Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Deals on DriveThruRPG

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KanzenAU Posted - 26 May 2017 : 00:45:06
There's some pretty darn good deals on 1e, Planescape, and Known World stuff going on over at DriveThruRPG if you're into PDFs.

It's only a fraction of the normal price.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Jun 2017 : 18:15:23
quote:
Originally posted by KanzenAU

For those interested, be aware that Ed Greenwood's "The Five Shires" is part of the Known World Megabundle that's on-sale. I bought it without realizing this was the case, and was very pleased to find this out! For the unaware, the Five Shires was designed by Ed to be easily used in the Realms.

Well, he didn't openly say it was designed to be used in the Realms... When I once mentioned to Ed using the Five Shires supplement for Luiren, he said:

quote:
Sure. Superimpose the Luiren cities and government structure, shift places "just a little" to make room for them, and, yes, it works admirably for that. Almost as if someone designed it that way. ;}
TomCosta Posted - 07 Jun 2017 : 17:15:37
And Markustay has a map on DeviantArt that incorporates it into the Realms as well.
KanzenAU Posted - 07 Jun 2017 : 15:11:06
For those interested, be aware that Ed Greenwood's "The Five Shires" is part of the Known World Megabundle that's on-sale. I bought it without realizing this was the case, and was very pleased to find this out! For the unaware, the Five Shires was designed by Ed to be easily used in the Realms.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 May 2017 : 19:19:52
Finally got all the files downloaded...

I wish they'd done the original version of the 2E PHB, and not the Revised one -- I really preferred the art from the original.

They're good deals, though. I went for the Planescape and Known World ones. I passed on the 1E one since I already had pdfs of the few 1E core books I wanted.

Once upon a time, I had every hardcover from 1E and 2E, save for Kingdoms of Kalamar... But since I lost all of those, I've not been all that interested in replacing them, even in pdf format.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 May 2017 : 14:39:50
quote:
Originally posted by KanzenAU

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I just wish I could download the files I paid for... Their site says it's experiencing heavy traffic, so I've not been able to get a single file, yet...

I've been having a similar problem - in the end I've resorted to downloading them one by one instead of packets, and that's worked fine.

Alternatively could wait a few days until it all settles down.

I've been working on downloading them one at a time, but even that's been spotty.

I really don't understand why, for downloads with multiple files in one product, they don't offer a single zip file. Sure, I know their normal thing can zip files, but it only does 10 at a time -- and the Dwarves of Rockhome, for example, is like 17 files.
KanzenAU Posted - 26 May 2017 : 10:49:46
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I just wish I could download the files I paid for... Their site says it's experiencing heavy traffic, so I've not been able to get a single file, yet...

I've been having a similar problem - in the end I've resorted to downloading them one by one instead of packets, and that's worked fine.

Alternatively could wait a few days until it all settles down.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 May 2017 : 10:00:08
xaeyruudh Posted - 26 May 2017 : 07:16:07
Nice! Thanks for the heads-up!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000