Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Forum logon query

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sfdragon Posted - 14 Aug 2017 : 09:53:27
but is the log in security thing up to date? when I log out and go to log back in, it says not a secure something something such
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alaundo Posted - 04 Oct 2017 : 10:06:49
Well met

Just an update... I've had a newsletter from the Candlekeep web host regarding obtaining SSL certificates which would resolve this "issue". Apparently, this is a feature which Google have introduced in Chrome and looks now to be a cash-in for web hosts. I don't see this is necessary and is just extra yearly expense on top of what Candlekeep already costs. Considering the functionality of this site, the message is more of a red-herring and nothing to worry about.
Ayrik Posted - 28 Sep 2017 : 05:08:07
Clear browser cache and cookies, then restart the browser.

Try a different browser.
Gelcur Posted - 28 Sep 2017 : 02:18:14
That is exactly right. It is complaining because we are entering credentials and it is not HTTPS. I noticed it on other bulletin boards too, most boards if I remember correctly encrypt only the fields, so its a mixed content issue.

Just so people are aware HTTPS certs are now available for free using https://letsencrypt.org/ . But I also subscribe to if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Alaundo Posted - 16 Aug 2017 : 09:23:34
Well met

I've tried with the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, IE and Opera via Windows 7 and Android and haven't had any issues or notifications. It may be that your security settings are set very high and it's simply not liking a log in function which isn't with an encryption or HTTPS protocol. I would say not to worry about .
sfdragon Posted - 15 Aug 2017 : 23:57:19
firefox 54.0.1 is what I have
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Aug 2017 : 10:56:00
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I'm getting the same warning in Google Chrome, for what it's worth.

My workplace runs on IE, so I use Chrome there to access the site... And I've not seen any issues.

I'm also an Android user, so I've accessed from Chrome on my tablets and phone, similarly without issue.
Arivia Posted - 15 Aug 2017 : 10:51:56
I'm getting the same warning in Google Chrome, for what it's worth.
Kentinal Posted - 15 Aug 2017 : 02:53:12
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

Mozilla firefox.
it is set up to auto update. so to which version I've no idea

Open new tab, select help, then from pull down select about. That should give you version. I am updated to 54.0.1 (32-bit). You might have a different version.

Alaundo, There might simple be an issue that FireFox is not seeing a https: which is considered more secure.
sfdragon Posted - 15 Aug 2017 : 02:39:42
Mozilla firefox.
it is set up to auto update. so to which version I've no idea
Alaundo Posted - 14 Aug 2017 : 09:59:13
Well met

I've not seen this issue before and surprised your receiving this when signing into the forum. Which browser and version are you using?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000