Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Nations at War

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nicolai Withander Posted - 22 Jul 2017 : 15:58:12
Hello fellow scribes...

I was wondering if there had been any nations (Kingdoms, City-states etc) at war with one-another, at any time since the Time of Troubles?

It seems to be more individuals, or organizations that do the fighting, not so much families or kingdoms... like that of GoT... Or am I wrong?

I would like to hear what Kingdoms might have been predatory against neighbors or which nations might have gone to war for any matter... My knowledge might be limited and wrong in this regard, but besides the Crownwars... I don't see many nations warring.

Thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 02 Mar 2020 : 23:18:25
Master Withander,

I would consider the First Banedeath as a war, albeit a civil war. I mean, it was a straight up holy war within Zhentil Keep in 1361DR. I don't know if that meets the criteria, but that came to mind.

There was the Second Dragonspear War in 1363DR as well.

A huge biggie too would be the Reclamation Wars in Tethyr! That was a true biggie civil war right there. 1367DR

Clan Warcrown with allies from Silverymoon seize back Citadel Felbarr from the Many Arrow Orcs. 1367DR

Another massive war was the Twelfth Seros War in the Sea of Fallen Stars. 1369DR

The Deepwater War was significant with New Waterdeep in Maztica and trade to and fro being halted for almost a year. 1369DR

The Sothsillian War (my term) occurs with part of Amn being annexed....ouch. 1371DR

The Thayan civil war: 1375DR

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

Hello fellow scribes...

I was wondering if there had been any nations (Kingdoms, City-states etc) at war with one-another, at any time since the Time of Troubles?

It seems to be more individuals, or organizations that do the fighting, not so much families or kingdoms... like that of GoT... Or am I wrong?

I would like to hear what Kingdoms might have been predatory against neighbors or which nations might have gone to war for any matter... My knowledge might be limited and wrong in this regard, but besides the Crownwars... I don't see many nations warring.

Thanks

Markustay Posted - 22 Jul 2017 : 22:34:11
On a world with ACTUAL 'other races', religious and political conflicts would fall by the wayside, and racism would be the #1 form of mass aggression. It just makes sense.

But at the end of the day, it always comes down to LAND. Thats what every war is fought over, no matter what the excuses are.

EDIT:
Oh, and to add to the list - as much as I hate to bring this particular product up, Swords of the Iron Legion is all about a war involving several factions, all of them human, IIRC. Pretty-much a war in Erlkazar and the Shining Plains (although the actual country of 'Erlkazar' is mysteriously absent). {sigh}
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Jul 2017 : 21:09:43
The Tuigan invasion was mostly human versus human. There were some other races thrown into the mix, against the Tuigan, but it was almost entirely a conflict among humans.
sleyvas Posted - 22 Jul 2017 : 20:35:53
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Thay and Aglarond.
Mulhorand and the remnants of Unther (a one sided conflict at best).
The gold dwarves and the duergar in shanatar.
The elves and drow in cormanthor.
The dalelands, sembia, zhentil keep, and hillsfar in cormanthor.
Zhentil Keep and orcs and giants from Thar.
Ravens Bluff and Myrkessa Jelan.
Cormyr and the goblins of Grodd.
Shade and Phaerimm and evereska and cormyr.
Silver Marches and the many arrows kingdom of orcs.
Drow and blingdenstone and mithril hall.
Ffolk and northmen of the moonshaes.
Luskan and Ruathym.

Im sure there are lots more but thats off the top of my head.

Thay and the Wizard's Reach (Salamander War)
Thay and Rashemen
Nicolai Withander Posted - 22 Jul 2017 : 17:44:18
Hi thanks...

I totally forgot to say from time of trouble and until spell plague. With that being sayd, how many of the interstate conflicts were purely between humans? Or between different races, but for political reasons? There seem to be monstrous humanoid prevalent on one of the sides, this kind of indicating good vs evil... or is that just how it looks from the outside?

Thanks again
Zeromaru X Posted - 22 Jul 2017 : 16:43:46
Since the Time of Troubles? That covers a lot of the time frame of the Realms, if you take into account the 100 time jump in 4e. Or are you only interested in the conflicts of the 14th century?

Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Jul 2017 : 16:21:15
The Tuigan basically took on all comers. Successfully, too, until Cormyr decided to get into the game.
Gary Dallison Posted - 22 Jul 2017 : 16:13:08
Thay and Aglarond.
Mulhorand and the remnants of Unther (a one sided conflict at best).
The gold dwarves and the duergar in shanatar.
The elves and drow in cormanthor.
The dalelands, sembia, zhentil keep, and hillsfar in cormanthor.
Zhentil Keep and orcs and giants from Thar.
Ravens Bluff and Myrkessa Jelan.
Cormyr and the goblins of Grodd.
Shade and Phaerimm and evereska and cormyr.
Silver Marches and the many arrows kingdom of orcs.
Drow and blingdenstone and mithril hall.
Ffolk and northmen of the moonshaes.
Luskan and Ruathym.

Im sure there are lots more but thats off the top of my head.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000