Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 About the destruction of Zhentil Keep in 1383...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arioch Posted - 03 Aug 2017 : 13:46:40
Hi fellow scribes!

Aside from "Netherese raze Zhentil Keep and the Citadel of the Raven; Fzoul Chembryl is slain; Zhents divorce from Church of Bane" and that this was about retribution because Fzoul's alliance with the Phaerimms, which other details are officially known about this event? In which products may I eventually find them?

Thanks a lot!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 02 Mar 2020 : 22:46:07
Master Rupert,

In the last three 2.5 years, has anything else been produced on the destruction of Zhentil Keep that you are aware of?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

A lot of things deserved more detail, and were brushed to the side or ignored.

cpthero2 Posted - 02 Mar 2020 : 22:43:25
Explorer Markustay,

I would have to say the ghost option is worse. It just smacks of mockery and derision to me. At least with no lore, you can ignore WotC's endless shoveling of crap and make up good stuff based on previous lore. It's the disconnect they are after, so they can write new material.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I'm not sure what is worse - not having the details, or having one of your favorite characters appear as a 'ghost' in a 4e novel.

As for Zhentil Keep... Zhentil Keeps come and Zhentil Keeps go. There is a new one every other week. Manshoon uses clones, and everything else 'regrows' overnight. I wouldn't be surprised to hear from Fzoul and his says, "reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

I hear Ravenloft has at least three copies of the place, Manshoons and all.

Zeromaru X Posted - 08 Aug 2017 : 02:51:52
quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

So basically the things I've found already... a pity. If not for the city, at least for the death of Fzoul. As an iconic FR character probably he deserved some more detailing of his departure.

Well, he never departed. He lives in your heart

And in Bane's plane, as a demigod.
Markustay Posted - 08 Aug 2017 : 01:31:51
I'm not sure what is worse - not having the details, or having one of your favorite characters appear as a 'ghost' in a 4e novel.

As for Zhentil Keep... Zhentil Keeps come and Zhentil Keeps go. There is a new one every other week. Manshoon uses clones, and everything else 'regrows' overnight. I wouldn't be surprised to hear from Fzoul and his says, "reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

I hear Ravenloft has at least three copies of the place, Manshoons and all.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Aug 2017 : 16:50:20
A lot of things deserved more detail, and were brushed to the side or ignored.
Arioch Posted - 03 Aug 2017 : 15:28:43
So basically the things I've found already... a pity. If not for the city, at least for the death of Fzoul. As an iconic FR character probably he deserved some more detailing of his departure.
Gary Dallison Posted - 03 Aug 2017 : 14:54:40
My immediate though is something sarcastic (it will be in the upcoming sourcebook "Dalamar's Guide To Athasian Phenomena"), but that isnt helpful so i wont say that.

NuRealms is designed to be lore light, especially when it comes to historical events. My best guess is that this event might get a cursory mention in the 4e campaign guide in the moonsea section but otherwise that is quite deliberately all the detail to be found most likely.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000