised around the tree itself, and the barrier punched thru the falling city of Shade.

So as I see it, there's nothing to reconcile - the parts of the city that had been reclaimed were destroyed, but a small area around the tree (maybe a circle 50 or 100 feet in diameter) was untouched.
sleyvas Posted - 09 Dec 2017 : 16:09:10
quote:

How do we reconcile the statement in this product that Myth Drannor has been "utterly destroyed" with Ed's comments regarding the Tree of Souls and how it was saved from the fall of Thultanthar ... ?

-- George Krashos

I forget what Ed said, but maybe the tree of souls "collapsed the mythal into itself". By that, I mean maybe the tree is sentient and it drew upon the nearest major power source to generate some kind of "barrier" to protect itself? Maybe the tree itself has gone into "safe room" mode, and its surrounded by demons and devils... all of whom are greedily rubbing their hands together to try and figure out some way to break through that barrier and get their hands on this beautiful tree full of soul energy that they want to corrupt. In fact, I know a lot of folks aren't extremely fond of god theories, but maybe this tree is itself an avatar of some elven deity (possibly Rillifane Ralathil... possibly Angharradh) but one outside of the god's control and if it dies it weakens the god itself.
Gary Dallison Posted - 09 Dec 2017 : 14:14:17
quote:

How do we reconcile the statement in this product that Myth Drannor has been "utterly destroyed" with Ed's comments regarding the Tree of Souls and how it was saved from the fall of Thultanthar ... ?

-- George Krashos

Dont. For the last 2 editions a conscious decision was made to ignore (and indeed wipe away) all previous lore. As a result you cannot hope to reconcile "lore" produced with such a design philosophy.

But im just negative.
George Krashos Posted - 09 Dec 2017 : 13:17:40

-- George Krashos
Zeromaru X Posted - 09 Dec 2017 : 03:03:15
Thanks, Matrix. Is good to know that they left the potential for players to help Ilse to rebuild Myth Drannor, for those who didn't like the "old elven city as an evil dungeon because civilization is just for the superior homosapiens" approach.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 09 Dec 2017 : 01:32:50
Oops! I misread the comment ^^;
TomCosta Posted - 09 Dec 2017 : 01:23:46
Actually, Matrix said Ilsevele didn't abandon the dream....
CorellonsDevout Posted - 09 Dec 2017 : 00:44:20
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix Sorcica

The surviving Elves retrested to Semberholme and sends expeditions into the ruined city. Ilsevele has not given up on the dream that was Cormanthor and needs help forcing out goblins, dragons, demons and worse from the lands.
The Mythal is broken and magic in the area has become unstable.

Is that what Lost Tales says? I knew about the elves being refugees in Semberholme and Evereska, but I didn't know about Ilsevele abandoning the dream.
Matrix Sorcica Posted - 08 Dec 2017 : 10:36:11
The surviving Elves retrested to Semberholme and sends expeditions into the ruined city. Ilsevele has not given up on the dream that was Cormanthor and needs help forcing out goblins, dragons, demons and worse from the lands.
The Mythal is broken and magic in the area has become unstable.
Zeromaru X Posted - 08 Dec 2017 : 05:38:42
Thanks, Wooly. I guess I will be wondering about what happened to the elves of Myth Drannor for a little bit longer... (because that is the only thing that I want from this book )
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Dec 2017 : 05:16:19
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

I guess there is still no DM's Guild release date, right?

Nothing I've seen, though I almost never go to the Wizards site anymore, and I could have easily missed an announcement.

I do see the book on eBay from time to time, but it's usually being sold for $200 or more. Even if I had that much laying around, begging to be spent on something frivolous, I don't think I'd be willing to drop that much on a single book.
Zeromaru X Posted - 08 Dec 2017 : 05:03:45
I guess there is still no DM's Guild release date, right?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Aug 2017 : 02:53:26
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

Awww, it seems like the actually hardback BOOK product is a GenCon 2017 exclusive. I would have liked to have the hardback book if they sold it. But I'm sure it will eventually arrive on DM's Guild as a bunch of digital electrons at a low price.

It wasn't even a hardback. There were a couple of copies present at the Candlekeep seminar, and it was obviously a soft cover.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 18 Aug 2017 : 00:58:18
I know, but it would give us an idea, and a better understanding of the "state" of MD, and the elves.
Adhriva Posted - 18 Aug 2017 : 00:39:11
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

^This. I would really like updates on what is going on with MD, and the elven refugees who fled from there. We know they have gone to other elven settlements, but...now what?

That can be one deep rabbit hole
CorellonsDevout Posted - 17 Aug 2017 : 21:57:02
^This. I would really like updates on what is going on with MD, and the elven refugees who fled from there. We know they have gone to other elven settlements, but...now what?
sleyvas Posted - 17 Aug 2017 : 21:02:20
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

quote:
Originally posted by Taleras

Are these kind of texts fun to read? I love learning about history and lore even if it isn't in novel format. I unfortunately don't have anyone to play with where I live, but would also love to be caught up on lore and such when I am able to find some folks to play with. Wondering if I should look into purchasing some books like these.

I will be sourcebooks (like campaign guides) for lore purposes, as I don't really play, either. I am interested in what lore this book has to offer, but if it is mostly adventure stuff, it probably won't be of much use to me.

ditto.. Lore heavy, adventure itself light. I can adapt the hundreds of dungeon magazine modules I have. I'm more interested to see what they're vision of the area is than nitpicking about room 31a that's filled with giant rats and hidden in their excrement is a sword +1 and 15 copper pieces.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 17 Aug 2017 : 19:14:28
quote:
Originally posted by Taleras

Are these kind of texts fun to read? I love learning about history and lore even if it isn't in novel format. I unfortunately don't have anyone to play with where I live, but would also love to be caught up on lore and such when I am able to find some folks to play with. Wondering if I should look into purchasing some books like these.

I will be sourcebooks (like campaign guides) for lore purposes, as I don't really play, either. I am interested in what lore this book has to offer, but if it is mostly adventure stuff, it probably won't be of much use to me.
Taleras Posted - 17 Aug 2017 : 14:21:16
sleyvas Posted - 17 Aug 2017 : 12:19:29
Intrigued. Good to see it will be available as a PDF, but hopefully that won't mean its still full price. I'm still a fan of buying the actual books.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000