Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How are shades treated throughout the Realms?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mastermustard Posted - 11 Jul 2017 : 23:20:27
With Shade destroyed, the remaining shades must be having a hard time of it making their way in the world.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 12 Jul 2017 : 15:09:49
They not only attacked or pissed-off every good (or neutral) group, they also attacked at least one and pissed-off nearly every other evil group.

They are probably the one group (should they return in force... AGAIN) that could make Thay and Aglarond form an alliance to stop them. Its THAT bad.

In fact, they are so awful, when they show up in The Realms, people in the real world start grabbing their pitchforks and torches!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Jul 2017 : 13:50:37
With the way the Shades were used as pretty much THE evil group of the Realms, from 3.0 onward, I'd expect -- especially after they took over Sembia -- that the Shades would be known throughout the Heartlands. Sure, your peasant/farmer likely won't even know someone that has seen a Shade, but they had a big enough impact on the Realms that pretty much everyone would at least know of them.
moonbeast Posted - 12 Jul 2017 : 11:55:21
But the phrase "throughout the Realms" is the key here. Do you all think that the average uneducated peasant-farmer in the Western Heartlands would even know what a Shade is? How about a sheep-herding Halfling rancher (residing in some pastoral Halfling shire)? Would he even know a Shade when he encounters one?

IMHO, these average citizens of the Realms would most likely be apprehensive, if not hostile, to a very foreign-looking humanoid that they rarely (or never) heard about. They would even guess, correctly, that the Shade being is possibly some fiendish-looking creature "from beyond our world". They are at least partially right. The Shades are more at home in the Plane of Shadow.

George Krashos Posted - 12 Jul 2017 : 04:03:42
Badly. Like pitchforks and torches badly.

-- George Krashos
sfdragon Posted - 12 Jul 2017 : 02:36:37
keeping low profiles and hope nobody notices
Diffan Posted - 12 Jul 2017 : 01:55:47
They probably stick to the Shadows (heh) and maybe consolidate in places that had accepted them before, like certain merchant-houses in Sembia and probably a few corrupt noble families of Cormyr.
TomCosta Posted - 11 Jul 2017 : 23:49:24
I'd say so. Think about any oppressive minority group that gets overthrown. It's usually not pretty.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000